Whats coming today?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: Whats coming today?

Post by nbg »

I think that the Cranwell is a big improvement. It’s now something that I would consider buying. :thumbup:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

My knee jerk reaction is that the Sandhurst and Dartmouth look off. They should have stuck with white lume on the blue. I think I am with Nation on this one. I'll keep looking for a Series 1.
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post (total 3):
Garethajax87jkbarnes
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
NationOfLaws
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by NationOfLaws »

rkovars wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:11 pm My knee jerk reaction is that the Sandhurst and Dartmouth look off. They should have stuck with white lume on the blue. I think I am with Nation on this one. I'll keep looking for a Series 1.
I’m really annoyed because I had a blue Dartmouth on order during the last sale and canceled it. Currently the only one on eBay that I see is $1k from Japan. May be a while.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

NationOfLaws wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:18 pm
rkovars wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:11 pm My knee jerk reaction is that the Sandhurst and Dartmouth look off. They should have stuck with white lume on the blue. I think I am with Nation on this one. I'll keep looking for a Series 1.
I’m really annoyed because I had a blue Dartmouth on order during the last sale and canceled it. Currently the only one on eBay that I see is $1k from Japan. May be a while.
I've seen that one too. The seller isn't very responsive either. I would consider it if I could find out if it was earlier or later with the screw down crown. Import duty on that amount wouldn't be too high. I see them more often in the forums and few pop up on Chrono24. Patience is part of the game. A few more CWs and we will have to start calling you Ferg II. :lol: :lol: :lol:
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post (total 2):
NationOfLawsjkbarnes
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

I have to agree, not really liking that Dartmouth as compared to the original.
These users thanked the author Thegreyman for the post:
jkbarnes
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

nbg wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:45 pm ^^^ Andrew you shouldn’t feel bad! :)

Look on the bright side - you are not far enough down the rabbit hole to identify it as an Omega. :)

That’s a good thing. I think. Well perhaps. Well maybe…

Neil
Well, I did say to myself, “it looks like it has an escape valve like an Omega.” :lol:
Drew
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

New Cranwell has old C5 aviator vibes!

I’m not a fan of the Dartmouth and Sandhurst though. The sandhurst looks way off with those hands and the swish only.

1F0AEDDB-7EBE-4DF8-AECC-D4F6D0E366AD.jpeg
These users thanked the author ajax87 for the post (total 4):
jkbarnesasqwerthBahnstormer_vRSJasperCat
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

An interesting thing with this release - there is an option for a bronze bracelet for the Sandhurst bronze. It isn't an option on the watch order page but it does show up in straps.

I agree the Cranwell looks the best out of these.
Jack London
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

rkovars wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:24 pm An interesting thing with this release - there is an option for a bronze bracelet for the Sandhurst bronze. It isn't an option on the watch order page but it does show up in straps.

That is interesting.

All the bronze watches have a steel case back. I assume the bracelet will simply be bronze. Green wrists ahead. :lol:
Trying not to buy any more watches...
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

I'm not sure I like the 'Bond Style' #TIDE on the Sandhurst either. I think canvas all the way on this one.

Jack London
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

C65 Dartmouth lumed dial and bezel look interesting though. Quite an evolution to have a glowing yet normal looking dial, well done.

Not sure about the new logo use on these models. Fits on the C60 300 as a modern look, not so much on classic or more vintage inspired models in my view.
These users thanked the author A1soknownas for the post:
jkbarnes
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

A1soknownas wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:55 pm C65 Dartmouth lumed dial and bezel look interesting though. Quite an evolution to have a glowing yet normal looking dial, well done.

Not sure about the new logo use on these models. Fits on the C60 300 as a modern look, not so much on classic or more vintage inspired models in my view.
Didn't even notice the lumed dial on the Dartmouth. Even more out of place in my opinion. I agree on the logo use here as well. The text fit the esthetic better.
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post:
jkbarnes
Jack London
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Clach77 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:33 pm
rkovars wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:24 pm An interesting thing with this release - there is an option for a bronze bracelet for the Sandhurst bronze. It isn't an option on the watch order page but it does show up in straps.

That is interesting.

All the bronze watches have a steel case back. I assume the bracelet will simply be bronze. Green wrists ahead. :lol:
The product page for the bracelet seems to show it is full solid bronze. And $625! Add that to the $1205 watch and you’re closing in on $2k :shock:
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

rkovars wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:02 pm Didn't even notice the lumed dial on the Dartmouth. Even more out of place in my opinion. I agree on the logo use here as well. The text fit the esthetic better.
Is that because to have a glowing dial would be at odds with a military style watch in the field so the enemy can just spot the person with the glowing wrist!

Ha, I quite agree in that context. Forgetting that mishap though, I reckon it could be a popular feature generally.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

A1soknownas wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:12 pm
rkovars wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:02 pm Didn't even notice the lumed dial on the Dartmouth. Even more out of place in my opinion. I agree on the logo use here as well. The text fit the esthetic better.
Is that because to have a glowing dial would be at odds with a military style watch in the field so the enemy can just spot the person with the glowing wrist!

Ha, I quite agree in that context. Forgetting that mishap though, I reckon it could be a popular feature generally.
Against the esthetic for sure. Throw it on the modern 300 all day long. A little odd that they chose this line for experimentation.
Jack London