These users thanked the author Didier.O for the post (total 2):
PeteoJasperCat
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: C1 Bel Canto Preview

Post by jkbarnes »

I struggle with this channel. Excellent imagery, but I can’t stand the guy’s the delivery - the cadence of his voice, his inflection, everything. And I find his style rather arrogant in tone.

I’m glad he loved the watch, but that love was tempered by a lot of condescension towards CW…At least in the small bit that I watched. I couldn’t make it through the whole video.
These users thanked the author jkbarnes for the post:
albionphoto
Drew
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I've just watched the Watchfinder review, and what a stellar review it is, simply lavishing praise on CW. Mike and the team, and the 300 buyers must be pleased. :D
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post (total 2):
JasperCatROF68
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Kirigoi wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:38 pm Sooo...
This arrived this morning.
Serial number less than 50 and UK address so best case for delivery. I ordered with bracelet and blue leather strap after the preview on Friday.
20221104_123640.jpg
I think the blue leather is an excellent choice, a little more subtle than the bracelet maybe. I wonder what CWs blue cordovan would look like. It's darker, but it's a gorgeous strap. Congratulations.
Didier.O
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Didier.O »

jkbarnes wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:46 pm I struggle with this channel. Excellent imagery, but I can’t stand the guy’s the delivery - the cadence of his voice, his inflection, everything. And I find his style rather arrogant in tone.

I’m glad he loved the watch, but that love was tempered by a lot of condescension towards CW…At least in the small bit that I watched. I couldn’t make it through the whole video.
Oh Im with you. Cant make it through the vast majority of their stuff. They also have short podcast-format conversations up on youtube, and it's not that different. I just made an exception because of the subject at hand in the video.
These users thanked the author Didier.O for the post:
jkbarnes
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

Some great macro photography of the watch and some truly gushing praise which appears utterly justified. After coming across the BC, I think the 'talking hands' will have signed up for a copy of Loupe magazine, as well as asking for discount codes in his comments section.

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
Kalli64
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 51

Post by Kalli64 »

EDIT: Also the Green BC is already sold out :-)

Is this a joke, or are they deliberately trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the 300 first-time BC buyers?

https://www.christopherward.com/special ... V0-VV.html
BC-Green.jpg
Thomas

My CW collection:
C1 - 7x / C5 - 1x / C63 - 3x / C60 - 21x / C65 - 8x / C7 - 5x / C8 - 2x / C9 - 2x / C90 - 2x
Didier.O
Senior
Senior

Post by Didier.O »

Kalli64 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:43 pm Is this a joke, or are they deliberately trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the 300 first-time BC buyers?

https://www.christopherward.com/special ... -Green.jpg
On the pinned comment from Watchfinder themselves in their Youtube review, they mention that the blue is sold out but a green is to be available for pre order. So not so much of a joke I think.
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

Kalli64 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:43 pm Is this a joke, or are they deliberately trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the 300 first-time BC buyers?
It's not a surprise that they were considering other colours (mentioned in a youtube interview that MF did) and I think Guy did say earlier in this thread that another BC series was coming in Spring 2023.

However, what is the surprise is how fast they moved to take pre-orders for the green series.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
Kalli64
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 51

Post by Kalli64 »

asqwerth wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:51 pm
It's not a surprise that they were considering other colours (mentioned in a youtube interview that MF did) and I think Guy did say earlier in this thread that another BC series was coming in Spring 2023.

However, what is the surprise is how fast they moved to take pre-orders for the green series.
Of course, there was talk of spring 2023, but not directly after the sale of the blue.

Never mind - it is what it is - and I'm still looking forward to the blue one
Thomas

My CW collection:
C1 - 7x / C5 - 1x / C63 - 3x / C60 - 21x / C65 - 8x / C7 - 5x / C8 - 2x / C9 - 2x / C90 - 2x
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

Regardless of how early the green's pre-order has started, the watches won't come until May/June and onwards, I believe.

I do wonder how many people are willing to pay so far in advance.

[EDIT] dang, spoke too soon! :shock:
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

asqwerth wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:16 pm Regardless of how early the green's pre-order has started, the watches won't come until May/June and onwards, I believe.

I do wonder how many people are willing to pay so far in advance.
Anyone correct me if I’m wrong as I might have missed something.

I always thought CW took payment on despatch unless it was via PayPal?

As I’m not interested in one of these I may have missed the small print about payment.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

asqwerth wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:16 pm I do wonder how many people are willing to pay so far in advance.

[EDIT] dang, spoke too soon! :shock:
Apparently 300 since it’s now sold out! :shock:
These users thanked the author jkbarnes for the post:
JAFO
Drew
Didier.O
Senior
Senior

Post by Didier.O »

asqwerth wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:16 pm I do wonder how many people are willing to pay so far in advance.
Im on a waitling list for 2 watches (Tudor and Anordain) that I wish I could have paid for in full in advance to get the whole thing to turn into a pre-order :)
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I think it's a trust thing. I'm not sure my money is safe with a Kickstarter. I have more confidence with CW, but even so I would rather pay a deposit, and the balance on supply. The Bel canto is just a bigger payment, but the principle is the same with any purchase.