C60 Graphite Edition £640 on bracelet!!!!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Leszek
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Re: C60 Graphite Edition £640 on bracelet!!!!

Post by Leszek »

Robotaz wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:30 pm So, this watch comes out today and is already gone? What is going on with this brand? It’s become another Halios, which I ditched 2 years ago over the frustration. I really don’t understand this. It’s a like the company is just here for 200-300 tweekers sitting at their keyboards waiting. It just makes no sense and I don’t care what anyone says. Bad bad business model that drives away customers.
But the company is not gone and they still have a pretty solid offer. For some reason (I can't fathom this tbh) CW has issued a very limited model, at a ridiculously low price, and that is why this particular model is gone so soon. Maybe this is just a stunt to attract some hype and show others that come rain or come shine CW can afford to lose some money to court controversy and, consequently, raise visibility? I don't consider myself a tweeker; I got an email from CW, opened it, took a break from work to think for ten minutes and consult with my wife and she said: "Hell, yeah". I just hope I am not going to be informed soon that they have oversold and I am the unlucky one.
These users thanked the author Leszek for the post (total 2):
Viogniertikkathree
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

ajax87 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:25 pm The internet says DLC and IP are both types of PVD coatings? I can’t make sense of it all, other than the thickness and the specific process used will affect the durability. Everything I can find says DLC is superior to other types.

The listing for this watch is confusing, but ONLY the caseback is DLC. The case is not DLC, it’s PVD.
Yep. I was confused too. Had to look really close at the listing. The Lympstones I have seen seem to be holding up well too.
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post:
Tonywalker
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
chuckf1
Senior
Senior

Post by chuckf1 »

WTF!?! I put one in my shopping bag within 2 or 3 minutes after receiving my email. And then I repeatedly, and I mean repeatedly, tried to pay for the next 30 to 45 minutes. And I kept getting the "try again" error message and continued to hit the "buy" button, over and over again, with no success. Then I had to run some errands and upon my return found that the watch had sold out.

CW, please explain to me and others how an item already in a shopping bag, sold out, even after multiple times trying to pay for the watch kept getting the same error message over and over again.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

^^^
It won't help, but I've found the only reliable way to pay is with PayPal.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Selling out has saved me the decision of whether to buy it or not then.:D
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post:
tikkathree
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

Robotaz wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:30 pm So, this watch comes out today and is already gone? What is going on with this brand? It’s become another Halios, which I ditched 2 years ago over the frustration. I really don’t understand this. It’s a like the company is just here for 200-300 tweekers sitting at their keyboards waiting. It just makes no sense and I don’t care what anyone says. Bad bad business model that drives away customers.
And the UK economy is supposed to be in the worst recession since when exactly? :silent: :silent:
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
chuckf1
Senior
Senior

Post by chuckf1 »

JAFO wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:29 pm ^^^
I tried using PayPal but could not get beyond the try again error message. ](*,)
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

tikkathree wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:33 pm
And the UK economy is supposed to be in the worst recession since when exactly? :silent: :silent:
There will always be money found for a good deal, won't there. This watch for under £500 looked a good deal.
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Congrats to those that managed to secure a watch they really liked and commiserations to those that missed a watch they really liked!

Looked a good deal but its only a watch and there will be many others (and good deals) along, there always is.
These users thanked the author Soporsche for the post (total 2):
LeszekJAFO
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Timishere
Expert
Expert

Post by Timishere »

For those who missed out, it might be an idea to put a "would like to buy" post up. As these LEs are selling so fast it would seem a sensible strategy (albeit annoying for others) for one to get an order in immediately if potentially of interest and then decide if the watch was be to be kept. Therefore I would expect to see several offered up here instead of returning to CW.
These users thanked the author Timishere for the post:
JAFO
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

chuckf1 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:38 pm
JAFO wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:29 pm ^^^
I tried using PayPal but could not get beyond the try again error message. ](*,)
Maybe it had already sold out. You never know. This CW system doesn't work like a theatre seat basket, where you reserve tickets, and then get a certain time to check out. The CW checkout sells to the fastest to complete the check out, so you can easily be left with a watch in your basket after they are all sold.
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Viognier »

:popcorn: :popcorn: This quick Graphite LE sell out will be good practice for the upcoming January sale for our forum folks.....anticipate more "It sold so fast" posts
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Nick4rivers

Post by Nick4rivers »

Very cool to see so much enthusiasm for todays release. I'd probably have been on it if it was in a 40 mm. Excited to see what else is coming down the pipe from CW.
These users thanked the author Nick4rivers for the post:
Tonywalker
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I tend to give up on the sale. The only chance I have is the sales stuff that's not in high demand. :D
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post:
tikkathree
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Ditto in the regret that it was not a 39/40mm version.
Disappointed not to have had an email and therefore missed out anyway.
Oh well, no matter :-)
C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.