C60 pro 300 and 600 questions

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
chriswt
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

C60 pro 300 and 600 questions

Post by chriswt »

Guys,

After following CW for 11 years now I’m closer than ever to pulling to trigger on my first automatic CW.

I cannot tell you the amount of times I’ve had one sitting in a basket!!!!

Anyway I really really like the pro 300, for me it’s the first Trident I can honestly say is spot on (hence I’ve never bought before).

However, I need a 42mm (the rest look too dinky) but that only comes in blue.

The larger 600 has more colours but still retains the ugly logo and less attractive bezel (no inner stainless steel ring).

So I guess my questions are -

1. Are more colour options going to appear in 42mm size for the Pro 300?

2. Is the Pro 600 getting updated shortly?
These users thanked the author chriswt for the post:
Stif
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: C60 pro 300 and 600 questions

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

There’s a 42mm green one on the website.

According to the Archive, also in black and white, but might be out of stock.
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post:
tikkathree
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

There are also black and white options available. The black is currently on pre-order though.
These users thanked the author welshlad for the post:
sapsja
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

I found a black 300 on bracelet in stock. There is definitely something going on with the way that CWs filters on the website are working. The way I got to it was >Watches>Shop All> Filter by Large (42+). You should see it there.

If I Chose New Releases the white 42 shows up on bracelet as well.
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post:
magicman
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

rkovars wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:54 pm I found a black 300 on bracelet in stock. There is definitely something going on with the way that CWs filters on the website are working. The way I got to it was >Watches>Shop All> Filter by Large (42+). You should see it there.

If I Chose New Releases the white 42 shows up on bracelet as well.
Another example, of why this forum is a great place to visit.
Where else would you get such guidance?

Regards Steve
These users thanked the author magicman for the post (total 2):
jkbarnestikkathree
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
chriswt
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by chriswt »

Thank you guys, this is really appreciated, I agree that the website definitely doesn't work particularly well when looking for a model.

I think I'm going to visit the showroom for the full buying experience as i think that helps with the bonding process!!! weird I know!
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

I recently got a pro 300 myself and I can assure you you will be delighted. Apart from dial styles I can't think why anyone would choose the 600 over the 300!
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

stefs wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:38 am I recently got a pro 300 myself and I can assure you you will be delighted. Apart from dial styles I can't think why anyone would choose the 600 over the 300!
I can think of one which has put me off an otherwise great looking watch.

The bracelet taper to 16.5mm is just too much from 22mm.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
audio.bill
Guru
Guru

Post by audio.bill »

TheBeatles wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:02 pm
stefs wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:38 am I recently got a pro 300 myself and I can assure you you will be delighted. Apart from dial styles I can't think why anyone would choose the 600 over the 300!
I can think of one which has put me off an otherwise great looking watch.

The bracelet taper to 16.5mm is just too much from 22mm.
Having an 8.5" wrist I agree that the bracelet taper down to 16.5mm is too much, but I imagine on more average sized wrists could be very comfortable and look good. That's why I went with the highlight color matched hybrid straps on my white and black dial 300s. :D
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

on my one the lugs are only 20mm so the taper seems just so. I never gave the 22 to 16.5mm a thought but personally like a good taper anyway but take your point.
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

stefs wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:31 pm on my one the lugs are only 20mm so the taper seems just so. I never gave the 22 to 16.5mm a thought but personally like a good taper anyway but take your point.
It’s a great looking watch, Paul.

Green, Black or Blue dials. It’s a difficult choice as all look great. White not so much for me, with the legibility issues again.

As I’d go for the 42mm, that taper on bracelet kills it for me. Plus if I recall correctly, is this the one with the really long clasp too? I can’t tell from CW website.

I always buy on bracelet but this would be the first I’d consider on a strap so I can reduce the taper. £705 on hybrid with a potential extra £100 off with voucher, makes it an attractive proposition.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

It does have a longish clasp. I don't find it an issue but that combined with the taper may well mean the hybrid would be better suited for you and save a few quid as well.
One thing though...I would urge you not to discount the white on legibility alone. It was a concern for me as well but there is absolutely no issue. It catches the light really well and the hands and indices frequently look a darker gun metal colour.
20221103_082018.jpg
20221104_164404.jpg
20221126_195616.jpg
These users thanked the author stefs for the post (total 3):
tikkathreejkbarnesYoobaldy
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

I like the added heft of the 600. Although I haven't handled one of the 40s or 38s I have to wonder if the height to case ratio works best on the 42. For my wrist the 42 is spot on.

I always found the bracelet taper on the 41 and 42 mm models not aggressive enough. The bracelets seem a bit chunky. Not enough to put me off buying though!

The one aspect that turns me off from the standard 600 (I have the Ombré LE that has a matte ceramic bezel) is the glossy bezel. If I didn't own the LE I would probably be after the Elite.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

stefs wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:23 pm One thing though...I would urge you not to discount the white on legibility alone…
Those pics are gorgeous! Man, if the new FLE turns out to be based on a white dial C60 300 Pro, I might have a hard time resisting.
Drew
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:44 pm Those pics are gorgeous! Man, if the new FLE turns out to be based on a white dial C60 300 Pro, I might have a hard time resisting.

I’m thinking the 300 pro would be the perfect base watch for the FLE. Affordable enough so as many as want to can buy it and of course CW acknowledged and thanked the forum for their input into its design.
These users thanked the author iain for the post:
jkbarnes
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.