Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: C1 Bel Canto (Green)

Post by Peteo »

Andrew Morgan (of Watchfinder fame/infamy) just called the Bel Canto his Best Watch of 2022.

Love him or hate him, that’s a pretty big trophy for CW to put on its mantle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Peteo for the post (total 2):
thomcat00JasperCat
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Noush »

Well I'm an Andrew Morgan fan-boy, Pete. He's produced some wonderful videos on watches. By the by.

Actually I wonder whether CW is going to make all that much on Bel Canto. It's a lot of R&D for what is now 600 watches, there might be another colour way, who knows as yet, but just the same. Compare with (say) a Tudor MT5400 series movement which gets amortised over hundreds of thousands of watches.
As an attention-grabber for the brand however it's priceless, witness the Watchfinder video for that and there will be a LOT of views. CW aspires to be a lot more than a great value diver brand, reputation well-earned, and these special pieces like Concept and many others show the brand spreading its wings. Even if I don't get to acquire a Bel Canto, it's been a great time to be along for the ride.
These users thanked the author Noush for the post (total 2):
JasperCatthomcat00
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

And he describes CW as the Skoda of watch brands
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

suicidal_orange wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:02 pm It's interesting and a bit strange to me that blue and green, two of the most popular colours, were chosen for LEs. Does this suggest that there will never be a standard model, or just that it will be black or white? I also wonder what, if any, other colours will be released as LEs though I guess this would be a closely guarded secret so people don't want to cancel their blue one for another as yet unannounced colour.
It doesn't really mean there will never be another blue or green. They could easily change some details. I think some gold detailing would be effective, or maybe the platine could be given a fume treatment, for instance.
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Noush »

golfjunky wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:42 pm And he describes CW as the Skoda of watch brands
Nought wrong with that! My daughter has an Octavia vRS estate and it's an excellent car.
These users thanked the author Noush for the post (total 2):
Bahnstormer_vRSJasperCat
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
theemaadhatter
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 8

Post by theemaadhatter »

asqwerth wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:25 pm
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:38 pm
Thanks for posting this asquerth; that's Brian aka @theemaadhatter of this Forum, who's an Admin on the CWE Facebook Group as well.

Guy
I had no idea he was a forum member!
Indeed I am here, and I post occasionally, but most of my online social interaction is tied up on the CWE facebook group and with my channel. I made the first video to give context to chiming watches and the sonnerie au passage specifically, as someone said...oranges to oranges. A watch making ANY sound is an accomplishment. To do it with these materials, with this design, and at this price is unheard of (pun intended). I will have a second video on the Bel Canto alone in the near future.
These users thanked the author theemaadhatter for the post (total 7):
Bahnstormer_vRSNoush0uatiOWasqwerthChris375JasperCatStuart1
TMH (https://watchcomplications.com)
"it is maddening choosing your outfit based on the watch you want to wear..."
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

MileyCyrus wrote:
Dynamite_Kid19 wrote:
MileyCyrus wrote:Man I’d be kinda ****, the blue is nice, the green is nice too. In AUD these start at $5,000, personally I can’t fathom spending that much on something for an off the rack movement. Fair enough if it was going to be super limited but it doesn’t seem like that will be the case. You can get some amazing Tudors for that money. Each to their own though.

Off the rack movement than saying Tudor, who has given their "Manufacturer" out like is candy is better?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Considering the Tudor is using an in house COSC movement in the BB line and it has a power reserve twice as long.

Yes it is exponentially better, and if you think otherwise you are lying to yourself.

Apples and oranges. 1, Tudor does not use a manufacturer movement, it's a partnership with 2 other brands that they sell to other brands now thus making it less exclusive. You are comparing a regular 3 hand everyday movement vs. Something that is unheard of for the price. And COSC isn't anything special, it's something to charge you more for. A Miyota can be regulated to run at COSC limits.

These users thanked the author Dynamite_Kid19 for the post:
Stuart1
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

theemaadhatter wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:35 pm
Indeed I am here, and I post occasionally, but most of my online social interaction is tied up on the CWE facebook group and with my channel. I made the first video to give context to chiming watches and the sonnerie au passage specifically, as someone said...oranges to oranges. A watch making ANY sound is an accomplishment. To do it with these materials, with this design, and at this price is unheard of (pun intended). I will have a second video on the Bel Canto alone in the near future.
Hi, Brian. I don't follow watch channels but do sporadically watch some watch videos. I came across your video that provided an in-depth look at the SH21 some time ago. I was impressed that you were a proper watch geek who researched and went into detail on the inner workings of movements.
These users thanked the author asqwerth for the post:
JasperCat
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
MileyCyrus

C1 Bel Canto (Green)

Post by MileyCyrus »

sproughton wrote:
MileyCyrus wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:20 pm
Let’s not kid ourselves here, the reason no one does it is because it’s a useless complication.

Well if we're all being deliberately facetious, almost everything about every watch is a useless complication at this point in modern society.

COSC certified and a 70 hour power reserve is completely and utterly useless when you have a phone, after all.
Nope, date - very useful, chronograph - if you need to time anything, ever, dive bezel - ever cook anything? Hourly chime - sure if I’m blind.

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

We can bat opinionated remarks back and forth all day. I’ll just say (and this as a non-buyer) that if you don’t get the aesthetic you won’t appreciate the watch.

