Christopher Ward C65 trident gmt

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Moz
Senior
Senior

Christopher Ward C65 trident gmt

Post by Moz »

FA5709FC-4F97-403D-AC41-B59EB7BC595A.jpeg
Just bought this recently and absolutely love it.

Thinking of getting the Gmt Pepsi model what are peoples thoughts on it and how much should i be expecting to pay for one?
Thanks in advance.

Stewart
These users thanked the author Moz for the post (total 2):
StifJasperCat
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: Christopher Ward C65 trident gmt

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Whilst, as a rule, we don't discuss values or 'what should I pay' for a watch on the Forum there is nevertheless good solid information in the Resale and Pricing Information for each model in the CWArchive - C65 GMT.

As to the Pepsi bezel version of the C65 GMT? My preference is with the steel bezel version, of which I'm now on my second. :wink: :wink:

Guy

Sent from my XPERIA 5 III using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post (total 3):
rkovarsJasperCatThunder1
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
johncolescarr
Expert
Expert

Post by johncolescarr »

Hi Stewart,

Watch valuations are not discussed on this forum.

Instead there is the excellent resource “the archives”

https://cwarchive.knack.com/cwarchive#home/

I would also recommend using the search function on eBay. If you search the model you are looking for, select sold items/completed items, the sold values are shown.

Be careful though as eBay does not reveal the price of “offers”, and can either massively inflate or deflate the price depending o this list of set up
Dress C63 36mm
Dive C C63 36mm
Fly C63 36mm
Moz
Senior
Senior

Post by Moz »

Thank you for letting me know.
Apologies.
These users thanked the author Moz for the post (total 2):
Bahnstormer_vRSThunder1
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I have to say if you keep looking you may well see your watch in sales corner here, or possibly on eBay, and I doubt you will overpay for any CW watch, especially in terms of the pleasure it will give you. The hardest bit is not buying too many, I find. ;D

I pressed semi colon D instead of colon D, and got the little Grinch. :D
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post (total 2):
johncolescarrThunder1
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

I would say it is not out of the realm of possibility to see one or two pop up in the January sale as well. I wouldn't say the chances are great but it could happen. Keep your eyes peeled here for notice of when the sale goes live because stuff goes quick.

As to the watches themselves, I am partial to the steel as well. The LE Anthropocene is another good looking one.

The case is the same as your C65 Diver so it will wear the same. If you are happy with the fit on that you will like the fit on the GMT. Also the bracelet will fit both so if you see a GMT on strap for a deal go for it.

It is a caller GMT (mine has an ETA movement but I think some had Sellita) so if you are looking for a quick set hour hand you won't find it here.

They are great watches and surely strap monsters.

IMG_1677.jpg
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post (total 4):
Bahnstormer_vRSJasperCattikkathreeThunder1
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
johncolescarr
Expert
Expert

Post by johncolescarr »

Having owned one of these in the past, I can vouch for their fantastic wearability, it’s really a beaut.

I sold in a fit of confusion, letting my fear of someone mistaking it for a 1655…how silly. This thread is making me want one again
Dress C63 36mm
Dive C C63 36mm
Fly C63 36mm
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

JAFO wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:52 pm I have to say if you keep looking you may well see your watch in sales corner here, or possibly on eBay, and I doubt you will overpay for any CW watch, especially in terms of the pleasure it will give you. The hardest bit is not buying too many, I find. ;D

I pressed semi colon D instead of colon D, and got the little Grinch. :D
But who can say what "too many" is, actually? If you want it, if you need it, you gotta have it. Otherwise why buy watches at this price point? :lol: :lol:
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

tikkathree wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:33 pm
But who can say what "too many" is, actually? If you want it, if you need it, you gotta have it. Otherwise why buy watches at this price point? :lol: :lol:
Well, I have six at the moment, and I could easily have another 6, except I will end up having 60 watches, and only wearing them 5 days a year each if I am not careful.

What do you mean by "this price point"? What sort of price point do you ascribe to CW? :D
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

JAFO wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:05 pm
tikkathree wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:33 pm
Well, I have six at the moment, and I could easily have another 6, except I will end up having 60 watches, and only wearing them 5 days a year each if I am not careful.

What do you mean by "this price point"? What sort of price point do you ascribe to CW? :D
What "this price point" means to me is relative to the equivalent pre-owned Omega model but that's because Omega tends to be what I like. I could also rationalise CW pricing relative to Aliexpress Chinese watches which might be 1/3 the price of a CW but look at the CW quality step-up.

Six is a good place to be and I bet there are many here who aren't quite in the same CW multiplicity bracket that you are. :thumbup: :thumbup: Seven would give you a different watch every day of the week though.... :D
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

tikkathree wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:20 pm
What "this price point" means to me is relative to the equivalent pre-owned Omega model but that's because Omega tends to be what I like. I could also rationalise CW pricing relative to Aliexpress Chinese watches which might be 1/3 the price of a CW but look at the CW quality step-up.

Six is a good place to be and I bet there are many here who aren't quite in the same CW multiplicity bracket that you are. :thumbup: :thumbup: Seven would give you a different watch every day of the week though.... :D
Yes, I agree with that. CW is a comfortable price point for me, affordable, good quality, great value. It certainly seems to me that it's hard to beat CW in terms of Swiss made. There are a lot of brands I ignore just because they aren't Swiss made.

Seven might give me one a day in CW, but I've worn over 30 different watches this year, and I hardly ever consider my quartz watches now. I've only worn 2 quartz this year. I already have well over a month's worth of watches. It's hard to fight the temptation to buy more, as there are so many I would love to own. This year I received a couple of watches that were ordered in 2021, but other than that I have only bought 2 new watches his year, both CW's. :D
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post (total 2):
Thunder1tikkathree
bananapants
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 8

Post by bananapants »

I've been planning on adding the C65 GMT with pepsi bezel to my collection as well. That particular c65 line is my favorite, with the c65 GMT with black and blue dial currently in my collection, as well as the non-GMT blue dial with blue bezel, which has a handwound movement - I actually had that one a few years ago, sold it in favor of the blue dial auto, sold that one when I didn't love the hour markers, and went on the hunt to add the handwound one back to my collection a couple months ago and found one at a great price on ebay. I had the khaki green dial as well, and moved that along to a new home as I couldn't get along with that dial color. I tried to pickup the LE yellow dial that was listed here a few months ago but missed out. None of this answers your question, maybe just confirming you're going down the right path :)
These users thanked the author bananapants for the post:
Thunder1
Moz
Senior
Senior

Post by Moz »

I personally think the C65 is a great watch!
One thing i am not too keen on is the black date on the blue dail it is annoying me.
ralfybaby
Senior
Senior

Post by ralfybaby »

These are my favourite CWs. Too bad they don't make them anymore. I adore the Pepsi, always fancied it, took a shine to it when it came out but at the time was busy collecting watches from the former USSR so I tthought "I will get one next year" until it suddenly disappeared from the website last year. Fortunately I could snatch one on the sales forum. And then the "1655 homage." Which I honestly thinks looks nicer than the "real" 1655, and also looks nicer than the recent https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/the-t ... i-ref-1655"homage."
ralfybaby
Senior
Senior

Post by ralfybaby »

Well it looks like I can't edit the above, I thought I could link the website to "tudor" that I wrote there.
And forgot to show my own ....

img]https://www.pixelsbin.com/images/2022/03/24/20220318_202154cdbec5729b7fd3db.jpg[/img]