Bracelet/Watch Compatibility Question

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
jbm90
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Bracelet/Watch Compatibility Question

Post by jbm90 »

Hi, I just had a quick question on the different model bracelets, and clarity on which bracelets are compatible with which watches?

E.g. would a C65 Super Compressor bracelet fit all C65 watches..? What's the easiest way to find this out?
C65 AMGT 2 VEV | Chronograph
C63 FLE 2023
C60 Atoll 300 Reef Blue
C10 Aviator Mark I
C8 Pilot Revival Special Edition SS & DCL
C7 Rapide Automatic | Quartz Panda
Omega x Swatch Mercury | Earth | Jupiter | Saturn | Neptune | Mars
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: Bracelet/Watch Compatibility Question

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

The Forum Admin Team has a work in progress to get together a full bracelet / watch compatibility table within the CWArchive, but it is early days.

If you are thinking specifically of the C65 models, compatibility is quite straightforward;-

1. Super Compressor is a stand alone version due to the fitted, but straight, end links on the bracelet.

2. Trident Diver, Automatic, GMT, DiveTimer, SH21 LE et al; the bracelet is interchangeable.

3. Chronograph, AM GT / VEVs have taller lugs so use a third version of the bracelet.

4. Aquitaine has its own bracelet.

For the C60 Trident Pro models;-

1. Mk3 uses its own bracelet, with wide centre links and different versions for the Pro 600 and Pro 300

2. Mk2 bracelets will not fit Mk3 C60s but are backwards compatible with Mk2, C600 & C6 models.

3. Mk1 bracelets will not fit newer models.

Hope this helps.

Guy

Sent from my XPERIA 5 III using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post (total 6):
nbgThegreymanjbm90welshladMikkei4tikkathree
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
jbm90
Senior
Senior

Post by jbm90 »

Thanks Guy, very useful info, and that sounds like very useful good work by the Admin team (and also hard work!)
C63 FLE 2023
C60 Atoll 300 Reef Blue
C10 Aviator Mark I
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:32 am The Forum Admin Team has a work in progress to get together a full bracelet / watch compatibility table within the CWArchive, but it is early days.
This is great news, since this question comes up often! I can't wait to see it. Thanks for the hard work getting something so useful available to us. I'll be patiently waiting.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Question: how are we defining compatibility here?

Does it mean a perfect fit or does it mean mountable and usable but not necessarily perfect alignment between end link and lugs?

I’m inclined to assume it means the former, as the latter introduces too much grey area. One man’s usable is another’s visual abomination. :lol:
Drew
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ Perfect fit, as intended by CW, in my book.

Accept no compromise.

Guy

Sent from my XPERIA 5 III using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post (total 2):
rkovarsjkbarnes
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:16 pm Question: how are we defining compatibility here?

Does it mean a perfect fit or does it mean mountable and usable but not necessarily perfect alignment between end link and lugs?

I’m inclined to assume it means the former, as the latter introduces too much grey area. One man’s usable is another’s visual abomination. :lol:
I've had watches and straps which match that description; not any longer, obviously. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
These users thanked the author tikkathree for the post:
jkbarnes
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
jbm90
Senior
Senior

Post by jbm90 »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:16 pm
I guess I'd be interested to know both really; which could still be used on specific models, and which are actually intended for that perfect fit
C63 FLE 2023
C60 Atoll 300 Reef Blue
C10 Aviator Mark I
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

jbm90 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:14 pm I guess I'd be interested to know both really; which could still be used on specific models, and which are actually intended for that perfect fit
As Guy pointed out, what they’re working on for the archives will be perfect fit.

If you’re interested in what can be made to fit what, that question might need to be addressed on a case-by-case basis (pun intended!). For example, I tried fitting a Mk2 C65 38mm bracelet (quick release) to a Mk 1 Trident Vintage (also 38mm). It fit, but I didn’t like the look at all. The lugs stuck out above the end links, making it visually unappealing for me.

However, I was able to fit that same bracelet to my 36mm Sealander with no problem. It’s not a perfect fit, with the end links protruding slightly above the lugs and the end links DO NOT hug the watch head perfectly (36mm vs 38mm). There’s also a bit of play in the end links too. However, none of that bothers me, nor do those things grab my attention when I look down at the watch on my wrist. I’m quite content with this bracelet on the watch.

Your mileage may vary….
Drew
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

jkbarnes wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:25 pm ....
If you’re interested in what can be made to fit what, that question might need to be addressed on a case-by-case basis (pun intended!). For example, I tried fitting a Mk2 C65 38mm bracelet (quick release) to a Mk 1 Trident Vintage (also 38mm). It fit, but I didn’t like the look at all. The lugs stuck out above the end links, making it visually unappealing for me.

However, I was able to fit that same bracelet to my 36mm Sealander with no problem. It’s not a perfect fit, with the end links protruding slightly above the lugs and the end links DO NOT hug the watch head perfectly (36mm vs 38mm). There’s also a bit of play in the end links too. However, none of that bothers me, nor do those things grab my attention when I look down at the watch on my wrist. I’m quite content with this bracelet on the watch.

Your mileage may vary….

If you already have the bracelet of course it's easy to test it on something else. But if you don't already have it, they aren't that cheap to purchase on a gamble.

It would be helpful, in the bracelet compatibility guide, to include the distance of the log holes from the case edge (at the point furthest from the centre of the diameter) for each watch model, and the corresponding distance of the spring bars from the bottommost point of the curve in the endlink for each bracelet.

With more info, people might be more willing to take calculated gambles.

For instance, I'm wondering if the bracelet for the 38mm TP 300 might fit, even if imperfectly, the old 38mm W61/C61. The case height for the TP300 is 11mm while the W61 is 10.3mm, which is pretty close, but the LTL of the TP300 is 45mm while W61 is around 46++mm.

That translates to longer lugs, most likely, but the bracelet might still fit if the position of the lug holes are similar.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen