Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by Thunder1 »

Starting my work week off w/ a chrono..
Oris Divers 65 Chrono(2).JPG
And an Ocean 1 Vintage Maxi for later this afternoon/evening..
Steinhart Ocean 1 Vintage Maxi 51of150 2015(1).JPG
These users thanked the author Thunder1 for the post:
Bident
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Current favourite watch which I’ve worn the past 3 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Thegreyman for the post (total 6):
welshladTigerptangyangBidentThunder1Danbailey007kiter65
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

Bitten by the Grand Seiko bug. Nipped into WoS at lunch and had a good chat to the knowledgeable chap working on the GS section. Only took a photo of this one but the Silver Birch was also stunning. Now just need to choose which model and where to find the money...
20230123_142904.jpg
These users thanked the author sproughton for the post (total 6):
BidentKansas City Milkmanajax87Thunder1Greatpotfarmmichaelro1
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

These users thanked the author ItsAliveJim for the post (total 5):
rkovarsTigerptangyangBidentwelshladGreatpotfarm
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
PL1957
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by PL1957 »

monkeymax wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:47 pm
It'sAliveJim wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:20 pm Image
These have really come on my radar lately, particularly the blue sunburst one. I noticed you've had yours a while and posted it a few times. Is it a keeper
Don't know about @ It'sAliveJim but I've had mine for 6 years - I'm wearing it as I type this and it's probably my most worn watch TBH.

Phil
These users thanked the author PL1957 for the post:
monkeymax
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Bident »

I was inspired by Rich's (rkovars) post on his NTH/WatchGecko watch (other-brands/nth-watchgecko-collaborati ... ge#p931116) to build a Tudor Snowflake homage. But I couldn't find a case that looked the part as most available submariner style cases mimic the maxi-case of Rolex's current Submariner line. I was going to go ahead and use a new Namoki BlackBay 58 style case, despite no crown guards, but I had quality issues with it and ended up getting a refund. While researching, I stumbled upon a forum containing a mockup of a Pelagos with a blue dial and black bezel insert that really appealed to me:
5973c9c42c8a40ea7a2a3bb9ab973e72.jpg
I thought about how it might look with an all black bezel and a black crown, like the Vero Open Water watches which have black bezels and crowns along with different colored dials:
Open Water.jpg

But, there is no Pelagos case that I know of for building either. However, I thought a Seiko SKX style case with a three o'clock crown might do the trick, and have the added benefit of being compatible with my existing SKX style watch's bracelets and straps. So, I ordered the parts (almost all from Tokeilabs in Southern California, which fortuitously was running a sale earlier this month), and yesterday finished the Pelagos SKX:
IMG_3416.jpeg
IMG_3421.jpeg
IMG_3423.jpeg
IMG_3427.jpeg
IMG_0724.jpeg
These users thanked the author Bident for the post (total 8):
rkovarsBahnstormer_vRSKansas City MilkmanmissFajax87Thunder1Greatpotfarmasqwerth
Best regards,
John
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Bident wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:29 pm I was inspired by Rich's (rkovars) post on his NTH/WatchGecko watch (other-brands/nth-watchgecko-collaborati ... ge#p931116) to build a Tudor Snowflake homage. But I couldn't find a case that looked the part as most available submariner style cases mimic the maxi-case of Rolex's current Submariner line. I was going to go ahead and use a new Namoki BlackBay 58 style case, despite no crown guards, but I had quality issues with it and ended up getting a refund. While researching, I stumbled upon a forum containing a mockup of a Pelagos with a blue dial and black bezel insert that really appealed to me:

