C65 bronze

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

C65 bronze

Post by willttqs »

Looks great, but not sure how to order with just the bracelet?

The bracelet on its on at £500 seems expensive to me

https://www.christopherward.com/militar ... TX,2U1EV,1
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: C65 bronze

Post by JAFO »

Is it bronze underneath, or just steel? (I mean on the skin side, I don't mean is it bronze coated, if you will)

£500 is rather pricy isn't it?
Paul Drawmer
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by Paul Drawmer »

Bronze makes your skin go green, so the watch has a stainless back, which works perfectly.

I suspect the bracelet is expensive because it's a composite bronze with stainless inner. But That's a guess.
There's always time for one more.
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

Zelos do the bronze/stainless hybrid strap.

Theirs is $199 USD + 20% vat on import. So depending on exchange rates, less than half the price of the CW.

https://zeloswatches.com/products/bronz ... -sf40-only
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

If the crown on my C60 Mk2 leaves a dark mark, I do wonder what a bracelet would leave.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

willttqs wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:13 pm Looks great, but not sure how to order with just the bracelet?

The bracelet on its on at £500 seems expensive to me

https://www.christopherward.com/militar ... TX,2U1EV,1
I noticed that on the day of release. I would contact CW customer service and see if you can get the watch with the bracelet as an option.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

I do wonder what a bracelet would leave
Unless the wearer doesn't sweat at all, I would expect a green ring (or two) round the wrist. It does wash off fairly easily, but it's not attractive. I think the idea of a matching bronze bracelet sounds better than the reality, but others with £500 to spare may disagree.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by willttqs »

The Tudor version does not seem to leave a green mark, or not too much of one.
Wolfman53
Senior
Senior

Post by Wolfman53 »

I have been looking for a bronze watch - preferably a pilots watch, but a field watch at a push.
The C65 Bronze appeals to my taste. I guess the Hamilton Khaki Field Bronze is at a similar / slightly cheaper price point, but the dial looks a littel more busy than the CW.
Presumably, as these are pre-order, nobody can share photographs yet?
I wonder if they will issue a Green dial version at some point - I would find that difficult to resist!
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Wolfman53 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:13 am I have been looking for a bronze watch - preferably a pilots watch, but a field watch at a push.
The C65 Bronze appeals to my taste. I guess the Hamilton Khaki Field Bronze is at a similar / slightly cheaper price point, but the dial looks a littel more busy than the CW.
Presumably, as these are pre-order, nobody can share photographs yet?
I wonder if they will issue a Green dial version at some point - I would find that difficult to resist!
There's a green version of the c60 ombre chronometer bronze. Steel case back. I have one on at the moment, and I have a slight crown mark on my wrist. Very nice, but it does have the distressed dial treatment. I expect to wear a bronze watch with leather, sailcloth or natos, I wouldn't want to pay £500 for a bracelet, although I might be interested at a "normal" bracelet price.
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jimbo »

I have a bronze CW
I love the way it "ages" and goes black.....it went black in a few minutes when I wore it in a hot spring bath in Turkey last month... I thought i had damaged it, but even with a slight rub the bronze started to come through again.
I keep meaning to clean it, but something always comes up. I do get a little mark where the crown rubs against my wrist, but only since it got very dirty..... i really should clean it.
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
Yorkypud

Post by Yorkypud »

Is this a fad or is there an established history in using this material?
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

CW has been using bronze for some watch cases since 2017. It started with the launch of the C60 Trident Pro Bronze 43.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by willttqs »

Interesting oris are now selling their straps separately and their bronze one is similar to the cw but £400
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

£400 is a lot as well. :D

And the CW one is only 20mm. Surely we should get more bronze for £500. :D