C900 Single Pusher
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: That didn’t take long - Bel Canto

Post by nbg »

The seller said:
“I would absolutely love to keep this watch, but just purchased 2 other watches this week. Plus, I have a a couple more on the way, and my budget is zeroed out.”

What the seller meant to say:
“I lucked out landing one of these. A risk free purchase as if it turns out there is no immediate flippers premium to be had, I can just return it to CW for a refund.”

Neil
These users thanked the author nbg for the post (total 12):
rkovarsStifjkbarneswelshladBahnstormer_vRSJasperCatmikewastakenJasHJcalder68Viognier and 2 more users
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

nbg wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:25 pm The seller said:
“I would absolutely love to keep this watch, but just purchased 2 other watches this week. Plus, I have a a couple more on the way, and my budget is zeroed out.”

What the seller meant to say:
“I lucked out landing one of these. A risk free purchase as if it turns out there is no immediate flippers premium to be had, I can just return it to CW for a refund.”

Neil
I had exactly the same reading :lol: :lol:
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post:
Viognier
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

Absolutely no surprise.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: First C1 Bel Canto resold

Post by Richard D »

Kip wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:21 pm I have recorded the first C1 Bel Canto sold (that I have found) on the secondary market.

Sold on WatchuSeek today for $5800. :shock:

Surprised me that it is 001/300.
I think that the seller refers to the watch as 1 of 300. Hence, 1/300. I can’t see where it’s says it’s sold.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Richard D wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:04 am
Kip wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:21 pm I have recorded the first C1 Bel Canto sold (that I have found) on the secondary market.

I think that the seller refers to the watch as 1 of 300. Hence, 1/300. I can’t see where it’s says it’s sold.
You are correct Richard about not yet sold. I saw it this evening but had not verified. I have deleted my above post. I guess I was just surprised. I would have noticed that in the morning during my verification process.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Didier.O
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Didier.O »

"I would absolutely love to keep this watch, but just purchased 2 other watches this week. Plus, I have a a couple more on the way, and my budget is zeroed out."

What a load of horse s***. 60/60 that thing and get a refund. Hey, a buck is a buck I see. Almost makes you want to sign up for an account on that website to call his bulljive. Anyway, that's why I hope that CW goes the made to order way (sort of) instead of strict LE runs if it is to keep a clear higher end offering. The last thing I want is these watches to turn into Zelos watches.

Part of me still thinks that CW doesnt yet have the equity brand to suffer from this, but not being able to purchase a CW (and I dont mean on release day) would drive me away from the brand in a heart beat.
Tonywalker
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 26

Post by Tonywalker »

re comments from Didier.O - made to order rather than restrictive LE runs would definitely be beneficial to us CW nuts, in my opinion, but not sure CW would be able to support/resource the business model when they offer change their offerings as frequently as they do. Or at least their made to order offer would have to be time-limited at least.
CW watch count - enough to keep me very happy, but always room for more!
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by paw3001 »

Kip wrote:
Richard D wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:04 am

You are correct Richard about not yet sold. I saw it this evening but had not verified. I have deleted my above post. I guess I was just surprised. I would have noticed that in the morning during my verification process.
It is number 37 as if you zoom in his black edit isn’t quite thick enough and the numbers show through.
These users thanked the author paw3001 for the post (total 3):
thomcat00MiniMpiRichard D
Watches - Too many but not enough!
Didier.O
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Didier.O »

Tonywalker wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:47 pm re comments from Didier.O - made to order rather than restrictive LE runs would definitely be beneficial to us CW nuts, in my opinion, but not sure CW would be able to support/resource the business model when they offer change their offerings as frequently as they do. Or at least their made to order offer would have to be time-limited at least.
That's why I said it could perhaps be done only on the higher end references, if we are to believe that CW is going to continue the Bel Canto way with other (few and far between) pieces of similar calibre.

But indeed, I dont know much about the whole logistics of things, (re)sourcing considerations and how it fits the overall CW business and growth model. Might not be feasible.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

paw3001 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:11 pm It is number 37 as if you zoom in his black edit isn’t quite thick enough and the numbers show through.
You're right.

Helluva spot that.

scooter
These users thanked the author scooter for the post:
Richard D
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I think it's possibly more like the Rolex solution.
If you had to register a watch (transferrable) to get the 60/60 then you would be able to identify flippers and refuse to sell to them a second time.

I think manufacture to order is more difficult to achieve, personally. The Bel Canto's are relatively small batches anyway.
mikewastaken

Post by mikewastaken »

I wonder how much CW is interested in pursuing that to any degree.
These users thanked the author mikewastaken for the post:
tikkathree
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

JAFO wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:05 pm I think it's possibly more like the Rolex solution.
If you had to register a watch (transferrable) to get the 60/60 then you would be able to identify flippers and refuse to sell to them a second time.

I think manufacture to order is more difficult to achieve, personally. The Bel Canto's are relatively small batches anyway.
Not sure what you mean with the comment about Rolex?

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

mikewastaken wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:22 pm I wonder how much CW is interested in pursuing that to any degree.
If this watch realises it’s asking price I would think CW will be delighted. It can but help fuel orders for what comes next.
These users thanked the author Richard D for the post:
nbg
Richard