Dent in Trident pro bezel fix?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Bebop23!
CW-watches: 5

Dent in Trident pro bezel fix?

Post by Bebop23! »

Hi all.

Just dinged my 2014 Trident Pro black bezel.

Usually so careful but managed to knock it on a door handle last weekend. I noticed last night that there is a small round punch mark dent in the bezel.

I rang Christopher Ward customer services this morning to ask about fitting new bezel or repair?

Anyone had any similar issues like this? Dobyou think they will still have bezel g or the original Trident pro? Kierra I think it was said that they could only quote when they receive the watch back to themselves but might also be a case replacement? I wonder what the cost of this might be...... any thoughts appreciated guys.

Really love this watch and it is an excellent timekeeper by only 15 seconds out or so a week.

Thanks for reading

Paul

16747367787672524143985503088740.jpg
Last edited by Bahnstormer_vRS on Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attached photos placed 'in line'.
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: Dent in Trident pro bezel fix?

Post by tikkathree »

Historically CW have held the line that they don't sell watch parts which includes bezel inserts and I think I've yet to see a forum post where a damaged bezel insert hasn't been dealt with by way of a full case replacement.

Next you're going to ask whether, in the event of such a repair, your original case/bezel/insert would be returned to you? I wouldn't hold your breath.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

^^^ I thought it was just that CW won't sell you and ship you a part like a bezel insert. I thought they'd absolutely replace just a bezel insert if you send it to them. I've never had it done so I can't say for sure, but it wouldn't make sense for them to replace an entire case for just a bezel issue. They are separate parts.

To the OP, the only way you'll get your answer is by sending it in to CW. Worst case scenario is that if it's too expensive then just have them send it back. There will be no cost to you at that point, just time.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Viognier »

Sorry to hear (and clearly see) what has happened. Agree with ajax87's comments above.

I'll add that I also seem to hit the sides of doorways and door knobs....just odd as there is plenty of room to go through!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

Viognier wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:55 pm Sorry to hear (and clearly see) what has happened. Agree with ajax87's comments above.

I'll add that I also seem to hit the sides of doorways and door knobs....just odd as there is plenty of room to go through!
Some people walk like Liam Gallagher. 👍

Bebop23! Did CW customer services, tell you to send the watch in, just to assess the Bezel damage, or for a quote?

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
Bebop23!

Post by Bebop23! »

Hi guys. Thanks for all your thoughts regarding this. CW are going to send out a return pack and they will then inspect and advise with a quote I believe. I asked whether they could give me a quote either way… a) to replace the bezel and b) to replace case and bezel which does seem extreme.
I did wonder whether the dent could be gently tapped out from the inside when it is removed but perhaps it would be difficult to do and they would find it easier I guess to just replace. I hope the cost isn’t going to be too high but do appreciate they are in business to make money.
Between my wife’s grandfather and myself we have 15 CW watches. He died recently and I was given his limited edition Le Mans watch ….. sorry I am digressing here. Thanks again for your input guys.
These users thanked the author Bebop23! for the post:
ajax87
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

I feel your pain. Several of my watches have dings from bumping the quartz countertop on the kitchen island. It takes a while, but I eventually get over the blemishes.

Enjoy the LE Le Man's. I hope it brings you fond memories.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi