January 2023 Watch Sale?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jcnassoc
Junior
Junior

January 2023 Watch Sale?

Post by jcnassoc »

Hi all -

I'm new to CW (perhaps less-than-new, as don't have my first CW yet), and have had my eye on one of the C63 GMT offerings for some time. I've seen some posts that indicate there's typically a January Watch Sale, and that time--or the watches--fly away quickly. What is the best way to know / get advanced warning of when the sale will start? Hoping to see a good enough deal that I cannot resist.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
al
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Re: January 2023 Watch Sale?

Post by welshlad »

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

There is usually a sale in early January, normally selling off end-of-line watches (this won't include the C63 GMT) or nearly new watches at usually a 30% discount. It's feasible that there could be some nearly new C63 GMTs in that part of the sale.

There is often an email to those on the CW mailing list to give an advance "preview" of the sale, before all the good stuff goes. The forum will usually post a link too, once we know what it is. So, the best advice is to sign up to the mailing list (via the CW website) and keep checking the forum regularly.

Also, why not stop by the Member Introductions section of the forum and tell us a little more about yourself. :thumbup:
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Timishere
Expert
Expert

Post by Timishere »

jcnassoc wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:33 pm Hi all -

I'm new to CW (perhaps less-than-new, as don't have my first CW yet), and have had my eye on one of the C63 GMT offerings for some time. I've seen some posts that indicate there's typically a January Watch Sale, and that time--or the watches--fly away quickly. What is the best way to know / get advanced warning of when the sale will start? Hoping to see a good enough deal that I cannot resist.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
al
Also check out sales corner, you might happen to find a rather nice C63 GMT on there less than 6m old at 30% off being sold ...:-)
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

^^^ For Al's benefit/info, new members need to have made 5 successful posts before they are granted access to Sales Corner (and need to have made 50 posts before they can post in Sales Corner).
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Timishere
Expert
Expert

Post by Timishere »

Ah yes, i had forgotten that. Thanks for the clarification!
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

jcnassoc wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:33 pm Hi all -

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
al
Yes, they can go very quickly. Multiple buyers can have watches in their baskets, and it's first to checkout who wins. So set up your CW account, and add a payment method. I find PayPal is the easiest, as there are occasional glitches with credit cards etc. Also don't try to buy too many as there is an unknown upper limit to prevent flippers.

Some watches are relatively unloved, but many are in limited quantities, and are in immediate demand, so buy one at a time. You can still return a watch if you don't like it when it comes. I tend not to buy watches that I might return, as I don't like depriving others of the chance, and only buy them in that case if they seem to be taking a little while to sell. :D

Good luck!
jcnassoc
Junior
Junior

Post by jcnassoc »

Hi all, and thanks so much for all the valuable info. Great ideas all around and will follow-up on them today and keep my fingers crossed re: the January sale (and use the Sales Corner as my Plan B just in case).

Cheers!
al
huy
Junior
Junior

Post by huy »

Anyone happen to remember if the vouchers (125LOUPE27, 100LOUPE27) can be applied on nearly new items?
OllyW
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 8

Post by OllyW »

huy wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:18 pm Anyone happen to remember if the vouchers (125LOUPE27, 100LOUPE27) can be applied on nearly new items?
No, you can’t use the vouchers on sale items.
These users thanked the author OllyW for the post:
huy
huy
Junior
Junior

Post by huy »

Bummer. Appreciate the info!
chengyil

Post by chengyil »

New Christopher ward fan! Looking forward to such sales event too. Really like the GMT black sealander look
MikeN256

Post by MikeN256 »

I’m new to the brand as well and looking forward to getting my supercompressor a friend😂 hardest part is deciding what I want next though, I’m torn between several and it’s tough without being able to see them in person
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

MikeN256 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:13 am I’m new to the brand as well and looking forward to getting my supercompressor a friend😂 hardest part is deciding what I want next though, I’m torn between several and it’s tough without being able to see them in person
Don't forget you can schedule a virtual showroom visit. They have a pretty good setup for hosting the visits and they are very helpful with questions and views of the pieces.

Also check the Reference Gallery for real world pics of the models in question.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Yoobaldy
Junior
Junior

Post by Yoobaldy »

I couldn't hold off and wait for the January sale. I didn't think the voucher warning emails on the expiry tonight would get me.... But it did.

*sigh* now it's a wait until Feb 2023 until a C60 Pro 300 to arrive.

Maybe I'll have buyers regret when I see the Jan sale arrive but I'm not too fussed.

Merry Christmas everyone and merry Christmas to me 🎉🎄🎁🕒
These users thanked the author Yoobaldy for the post:
rc51owner
My wife thinks I have a watch problem. I'm a glass half-full guy, I think of it as a healthy interest in horology ;)

C60 Trident Pro 300
johnny_b2

Post by johnny_b2 »

Yes, I was asking, if the voucher will be released also for January, but received a decline.
I’m more than happy to know, that there will be a January sale.
Check out my Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/wristwatchwatch