Anybody own a Pelagos 39?

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Anybody own a Pelagos 39?

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

I'm not usually a brand chaser but for some reason this watch speaks to me. Area AD is small and who knows when they will get 1 to see. Does anybody own 1? If so, how is the lume? I read reports the hands died out well before the markers and bezel. Also, how long is the clasp compared to a 40mm Trident 600 MK3 clasp?

I've been on the hunt for the black diver for my collection and like I said idk why this speaks to me so much.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Anybody own a Pelagos 39?

Post by jkbarnes »

You just missed one in the sales corner by a day!
Drew
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

jkbarnes wrote:You just missed one in the sales corner by a day!
I think if I do get 1 I'd go brand new. Might take a while to convince the COO anyway as I'm not far from purchasing a Zelos Mirage 2. I like to do my research early.

These users thanked the author Dynamite_Kid19 for the post:
jkbarnes
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Dynamite_Kid19 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:17 pm
I think if I do get 1 I'd go brand new. Might take a while to convince the COO anyway as I'm not far from purchasing a Zelos Mirage 2. I like to do my research early.

His was new unworn! If I remember something came up where the funds were needed elsewhere.

For me, I would pass on the 39 but I am lucky enough to posses a wrist where I can pull off the regular Pelagos. Same for the BB58. The regular Heritage models look better on me.
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post (total 2):
jkbarnesThunder1
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

Dynamite_Kid19 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:17 pm

I would get your name down on the waitlist, My local one had 60 people on it, with only 5 watches available since launch.

Regards Steve
These users thanked the author magicman for the post:
Thunder1
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
Didier.O
Senior
Senior

Post by Didier.O »

magicman wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:57 pm I would get your name down on the waitlist, My local one had 60 people on it, with only 5 watches available since launch.
Yeah, it's just insane. I'm on 4 lists in central London (pretty much the most one can get, since Watches of Switzerland owns Mappin & Webb for instance, and they only allow prospective clients to put their name down once across all their parent and parent-owned companies).

The person at the WoS store showed me the list briefly, there were about 70 people on it when I joined late October, and he had received less than 5 since launch. And we're talking about a big store in London. Now, it is entirely possible that these people have lists of their own, with long standing clients that get preferential treatment, I dont know.

Although at one of the stores I put my name in (David Duggan Watches), the person just wrote my details on a post-it, telling me he'd enter them in the system afterwards. For some reason I don't think I'll be getting any call from there. Especially after his first question to me was whether or not I had already purchased from them.

The BB58 faced crazy shortages when it came out, which apparently smoothed out 6 months in. I cant really believe that this time Tudor was caught by surprise, and even though there are supply chain issues globally I wouldnt be surprised if they chose to take their sweet time with this one. It's not like they are strangers to THE company that wrote the playbook.

I dont see myself getting any call before 12 months unfortunately...
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Noush »

You have to be in the game to be....in the game :)

My own experience with the (blue) BB58 was more-or-less New Year's Day and my AD was saying they hoped to get me one that year...
In the end I got the call in April, so much less. [the story is a bit more convoluted as some here will remember but that's the short version]
It may well be that Tudor is principally allocating to different markets around the globe in some sort of turn so a bunch come all at once.

I think the Pelagos 39 is a terrific piece. If it speaks to you then I'd recommend sticking with the queue and see how it plays out. It may well not be as long as it now seems.
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Rolex is the only watch able to do this. It's the Heineken of the watch world. :D

If they haven't got one, I think I'm happy to move on personally.
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

I can now say "Yes" I am an owner.

As its only just arrived, I can't comment on Lume, the Clasp is a great for size, though.
I'll update with more thoughts, as I wear it in.

Regards Steve
These users thanked the author magicman for the post:
Dynamite_Kid19
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

magicman wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:57 pm I can now say "Yes" I am an owner.
Pics or it didn’t happen... :wave:
Didier.O
Senior
Senior

Post by Didier.O »

Noush wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:55 am I think the Pelagos 39 is a terrific piece. If it speaks to you then I'd recommend sticking with the queue and see how it plays out. It may well not be as long as it now seems.
Oh yeah, definitely. The money is earmarked, ready to go. I just need to try it out, see how the titanium feels and whether the whole package feels as good as when I tried on the BB Pro (the other Tudor I have on my radar - although the thickness got me). I'll be patient.

To be honest, I'd have gone for a blue bezel BB58 if it werent for the lack of half links and T-Fit bracelet. I really like how the watch sits on my wrist, but I wear my watches snug above the bone and I've heard way too many stories of owners not being able to get a proper fit to pull the plug. The mediocre bracelets on my Grand Seikos have taught me a valuable lesson. I cant just settle for a 'put it on strap' compromise.
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

missF wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:02 pm
magicman wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:57 pm I can now say "Yes" I am an owner.
Pics or it didn’t happen... :wave:
20221125_151233~2.jpg
Regards Steve
These users thanked the author magicman for the post (total 3):
Noushajax87Dynamite_Kid19
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :D
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

magicman wrote:I can now say "Yes" I am an owner.

As its only just arrived, I can't comment on Lume, the Clasp is a great for size, though.
I'll update with more thoughts, as I wear it in.

Regards Steve
Congrats and please do let me know. Also does the bezel look ghosted in bright lights where it looks less black and more gray?

Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

Noush wrote:You have to be in the game to be....in the game :)

My own experience with the (blue) BB58 was more-or-less New Year's Day and my AD was saying they hoped to get me one that year...
In the end I got the call in April, so much less. [the story is a bit more convoluted as some here will remember but that's the short version]
It may well be that Tudor is principally allocating to different markets around the globe in some sort of turn so a bunch come all at once.

I think the Pelagos 39 is a terrific piece. If it speaks to you then I'd recommend sticking with the queue and see how it plays out. It may well not be as long as it now seems.
Honestly idk what it is about it. The size is perfect Yes but objectively I think the Light catcher case has more visual interest and would obviously save a ton of money.