I love it. I’m not buying it, for reasons to do with how I’m funding other things…priorities. Otherwise I would have been emailing to reserve, as others did. For purely practical purposes I don’t need it…but then I don’t need most of my other watches either. It doesn’t usually stop me.

I’m writing as an aesthete, not as a practical technophile. It’s beautiful. And yes, I’m an opinionated aesthete.
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post:
WileyECoyote
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
MileyCyrus

Post by MileyCyrus »

Dynamite_Kid19 wrote:
MileyCyrus wrote:
Dynamite_Kid19 wrote:Off the rack movement than saying Tudor, who has given their "Manufacturer" out like is candy is better?

Considering the Tudor is using an in house COSC movement in the BB line and it has a power reserve twice as long.

Yes it is exponentially better, and if you think otherwise you are lying to yourself.

Apples and oranges. 1, Tudor does not use a manufacturer movement, it's a partnership with 2 other brands that they sell to other brands now thus making it less exclusive. You are comparing a regular 3 hand everyday movement vs. Something that is unheard of for the price. And COSC isn't anything special, it's something to charge you more for. A Miyota can be regulated to run at COSC limits.

Can’t tell if serious or not

CW legit make the MEISTERSINGER BELL HORA so your argument is a wash on there. And yes you are right, I’m comparing 2 different watches, both the same price, one has function and utility and a power reserve worthy of 2022. The other chimes are you.

Chris375
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 15

Post by Chris375 »

MileyCyrus wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:56 am
sproughton wrote:
MileyCyrus wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:20 pm
Let’s not kid ourselves here, the reason no one does it is because it’s a useless complication.

Well if we're all being deliberately facetious, almost everything about every watch is a useless complication at this point in modern society.

COSC certified and a 70 hour power reserve is completely and utterly useless when you have a phone, after all.
Nope, date - very useful, chronograph - if you need to time anything, ever, dive bezel - ever cook anything? Hourly chime - sure if I’m deaf.

You have sent this message from an iPhone so really you don’t even need a watch as that piece of technology beats everything you mention. If you use your watch to time your cooking, as you suggest, you would have to keep looking at your watch to see how long it had been cooking for. So instead, you could just use a countdown timer on your iPhone (other makes of phones are available) which has an alarm to let you know when the time is up 🤷‍♂️. Furthermore, if one happens to be deaf, one can set the iPhone to start flashing to alert one that the timer has reached zero. Also when you pick up your iPhone it immediately displays time, day and date so really a watch becomes obsolete.
As I said, other phones are available besides iPhones so no doubt you feel that an iPhone is better than all other phones at the same price and you would continue to repeat your preference to anyone/everyone who offered an alternative view.
So, like most others on this forum, just accept people have differing views to your own.
Finally, Malibu by Miley Cyrus is in my top ten songs of all time but I doubt many on this forum would agree with me but I wouldn’t keep on trying to justify my choice when others disagreed.
These users thanked the author Chris375 for the post (total 4):
Bahnstormer_vRSStuart1sproughtonthomcat00
10xCW, 3xBremont, 2xTag Heuer, 6xOmega, 1xHamilton, 1xSeiko
MileyCyrus

Post by MileyCyrus »

Chris375 wrote:
MileyCyrus wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:56 am
sproughton wrote: Well if we're all being deliberately facetious, almost everything about every watch is a useless complication at this point in modern society.

Nope, date - very useful, chronograph - if you need to time anything, ever, dive bezel - ever cook anything? Hourly chime - sure if I’m deaf.

You have sent this message from an iPhone so really you don’t even need a watch as that piece of technology beats everything you mention. If you use your watch to time your cooking, as you suggest, you would have to keep looking at your watch to see how long it had been cooking for. So instead, you could just use a countdown timer on your iPhone (other makes of phones are available) which has an alarm to let you know when the time is up Image. Furthermore, if one happens to be deaf, one can set the iPhone to start flashing to alert one that the timer has reached zero. Also when you pick up your iPhone it immediately displays time, day and date so really a watch becomes obsolete.
As I said, other phones are available besides iPhones so no doubt you feel that an iPhone is better than all other phones at the same price and you would continue to repeat your preference to anyone/everyone who offered an alternative view.
So, like most others on this forum, just accept people have differing views to your own.
Finally, Malibu by Miley Cyrus is in my top ten songs of all time but I doubt many on this forum would agree with me but I wouldn’t keep on trying to justify my choice when others disagreed.
Agree to disagree.

Malibu is a banger though.

These users thanked the author MileyCyrus for the post:
Chris375
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

Actually I wonder whether CW is going to make all that much on Bel Canto. It's a lot of R&D for what is now 600 watches, there might be another colour way, who knows as yet, but just the same. Compare with (say) a Tudor MT5400 series movement which gets amortised over hundreds of thousands of watches.
As an attention-grabber for the brand however it's priceless, witness the Watchfinder video for that and there will be a LOT of views. CW aspires to be a lot more than a great value diver brand, reputation well-earned, and these special pieces like Concept and many others show the brand spreading its wings.
When I saw the watch and the price, I thought pretty much the same - that it was limited because CW wouldn't make much (if any) profit on the watch. Great bit of advertising though, and a a statement piece as to what CW are capable of.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Peteo wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:14 pm Andrew Morgan (of Watchfinder fame/infamy) just called the Bel Canto his Best Watch of 2022.

Love him or hate him, that’s a pretty big trophy for CW to put on its mantle.

He says what I said on day one, it looks like an MB&F. I just couldn’t buy something that looks like the cheap version of the real thing.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.