Problems with micro adjustment

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Re: Problems with micro adjustment

Post by MiniMpi »

Great to hear back that all went well and that you now can enjoy that beautiful Burgundy bezel Trident :clap: 8)
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

Wow fantastic job by CW. :clap:

Pleased that you can now enjoy your watch. :thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Great result.
Steve.
Clandeboye

Post by Clandeboye »

My C60 Trident Pro 300 arrived yesterday, with the bracelet micro adjustment stuck in the fully extended position. Lubrication with WD 40 and silicone spray did not free it up, nor would any manipulation of the release catch. My reading of the instructions leads me to understand that it should retract to the shortest position anyway, and that lifting the release latch is only necessary to extend it. I have contacted CW and fully expect them to rectify the problem, so I have no anxiety on this score - they have been quick to respond to other Inquiries from me, and have provided excellent replacement or repair service promptly to other customers.
However I do wonder if this component perhaps needs a redesign. It will get frequent use, and should be very reliable and not prone to jamming. There is no way to disassemble the thing that I can see, so that you could free it up yourself, and the lift latch is both a bit flimsy looking and awkward to lift with a fingernail. It may even be inaccessible without decent fingernails. I think there must be a better way of applying leverage to the release mechanism, and I would like to see whole thing re-engineered so it is more robust, ergonomic and trouble free! The rest of the bracelet is beautifully designed and very carefully manufactured - overall it is a handsome complement to the watch, but this is a tool as well as a dressy watch, and needs to be dead reliable.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

The adjustment system on the ill fated Tribus was much easier. There were two sets of buttons. One set to release the clasp, and the other to allow the extension to release. Tribus didn't have a quick release mechanism for the bracelet though. I find that's another potential nail breaker, and best used sparingly too, but I'd still much rather have it than not.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Clandeboye wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:29 pm My C60 Trident Pro 300 arrived yesterday, with the bracelet micro adjustment stuck in the fully extended position. Lubrication with WD 40 and silicone spray did not free it up, nor would any manipulation of the release catch. My reading of the instructions leads me to understand that it should retract to the shortest position anyway, and that lifting the release latch is only necessary to extend it. I have contacted CW and fully expect them to rectify the problem, so I have no anxiety on this score - they have been quick to respond to other Inquiries from me, and have provided excellent replacement or repair service promptly to other customers.
However I do wonder if this component perhaps needs a redesign. It will get frequent use, and should be very reliable and not prone to jamming. There is no way to disassemble the thing that I can see, so that you could free it up yourself, and the lift latch is both a bit flimsy looking and awkward to lift with a fingernail. It may even be inaccessible without decent fingernails. I think there must be a better way of applying leverage to the release mechanism, and I would like to see whole thing re-engineered so it is more robust, ergonomic and trouble free! The rest of the bracelet is beautifully designed and very carefully manufactured - overall it is a handsome complement to the watch, but this is a tool as well as a dressy watch, and needs to be dead reliable.
On the C60 Trident Pro 300, you have to engage the release catch to both shorten and lengthen the micro-adjustment. Previous bracelets only needed this to lengthen them.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "lifting the release catch". There is no lifting involved. It's a spring-loaded catch that you pull back to allow the micro-adjustment mechanism slide both ways (to shorten or lengthen). I'm wondering whether you are trying to operate it incorrectly rather than there being a fault. :-k
These users thanked the author welshlad for the post:
rkovars
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ Exactly my thoughts @Welshlad (you've beaten me to posting that).

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
NationOfLaws
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by NationOfLaws »

This thread has one documented case and one possible case of a micro adjustment malfunction. That hardly seems like it warrants a redesign of the mechanism. I have like six of these watches, all on bracelets, and the micro adjustments are a pleasure.