Are the remaining sale watches discontinued?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Are the remaining sale watches discontinued?

Post by J0EMI »

At first I thought that the watches remaining in the sale were the last of the wordmark at 9 watches they are trying to sell through, but since the C60 Sapphire Orange for example is no longer available at full price with a new swish only logo variant am I correct in thinking that this model, amongst others in the sale, are permanently discontinued and won't be coming back with the new logo?
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: Are the remaining sale watches discontinued?

Post by rkovars »

I think the answer is 'maybe'. The Archive still shows the Orange Dial Sapphire as active. Kip and CW are pretty timely about keeping the Archive up to date. So they could be clearing out the last few before the dial change. But it could equally be that the orange dial simply didn't sell as well as the blue and black and they are phasing it out.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Post by J0EMI »

rkovars wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:07 pm I think the answer is 'maybe'. The Archive still shows the Orange Dial Sapphire as active. Kip and CW are pretty timely about keeping the Archive up to date. So they could be clearing out the last few before the dial change. But it could equally be that the orange dial simply didn't sell as well as the blue and black and they are phasing it out.
I dilemma then, as on the one hand I could pick up the current reduced version at a great price, or miss out on that and hold out for the swish only version that I would prefer (that may never come :lol:)
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

J0EMI wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:15 pm
rkovars wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:07 pm I think the answer is 'maybe'. The Archive still shows the Orange Dial Sapphire as active. Kip and CW are pretty timely about keeping the Archive up to date. So they could be clearing out the last few before the dial change. But it could equally be that the orange dial simply didn't sell as well as the blue and black and they are phasing it out.
I dilemma then, as on the one hand I could pick up the current reduced version at a great price, or miss out on that and hold out for the swish only version that I would prefer (that may never come :lol:)
It might be worth sending CW customer service a note to ask. I doubt that there is only one of each model showing on the website so you have some time.
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post:
J0EMI
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

Tough decision. I’m one to consider that if it is already interesting, I’d probably buy the watch because as we have seen in sales past, some watches are not coming back. It is not a FOMO situation if the wish list position is already confirmed for me. If I’d buy it a full price, the sale is a bonus in my view. And I’m not likely going to spend heaps on a watch that will sit unworn; if it is affordable I do it. Within reason. ;)
These users thanked the author thomcat00 for the post:
tikkathree
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

I’d personally jump on the orange Sapphire were it not for other watches either in the accumulation or in the pipeline. I also need to back off my acquisitions. :)
These users thanked the author thomcat00 for the post:
tikkathree
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair