Sale Live

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
MichaelMD
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Re: Sale Live

Post by MichaelMD »

TheBeatles wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:33 pm Why is the Green/Green C65 Aquitaine still there?

I’m so tempted, every time I look it’s calling me!!
I can tell you it looks better on the wrist than it does in CW promo photos. For some reason their photos make the bezel look "fat" and wider than it actually is. It's really strange. But the proportions look spot on in-person. Case size, shape, thickness, and bracelet taper are all really well done.
stavic
Junior
Junior

Post by stavic »

Feel like its a routine to add new watches by end of the working day london time. waiting for another moonglow
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

TheBeatles wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:33 pm Why is the Green/Green C65 Aquitaine still there?

I’m so tempted, every time I look it’s calling me!!
Ironically I’ve just gone for 2 completely different ones.

Looks like I’ll be moving a couple on in next few weeks, C63 Sealander GMT and my C60 Pro 40mm Black/Blue.

The 2 I’ve just picked up are 42mm, my sweet spot.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

suicidal_orange wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:36 pm
ctafield wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:21 am Early morning tap at the door, but both of my orders just arrived!
I wouldn't mind being woken up for that :thumbup:

Two black GMT divers, different as they are - are you planning to keep both?
To finally answer this :lol: The aquatine lost about 30 seconds over the course of 3 hours, so that went straight back. I am now zero for two with working Aquatines. I was quite annoyed at that, so the C63 got sent back at the same time.

I dare say they might appear on the sale site again over the next few days, but I would definitely avoid the C65.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

As I’d changed payment methods for CW, it was good to get the old adrenaline rush as I hurried to enter my new credit card details.

Brought back great memories of sales of old, you can’t beat it :D

One still there, the other greyed out so I was certainly quick enough.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
MichaelMD
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MichaelMD »

ctafield wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:04 pm
ctafield wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:21 am Early morning tap at the door, but both of my orders just arrived!

To finally answer this :lol: The aquatine lost about 30 seconds over the course of 3 hours, so that went straight back. I am now zero for two with working Aquatines. I was quite annoyed at that, so the C63 got sent back at the same time.

I dare say they might appear on the sale site again over the next few days, but I would definitely avoid the C65.
So you opted for a return rather than a repair huh? On my Aquitaine the bezel alignment is off a small bit. the 12 sits between clicks if that makes sense. The crown is a little stiff too. So I guess I may have a repair in my future (or return if I go that route instead).
widge34
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes

Post by widge34 »

ctafield wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:04 pm

Wow thats not good. Do CW not check the movements before being sent out?
Gripper
Senior
Senior

Post by Gripper »

stavic wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:48 pm Feel like its a routine to add new watches by end of the working day london time. waiting for another moonglow
Moonglow just added!
Mark
So I went to buy a watch, and the man in the shop said "Analogue." I said "No, just a watch."
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

MichaelMD wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:16 pm So you opted for a return rather than a repair huh? On my Aquitaine the bezel alignment is off a small bit. the 12 sits between clicks if that makes sense. The crown is a little stiff too. So I guess I may have a repair in my future (or return if I go that route instead).
Honestly, I didn't want the hassle. If I buy something, and it has a stamp saying "QA" with someone's name, then I expect it to work properly. I don't really want the bother of returning it, then waiting however long for it to be repaired, and then eventually returned. Especially as its the second one I've had that's been faulty, my confidence is somewhat shot at this point.
These users thanked the author ctafield for the post:
rc51owner
Gripper
Senior
Senior

Post by Gripper »

Gripper wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:19 pm
stavic wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:48 pm Feel like its a routine to add new watches by end of the working day london time. waiting for another moonglow
Moonglow just added!
Well I'm sure I saw one come up with name logo, but can't see it now?
Mark
So I went to buy a watch, and the man in the shop said "Analogue." I said "No, just a watch."
widge34
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes

Post by widge34 »

ctafield wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:21 pm
MichaelMD wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:16 pm So you opted for a return rather than a repair huh? On my Aquitaine the bezel alignment is off a small bit. the 12 sits between clicks if that makes sense. The crown is a little stiff too. So I guess I may have a repair in my future (or return if I go that route instead).
Honestly, I didn't want the hassle. If I buy something, and it has a stamp saying "QA" with someone's name, then I expect it to work properly. I don't really want the bother of returning it, then waiting however long for it to be repaired, and then eventually returned. Especially as its the second one I've had that's been faulty, my confidence is somewhat shot at this point.
Agree. That's not good quality control.
Njmavs

Post by Njmavs »

I sit on my computer every day at work, checking the sale ever so often. I get ready to leave to go pick the kids up from nursery, and have one more check.
Drive 20 minutes to pick the kids up, and new items have been added and already sold :lol:
Just my luck!
These users thanked the author Njmavs for the post:
tikkathree
MichaelMD
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MichaelMD »

ctafield wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:21 pm
Totally agree with you. A watch that is being sold for the second time (most likely) should not be sent out with obvious problems. I noticed my bezel misallignment right away, no glasses needed. Why don't they see this before they put their "CW Quality Control" stamp on it. Love this watch but leaning towards a return at this point.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

Gripper wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:22 pm
Gripper wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:19 pm
Moonglow just added!
Well I'm sure I saw one come up with name logo, but can't see it now?
I can see it and not greyed out!!

stavic
Junior
Junior

Post by stavic »

Its weird. I can’t see it in pound but only see it in CAD. Try to purchase it and only came through with apple pay. Didn’t even have time to look at what model is it. They said order confirmed but haven’t seen it in my account yet. Just got the email and its the one with name logo instead of twin flags but only at 2082 cad