I thought about how it might look with an all black bezel and a black crown, like the Vero Open Water watches which have black bezels and crowns along with different colored dials:
Open Water.jpg
But, there is no Pelagos case that I know of for building either. However, I thought a Seiko SKX style case with a three o'clock crown might do the trick, and have the added benefit of being compatible with my existing SKX style watch's bracelets and straps. So, I ordered the parts (almost all from Tokeilabs in Southern California, which fortuitously was running a sale earlier this month), and yesterday finished the Pelagos SKX:
IMG_3416.jpeg
IMG_3421.jpeg
IMG_3423.jpeg
IMG_3427.jpeg
IMG_0724.jpeg
:clap: Well done! That looks great! :thumbup: As an aside, that mockup of the Pelagos reminds me of my own thoughts on subtle mods to watches. Nothing is stopping anyone from picking up a service bezel and making that mod. I have often thought about getting a Black Bay Steel and replacing the bezel with a service bezel from a Black Bay Heritage.
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post:
Bident
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

rkovars wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:49 pm
:clap: Well done! That looks great! :thumbup: As an aside, that mockup of the Pelagos reminds me of my own thoughts on subtle mods to watches. Nothing is stopping anyone from picking up a service bezel and making that mod. I have often thought about getting a Black Bay Steel and replacing the bezel with a service bezel from a Black Bay Heritage.
Thanks, Rich! It is amazing how many parts are now available to mod and build, up considerably from even just one year ago.

I remember you once said on a different thread that having fun is what this hobby is all about. That simple philosophy has guided my entire watch modding and building. Cheers! :cheers:
These users thanked the author Bident for the post (total 2):
rkovarsThunder1
Best regards,
John
Mabeco
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Mabeco »

A seizenn dirty dozen.

Quite impressed with this little watch
1FF23AC3-E6E5-4982-A0F8-ABB0AAC68D06.jpeg
These users thanked the author Mabeco for the post (total 2):
Thunder1Greatpotfarm
Christopher Ward C1 Moonglow, Junghans, Seiko, Vostok, Swatch, Reporter, Certina...
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

Bident wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:29 pm I was inspired by Rich's (rkovars) post on his NTH/WatchGecko watch (other-brands/nth-watchgecko-collaborati ... ge#p931116) to build a Tudor Snowflake homage. But I couldn't find a case that looked the part as most available submariner style cases mimic the maxi-case of Rolex's current Submariner line. I was going to go ahead and use a new Namoki BlackBay 58 style case, despite no crown guards, but I had quality issues with it and ended up getting a refund. While researching, I stumbled upon a forum containing a mockup of a Pelagos with a blue dial and black bezel insert that really appealed to me:

Open Water.jpg
IMG_3416.jpeg
IMG_3421.jpeg
IMG_3423.jpeg
IMG_3427.jpeg
IMG_0724.jpeg
Terrific job that you've done, there John..youre an inspiration to all of us.. :thumbup:
These users thanked the author Thunder1 for the post:
Bident
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

Thunder1 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:10 am Terrific job that you've done, there John..youre an inspiration to all of us.. :thumbup:
Thanks, Chuck!
Best regards,
John
Greatpotfarm
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by Greatpotfarm »

Another new creation.
Screenshot_20230123-192733.png
These users thanked the author Greatpotfarm for the post (total 4):
Thunder1Bahnstormer_vRSBidentasqwerth
Top of the minute to you all,
Dan
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

4F384ABE-53DC-4F3E-A9F9-9DAEFAA1A267.jpeg
These users thanked the author golfjunky for the post (total 4):
gannetsproughtonDanbailey007Chris375
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

These users thanked the author downer for the post (total 7):
golfjunkyPeteoThunder1welshladrkovarsChris375watchaholic
Richard
Danbailey007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Danbailey007 »

Thegreyman wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:25 pm Current favourite watch which I’ve worn the past 3 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do like these a lot, looked at one before going for my Omega AT but I'm tempted again to track one of these down!
Dan

Citizen Eco-Drive
Elliot Brown Tyneham
Multiple Fossil
CW C60 Bronze
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra
Omega Seamaster 300M No Time To Die
Omega x Swatch MoonSwatch - Moon & Venus & Mars