LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: A Flurry of New Members?

Post by Kip »

I took at a look at the forum stats. Over the approximate comparable periods from Nov 1, the C1 Bel Canto initial launch, through yesterday, new member registrations were up about 75% over the past 2 comparable periods
These users thanked the author Kip for the post (total 2):
jkbarnesViognier
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Wow! That’s quite the jump. I’d say it makes for nice anecdotal evidence of the impact of the release of the BC.
Drew
ItsLunchBOX
CW-watches: 1

Post by ItsLunchBOX »

A random google search for watches showed me a pic of the C65 Aquitaine and I fell in love. Since then, I have identified 2 or 3 other CW watches to add to my list (none are the bel canto).
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica
Grand Seiko
Senior
Senior

Post by Grand Seiko »

1. Yes, had never heard of CW prior to the BC release, and have never seen a CW in the flesh.

Have been very impressed with how CW works with customers (so far during the information request, general follow up and ordering phases).

This is a nice site, glad I found it.

I visit Watchuseek some as they do a great job covering my main brand (GS).
dbailey
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by dbailey »

I’m not a new member as such. Been a member for a few years but don’t post. I would really like to have more access to some one off/limited editions though so want to be more involved so I can see them when they come available.
D
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^ The ball, as they say, is in your court. :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

This thread got me thinking about Google Trends and searches. So I did a comparison between the search terms Christopher Ward watches and Christopher Ward Bel Canto. It is pretty interesting. The first take away is that the pandemic had a big effect. Searches of Christpher Ward watches were relatively flat (although steadily growing) until about May of 2020 and they have maintained periods of high search volume since then. The other is that the Bel Canto is definitely a contributor to the numbers in late 2022/2023.

I should also note that this is for the entire lifespan of the company from 2004 forward. I am not sure what the noise is in the Bel Canto graph especially early on. I just ignored that because I know the Bel Canto wasn't around then.

Looking at the right hand side of the graph, the first peak above 50 was May 2020. The second peak above 75 was Sept 2020. The Bel Canto peak on the right was Nov 2022. Looking back through time (going left) the next peak is April 2018. Then March 2010 and Nov 2009. You can gain some insight by comparing the Google Chart to the timeline in the Archives. For instance May 2010 is when CW moved the headquarters to Maidenhead.
Screenshot_20230112_101351.png
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post (total 5):
jkbarnesBahnstormer_vRSViognierwelshladKip
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
jcnassoc
Junior
Junior

Post by jcnassoc »

I had stumbled on CW perhaps a year or more ago in some random YouTubes, and quickly got attracted to the C63 Sealander. I think I ended up here in December 2022 based on Google search results looking for info on CW sales, as I wanted to take the plunge to commemorate a family milestone with the object of my desired.

Interestingly, I picked up a C63 and a C65, and the C65 has blown me away.... Funny how it works: When I ordered them I thought the C63 would be my true love and perhaps I'll keep the C65 once I see it. The Universe had a different plan for me, however! :)

All that said, the community here rocks!
These users thanked the author jcnassoc for the post (total 3):
jkbarneswelshladajax87
IDB123
Junior
Junior

Post by IDB123 »

Recently joined too. I’m in category 2. I “lurked” and for over a year. What tempted me to the brand was a JOMW review of the C60. I’m now a definite fan, although not of the Bel Canto, sorry.
These users thanked the author IDB123 for the post (total 2):
jkbarneswelshlad
C63 Sapphire GMT - not LE
C60 Trident Pro 600 mk3
Breitling Superocean A17360
Tudor BB 58 (blue)
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

rkovars wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:26 pm This thread got me thinking about Google Trends and searches. So I did a comparison between the search terms Christopher Ward watches and Christopher Ward Bel Canto. It is pretty interesting. The first take away is that the pandemic had a big effect. Searches of Christpher Ward watches were relatively flat (although steadily growing) until about May of 2020 and they have maintained periods of high search volume since then.
Interesting data, thanks. I believe CW ran their first ever TV ad starting in May 2020, featuring the recently released C60 Sapphire. That would likely account for some of the spike. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

ajax87 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:17 am
rkovars wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:26 pm This thread got me thinking about Google Trends and searches. So I did a comparison between the search terms Christopher Ward watches and Christopher Ward Bel Canto. It is pretty interesting. The first take away is that the pandemic had a big effect. Searches of Christpher Ward watches were relatively flat (although steadily growing) until about May of 2020 and they have maintained periods of high search volume since then.
Interesting data, thanks. I believe CW ran their first ever TV ad starting in May 2020, featuring the recently released C60 Sapphire. That would likely account for some of the spike. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
Yep. Matches up with the timeline in the archive.
On May 1, the first ever TV advertisement was released in the UK.
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post:
ajax87
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

rkovars wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:00 pm
Njmavs wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:38 pm Also a new member here as of maybe a week or so ago. I can't actually remember how I got here. Maybe through a YouTube video. I've come across CW numerous times in the last year or so, but never gave them much attention. Once I'd taken more time to look more closely they seemed like great ppace to start a watch journey.
I will say that reading about the sale in the forum was part of my decision to sign up, and even though I've been unsuccessful full (too slow) in the sale so far. It seems like a great community here.
Just like cwjc's comment above, I am also in search of a Pelagos 39. However I've actually found most ADs to be quite friendly. I'm on a handful of lists with a couple of them saying I should expect to be able to get one within 8-12 months which I don't think is too unreasonable.
Either way I'll be sticking around here and trying to get my first CW in the near future.
Keep an eye out in the Sales Corner on the forum too! Good deals can be found there on a regular basis.
If you're UK based, There's a Pelagos 39 on Gumtree at the moment, At pre price rise price.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
Wham66

Post by Wham66 »

I am new too. Cannot recall how I came across the brand but was a lurker and used the photos and reviews to decide what I wanted. Got myself a C60 Trident Pro 600 in the sale which I love. This is the first automatic watch I have owned and can see myself getting hooked.

10D43BA8-DC6F-4445-A432-B7D6CDCB143B.jpeg
These users thanked the author Wham66 for the post:
jkbarnes
Rd77cad
CW-watches: 3

Post by Rd77cad »

New member here from Toronto Canada... started researching various brands/models and came across this forum.. then youtube reviews (countless videos, but all mentioned very positive things about the brand and quality/value as you all know already) and then the January sale got me to pull the trigger on a C65 Cranwell Series 1. Just recd an email that it should be here before end of day, so pretty excited to see my first CW in person.

Thanks for all the great info on this forum - such a great community.
These users thanked the author Rd77cad for the post:
jkbarnes
----------------
Oris Big Crown Small Pointer Date
CW C65 Cranwell S1
CW C65 Dartmouth S1
CW C65 Chronograph
Y Cymro

Post by Y Cymro »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:10 pm For the newly joined members, two questions:
1. Did all the recent attention brought to CW bring you to the forum?
2. For the lurkers, how long did you lurk before coming out of the shadows?
Lurked for many years and almost bought on loads of occasions. Before the recent logo change despite liking various models I couldn’t get passed the name on the dial, and they used to be such large diameters too. Then the sizes started to follow market trends and become smaller which piqued my interest but I still couldn’t get past the dial name. Then the logo changed, and the 36mm sizes are perfect for me so this morning I had a 36mm C63 Sealander in the basket, good to go. But now I’ve found out that discounts are no longer offered and that’s put me off buying, because I’d factored that in and I do like a bargain.
Oh well, back to the marketplace (and what a huge marketplace it is!)