Lost crown, is repair possible

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Agitated
CW-watches: 3

Lost crown, is repair possible

Post by Agitated »

Somehow managed to lose the crown off one of my CW watches. The watch stopped at the time it was lost. I messaged CW about 2 weeks ago asking if a repair was possible, but have not had any response. Has anyone else had a similar issue and was a repair possible? Watch is well out of any warranty and the paperwork has been put somewhere safe, so I think the model is a CW C11.

Image20230121_135106 by Nigel Jones, on Flickr

ImageLost crown by Nigel Jones, on Flickr
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: Lost crown, is repair possible

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Sorry to hear of your issue, but I'm confident that a 'lost crown' is replaceable/fixable.

I've had a crown fall out of a C11 Makaira Elite some years ago, fortunately it was whilst I was setting the time and I was able to catch it; but CW repaired it at no great expense.

You've not mentioned how you messaged CW but they have a Service and Repairs page on their website; just click on the "Request Service or Repair" box and follow the instruction / complete the on-line form.

From the tone of your post I take an inference that your C11 MSL has not been back to CW before and, with the repair to be effected and age of the watch, I anticipate CW will recommend a 'Full Service'; be prepared.

I trust this is of help.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Agitated

Post by Agitated »

Thanks for the response. I did use the online form on the CW website. I'll try them again.
These users thanked the author Agitated for the post:
Bahnstormer_vRS
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

What Guy says^^^^^^^^. They don't sell spare parts.

Are we looking at the stem which has internal threads to seat the crown or are we looking at the stem tube and the crown and stem have gone missing? Either way they'll fettle it but get used to the idea that your watch is going to be off your wrist for some weeks but I note that it's not your only watch.

I note that you used the online service & repair form and you're awaiting a response: let me share my very recent experience:

I received an automated acknowledgement "Your enquiry (NNNNNN) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff" same day and within a week received a pre-paid mailer in which to pack and send the watch back. (I'd opted to drop the watch at a post office rather than arrange for the watch to be uplifted by DPD).

I received acknowledgement that the watch had arrived say a week later. The next email was about 2 weeks later when the watch had been inspected and I was invited to pay for the work required with the news that the work could take up to 10 weeks to be carried out. It might not take ten weeks but if it does that'll be about 14 weeks end-to-end.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Agitated

Post by Agitated »

Re sent the request just now and yes did get the automated response, which I didn't get last time, so it may have been operator error on my part the first time. Thanks.
These users thanked the author Agitated for the post:
Bahnstormer_vRS