LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

What has been going on....

Post by Kip »

Many of you may have noticed that the Portal page and/or your unread posts listing had filled up with new topics from the Reference Gallery (RG) over the past week.

I thought I should explain why as I received several pm's that something was wrong.

As most of you are aware, the Reference Gallery is a place to put real world photos so we have a place for everyone to see how a CW watch model really looks. It is a very important and underrated feature of this forum.

Over the past week the Admin Team has been aligning the model topics in the Reference Gallery with watch models listed in the CWArchives (CWA) so that each model has a specific place to view real life photos. This will make it easier to view the real life photos from the CWA. Previously some models had been grouped together within the RG.

This has resulted in quite a few additions to the “Reference Gallery Photos needed” listing. We have discovered that we are missing many more models than we realized. Because of this we are again appealing to you to add some of your photos to the RG. It is not just old models that are missing, but many newer ones as well.

We all know that real world photos are better than the standard web shots that CW uses and that we use in the CWA. The real world photos will greatly assist those who are looking at CW watches now and in the future. Please help your fellow collectors and fans of horology.

The listing of models with one or zero photos is in 3 places. The Reference Gallery, Gallery and General Discussion. All we ask is that they are good quality photos and you include the code number per the Reference Gallery guidelines shown at the top of each listing.

Thank you to all who have contributed so far. It is greatly appreciated, but unfortunately, we need a lot more.

Please, if you own one of the models where photos are needed, take a few minutes to help us all. Of course, you are always welcome to add to models that are not on the list as well. The more we have the better.
These users thanked the author Kip for the post (total 3):
Clach77MiniMpiStif
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: What has been going on....

Post by suicidal_orange »

Are we allowed to repost pics found on the forum to these threads giving credit to the original poster? There are surely some pics of the FLEs in their respective sections, for example.
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

Oh well done the Admin Team! Seriously thanks to those involved for their time and commitment on behalf of us all. Please also say thanks to your families for your recent unavailability for family activities.
These users thanked the author tikkathree for the post (total 2):
suicidal_orangeKip
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Kip »

suicidal_orange wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:36 pm Are we allowed to repost pics found on the forum to these threads giving credit to the original poster? There are surely some pics of the FLEs in their respective sections, for example.
Yes you can, provided you do so like the first post here.

You may need to copy the photo and then attach in your post as attached photos will not copy over. You will also need to look up the proper code number. I can certainly help with codes.
These users thanked the author Kip for the post:
suicidal_orange
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Thanks to those making some recent additions.

Please keep them coming!!
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

:clap:

Thanks again to those that have contributed recently to the Reference Gallery. Every entry helps us make the list of needed photos a bit shorter.

Please keep them coming!
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

I know I've got all the C70 GP photos.......somewhere......
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

I keep forgetting to take a good pic of my red bezel, white dial 38mm C60 Trident Pro GMT 600 (Mk2). The reference page has no white faced pics yet. reference-gallery/c60-trident-gmt-600-mkii-t30184.html

And I've kept it away already for my Jan 2023 roster of watches. Ugh. I'll try to take a pic when I have the time.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen