I want to like it, but….

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Tonywalker
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 26

Re: I want to like it, but….

Post by Tonywalker »

Andrew - if it helps at all, I picked up the Ocean blue SC recently, with the swish logos. Blown away by the dial - absolutely stunning the way it catches the light.
CW watch count - enough to keep me very happy, but always room for more!
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Tonywalker wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:01 am Andrew - if it helps at all, I picked up the Ocean blue SC recently, with the swish logos. Blown away by the dial - absolutely stunning the way it catches the light.
I’ve often speculated that my thoughts on the ocean blue and black sand dials could probably change instantly if I saw one in the metal.
Drew
Tonywalker
Guru
Guru

Post by Tonywalker »

I pondered over the dark blue and Ocean Blue for a while. Now while the version 3 logo doesn't bother me too much, I think the swish logos on the SC work really well. I am confident that you wouldn't be disappointed if you take the plunge.
The straight edge on the case for straps and bracelets opens up lots of options too -.looks great on a shark mesh👍
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Tonywalker wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:40 am …looks great on a shark mesh👍
Looks even better on a beads-of-rice bracelet! It’s the perfect pairing, if you ask me, and what the SC should have shipped with. There are plenty of photos of that combo to be found on the forum.
Drew
Tonywalker
Guru
Guru

Post by Tonywalker »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:55 am
Tonywalker wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:40 am …looks great on a shark mesh👍
Looks even better on a beads-of-rice bracelet! It’s the perfect pairing, if you ask me, and what the SC should have shipped with. There are plenty of photos of that combo to be found on the forum.

Agreed. BofR bracelet is a perfect match for a reteo watch. I recall seeing these pictures in the past and thought similar back then.
These users thanked the author Tonywalker for the post:
jkbarnes
OllyW
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 8

Post by OllyW »

Mine is the C63 Sealander Elite.

I love the automatic and GMT Sealanders, in fact they are my favourite Christopher Ward watches. I’ve already got a hunter green and a white GMT with the FLE on order and like the other two colours too. I also think the 36mm looks great, especially in white or black. I also really like titanium watches, so on paper the Elite should appeal to me.

The dial on the Elite is too busy for me and the minute hand looks like it’s in no-mans land between the two minute tracks and I just can’t warm to it. It’s a shame because a titanium version of the standard Sealander with a COSC movement would have been an automatic purchase for me.
Y Cymro

Post by Y Cymro »

Joined here today to find out more about the 36mm C63 Sealander and then saw the 2023FLE which I think is a lovely looking thing. I want to like it, but it’s a bit too big for me. Still mulling it over though…..
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Often I respect the technology and the design work, however visually it does not captive me enough to motivate a purchase. Similar to AVO it is very rare that if I'm not immediately interested that it ends up in an eventual purchase.

Even easier to do when you are trying to manage your watch box to four or five pieces in total.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy