Discuss Christopher Ward watches
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: C1 Bel Canto Preview

Post by rkovars »

rkovars wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:10 pm
NationOfLaws wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:38 pm Without getting into specifics that would break the agreement attendees made not to reveal details: what's the vibe? Is it cool? Not cool? Are people excited?

They moved my slot back to today so I couldn't make it and released my spot to someone else.
Not for me but I am glad they made it. Pretty bonkers for the price they are asking too. I expected it to be higher. Signing off until next week. :wave:
Quoting myself here but only to throw out that my feelings haven't changed. I think that the price is fair given the work that went into it. I was never the target buyer for this. I do feel that they leaned a little too far into the 'World changing grand watch world will stop everything in its tracks' pre-messaging.

As far as the looks, for me, looking like something out of MB&F does nothing for me. If I were in the market for something like this the looks of this watch wouldn't have me reaching for my wallet. Not to say that there is anything inherently wrong with it on its own but it is outside my personal wheel house.
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post (total 2):
JasperCatalbionphoto
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

My wallet and bank balance is safe....

I'm sure it is a lovely thing and great for the money, but I used to silence the hourly beeps on my early casio's so not sure how I'd get on with the chine every hour.

So not for me - mrs gannet can breathe a sigh of relief :oops:
These users thanked the author gannet for the post:
JasperCat
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Hearing them talk about the engineering that went into this watch in the preview really made me appreciate this watch even more.

Out of my price range, but I can’t wait to see some pics from forumites who snagged one :D
These users thanked the author ajax87 for the post (total 2):
JasperCatstrapline
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

nbg wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:23 pm
nathanclarinet wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:13 pm And i'm not even bothered that it makes noise! :)
I think that is where I am. :thumbup:

Yes the striking hour is cool, but there is no way I would have bought it with a standard dial and the clever bit going on behind the scene.

A slightly similar look to a couple of the somewhat more famous Legacy Machine models. :)

Neil
As if MB&F and Armin Strom got together one night... The CW is the result. Richard Rogers futurism done right.
These users thanked the author albionphoto for the post:
golfjunky
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

unforced_error wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:27 pm Decided to forgo a pre-sale to get the full specs during launch. A bit disappointed that the dial isn't grand feu enamel as previously suggested at Wind Up and that the bracelet is grade 2 titanium not grade 5 given it's a $400 upgrade. I think I'll hold off on ordering for now.
Grade 2 titanium is easier to machine for bracelets. It's the material used for their standard bracelets so I'm not surprised it features in the bracelet here too.
These users thanked the author albionphoto for the post (total 2):
JasperCatunforced_error
Mark
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

iain wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:34 pm As a technical achievement I’m quite impressed by this and the engineering behind it. As for a watch I’d actually buy and wear then it’s not for me. It is the CW hour chime version of the Meistersinger that was expected but with all the gubbins on show instead of hidden behind the dial. I’m sure owners will love it and it will be a talking point. The video on the website has a good tone to the chime as well.
CW developed the module for the Meistersinger Bell Hora. This is a development of that.
JasperCat
Mark
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

I think its lovely..... but as others have mentioned its a bit of an MB&F rip off. does it have to chime every hour or does it do it upon request? i think the price is amazing for what it is.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
unforced_error
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by unforced_error »

albionphoto wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:54 pm
unforced_error wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:27 pm Decided to forgo a pre-sale to get the full specs during launch. A bit disappointed that the dial isn't grand feu enamel as previously suggested at Wind Up and that the bracelet is grade 2 titanium not grade 5 given it's a $400 upgrade. I think I'll hold off on ordering for now.
Grade 2 titanium is easier to machine for bracelets. It's the material used for their standard bracelets so I'm not surprised it features in the bracelet here too.
Ah you're right, seems that Tudor is also grade 2. I guess I'm used to higher end brands using grade 5 but then again those bracelets are like $1k+ themselves.
C60 Trident Pro 600 COSC SH21 - Red Bezel LE
Bel Canto - Watches@ LE
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

golfjunky wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:58 pm I think its lovely..... but as others have mentioned its a bit of an MB&F rip off. does it have to chime every hour or does it do it upon request? i think the price is amazing for what it is.
Chime can be turned on and off using the button at 4 o'clock.
JasperCat
Mark
unforced_error
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by unforced_error »

golfjunky wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:58 pm I think its lovely..... but as others have mentioned its a bit of an MB&F rip off. does it have to chime every hour or does it do it upon request? i think the price is amazing for what it is.
It's chimes on the hour every hour if the mechanism is ON. The pusher is to turn the mechanism ON and OFF.
These users thanked the author unforced_error for the post:
golfjunky
C60 Trident Pro 600 COSC SH21 - Red Bezel LE
Bel Canto - Watches@ LE
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

unforced_error wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:04 pm
It's chimes on the hour every hour if the mechanism is ON. The pusher is to turn the mechanism ON and OFF.
The little "song bird" on the right side, indicates if it's on or off, by the position of it's red beak... love it :lol:
These users thanked the author JasperCat for the post (total 2):
Kalli64Bahnstormer_vRS
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
rc51owner
Senior
Senior

Post by rc51owner »

Not for me, but very impressive. Those that buy, enjoy!

Cheers,

M
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

Pre-orders already pushed back from 20 Nov to 20 Dec, so I guess the first batch is already sold :shock:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Kudos to CW for getting the dims right too.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

i think i really like it cos its a cheaper version of an MB&F and within reach...... but i also dislike it cos its a cheap version of an MB&F