Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: Sale Live

Post by NationOfLaws »

Has wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:28 pm
TheBeatles wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:42 pm
jcnassoc wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:27 pm

Love the look. I was considering the green C65; went with the blue. Both I think are spectacular. Just need to order a small enough screwdriver to deal with the second screw on the bracelet (for sizing). Why did they ever do that? :(

Enjoy!
Just checked my new Trident 300 (see my previous post) only got single sided screws on links.
That’s great to hear… they learned fast.
Incredible
I think the story was that they wanted to do single screws on the Aquitaine but their bracelet manufacturer couldn’t machine to the right tolerances at the time. But then they had a breakthrough right after the Aquitaine launched that sorted the issue prior to the Trident launch.

At least that’s what I recall from the Trident launch discussion with the CW team.
These users thanked the author NationOfLaws for the post (total 2):
Hasrkovars
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

NationOfLaws wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:40 pm
I think the story was that they wanted to do single screws on the Aquitaine but their bracelet manufacturer couldn’t machine to the right tolerances at the time. But then they had a breakthrough right after the Aquitaine launched that sorted the issue prior to the Trident launch.

At least that’s what I recall from the Trident launch discussion with the CW team.
Thanks for the clarification, Jameson

If I’d asked you last week, I wouldn’t have been fretting waiting for my 300 to arrive wondering about the screws!!
These users thanked the author TheBeatles for the post:
Bahnstormer_vRS
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ Jameson's response is on the right track, Brian. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

NationOfLaws wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:40 pm

This is what I remember too. As well as a plan to eventually transition everything over to the single screw system.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Phil C

Post by Phil C »

I have been waiting to see what would come up on the sale event this year as previous years have been a great opportunity to get a great piece at a re aligned price. Disappointed this year as did not seem to last more than a week. Must had been due to shortages of returns. Roll on mid year sale event 😃
Moro
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Moro »

Hello. I've made an order for a Cranwell mk1 last Friday and it isn't dispatched yet. How long do you wait for and order to be dispatched? Are there others like me? This is a little bit frustrated to me, but I really want the watch so I'm waiting.
C65 Sandhurst series 1

„Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you.“
jcnassoc
Junior
Junior

Post by jcnassoc »

Hi all.

So at this point is it too late to hope for a clearance sale?
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

jcnassoc wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:06 pm Hi all.

So at this point is it too late to hope for a clearance sale?
The clearance sale is on. Check the CW website, only 7 watches at present.
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

Is it usual for a particular model to be discontinued after going through the sale and then landing in clearance?
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

watchaholic wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:48 pm Is it usual for a particular model to be discontinued after going through the sale and then landing in clearance?
The Orange Sapphire is now listed as Discontinued in the Archive. The C60s are all 38mm variants and being that the MKIV is around the corner I would say those are gone. Probably the Chrono too. I'm thinking that most if not all of the NN stuff is gone. All that is left is what you see. They are trying to clear it out before new models are released later this year.
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post:
watchaholic
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Gripper
Senior
Senior

Post by Gripper »

My Moonglow picked up in the recent sale, Nearly New but in umarked as new condition, with my Moonwatch!

IMG_20230120_161937229.jpg
These users thanked the author Gripper for the post (total 6):
missFasqwerthChris375ajax87welshladMiniMpi
Mark
So I went to buy a watch, and the man in the shop said "Analogue." I said "No, just a watch."
Moro
Senior
Senior

Post by Moro »

Moro wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:55 pm Hello. I've made an order for a Cranwell mk1 last Friday and it isn't dispatched yet. How long do you wait for and order to be dispatched? Are there others like me? This is a little bit frustrated to me, but I really want the watch so I'm waiting.
It seems I've left empty-handed. The Cranwell wasn't really available... :(
C65 Sandhurst series 1

„Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you.“
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

Well that sucks. Disapointing and frustrating at the same time. But I wouldn’t be surprised if one shows up somewhere. Try to be patient. Maybe a post in the WTB thread will turn up something. Good luck.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight