C60 Graphite Edition £640 on bracelet!!!!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: C60 Graphite Edition £640 on bracelet!!!!

Post by nbg »

ajax87 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:25 pm The internet says DLC and IP are both types of PVD coatings? I can’t make sense of it all, other than the thickness and the specific process used will affect the durability. Everything I can find says DLC is superior to other types.

The listing for this watch is confusing, but ONLY the caseback is DLC. The case is not DLC, it’s PVD.
I agree Alex - DLC is a type of PVD coating.

And yes if it says DLC it will be a better more robust coating than something that is just described as PVD.

I would buy a watch with a DLC coating, I wouldn’t buy one that just said PVD.

Neil
These users thanked the author nbg for the post:
ajax87
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Chris375
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 15

Post by Chris375 »

Just a thought. Could it be that after the positive reviews in the “Watch media” regarding the Bel Canto has markedly increased popularity of the brand, thus contributing to the reason why this LE sold out so quickly?
Also, if I remember from Kip’s earlier post today about something coming, he suggested that it might be worth checking the Forum, emails and the CW website most days this week?

Could there be more surprises 🤔
These users thanked the author Chris375 for the post:
JAFO
10xCW, 3xBremont, 2xTag Heuer, 6xOmega, 1xHamilton, 1xSeiko
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

This deal of an LE was gone before I even saw the email. While a cool looking watch, it was not so much a “must have” for me, fortunately, or I’d be suffering FOMO over the next days to come. Congratulations to those who got one. Sorry for those who didn’t.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

I think:
1. the Bel Canto gave CW wider exposure and credibility to the watch community;
2. the fact that the price of the BC was so good (for that type of watch) and that it sold out so quickly meant there were so many more people - perhaps those who had lost out on the BC limited editions - keeping at eye on CW's website/mailers/social media posts hoping to get in on the next good value Limited Edition being released.

I tend to side with those posters who said this Graphite Edition was a good way to clear excess Abyss cases/bracelets. I seem to recall that the new version of the Trident - with possibly different cases - might be out later this year?

My view of the Graphite: it's nice, but ultimately it's just another 42mm dark Trident. I'm really not into these "stealth" type watches.
These users thanked the author asqwerth for the post:
golfjunky
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
dsb18
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by dsb18 »

Jcalder68 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:39 pm Ditto in the regret that it was not a 39/40mm version.
Disappointed not to have had an email and therefore missed out anyway.
Oh well, no matter :-)
C
I actually first saw it on twitter, then about an hour later I got the email and by then I had already ordered one, although I must admit seeing anything on Twitter first is just chance you were looking at your timeline when they first post.
David
Bremont MBIII, C65 Aquitaine, C63 Colchester, C63 Sealander (White and Green), Oris Diver, Omerga Seamaster 300
JeremyS
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 3

Post by JeremyS »

I also received an error message when attempting to buy, but received an order confirmation email from CW thereafter. Suppose I will just have to see if it ships, or needlessly ties-up funds for a few days.
Tonywalker
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 26

Post by Tonywalker »

Just recvd my despatch email.

I was worried that I my hve dragged my heals and would receieve a 'sorry, we've oversold'
:D
These users thanked the author Tonywalker for the post (total 2):
rc51ownerLeszek
CW watch count - enough to keep me very happy, but always room for more!
Tonywalker
Guru
Guru

Post by Tonywalker »

:D ETA tomorrow
These users thanked the author Tonywalker for the post:
rc51owner
Timishere
Expert
Expert

Post by Timishere »

Tonywalker wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:36 pm :D ETA tomorrow
Exciting, and glad the order went through. Waiting for my notification patiently (or better yet, a knock at the door from dpd, occasionally watches arrive before the notification!)
These users thanked the author Timishere for the post:
Tonywalker
Tonywalker
Guru
Guru

Post by Tonywalker »

I've got this pencilled in (pun intended) as a definite keeper, same as all my other CW's. Reading a lot on forums etc about people flipping CW's, by taking advantage of the 60 day returns window and seeing if they can flog on the bay for a profit ahesd of the return window.

A real shame that genuine horologyphiles are deprived of the opportunity to own, without paying an extra auction premium for the pleasure.

But that's the open market system I guess.

What are other people's opinions on this behaviour?
These users thanked the author Tonywalker for the post:
0uatiOW
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Looking at recent Bel Canto sales in the aftermarket, I wonder how much of a premium these will fetch?
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Tonywalker wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:05 pm I've got this pencilled in (pun intended) as a definite keeper, same as all my other CW's. Reading a lot on forums etc about people flipping CW's, by taking advantage of the 60 day returns window and seeing if they can flog on the bay for a profit ahesd of the return window.

A real shame that genuine horologyphiles are deprived of the opportunity to own, without paying an extra auction premium for the pleasure.

The only thing I could think is that CW might track serial numbers of flipped watches, and black-list serial flippers. They may not want to do that of course. It may seem like there is a lot of flipping, but it's probably a relatively small number of the sales. eg - Out of 250 graphites, would you think many more than say 5% (12) are being flipped. Same with the BCs, or even moonswatches.

We often see rejected purchases offered here at cost before returning to CW, but that's not the same thing at all, really.
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

Tonywalker wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:05 pm A real shame that genuine horologyphiles are deprived of the opportunity to own, without paying an extra auction premium for the pleasure.

This is discussed regularly, with arguments on both sides (do a search for “flipping” and “sales”). Best not to derail this topic, but I’m with you though others often state the “free country” defence, which is fair enough.
These users thanked the author 0uatiOW for the post:
Tonywalker
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
SellPhy
CW-watches: 7

Post by SellPhy »

Ah finally, my C60 Graphite has been shipped :D
These users thanked the author SellPhy for the post:
Tonywalker
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Looks like they're all being shipped today! Hopefully some shared impressions from tomorrow onwards.
These users thanked the author jtc for the post:
Tonywalker
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex