Problem with my C63 - is this covered by 60/60?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Problem with my C63 - is this covered by 60/60?

Post by strapline »

^^ ^^
Words of WISdom. 😉

Des
These users thanked the author strapline for the post (total 2):
jkbarnesStif
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by mvlow »

CW has neglected to give any specific examples in their manual of how their watches will change your life, but I have found through extensive research there are several things you can do upon receiving your new CW watch that will immediately change your life.

1. Stare at the watch face lovingly while crossing a busy road. (you may have to repeat this process more than once to get the desired life change)
2. Show it off with pride to perfect strangers in any high crime area of major cities anywhere in the world.
3. Tell your wife you sold her favorite shoes on Ebay to pay for the watch.
4. Take a selfie of yourself wearing the watch in the middle of the Pamplona running of the bulls.

Any one of these activities while wearing your new CW watch will change your life. I can't believe CW had neglected to put some of these examples in their manual. Maybe other forum members can come up with some other great ideas of how your new CW watch can change your life :)
These users thanked the author mvlow for the post (total 3):
jkbarnesJAFOROF68
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
Stif
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Stif »

On the subject of letting your wife know Andrew - I was trying for a week to find a chance to drop into conversation that I'd ordered the Highlander (without a mention of price of course...) In the end I didn't manage to, but when it arrived I made a point of walking around carrying the box (I was picking her up, so had it in the car, then carried it in).

When she asked what it was I simply said "oh, just a watch I'd ordered to celebrate my graduation" and then opened it up and put it on.

Avoiding her long enough to have her forget to ask about the price was the hard part... ;)
These users thanked the author Stif for the post (total 2):
jkbarnesROF68
- Grant

"There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently, that which should not be done at all."

Developer of mobile watch app WristCheck - find out more at wristcheck.app
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Stif wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:51 pm On the subject of letting your wife know Andrew….
I’m just playing this up for dramatic effect. I’m not too legitimately worried. Cost is never a concern because we maintain separate finances, and she knows how responsible I am with money anyway.

Now what will put me in the doghouse is simply the act of dragging this out. :lol:
These users thanked the author jkbarnes for the post (total 2):
Stifthomcat00
Drew
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

^^^ Rip off the band-aid!

To your original post, please let us know how Mike France responds and intends to rectify this egregious error :lol:
These users thanked the author ajax87 for the post (total 2):
jkbarnesROF68
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

^^^
I think that at the very least Mike France needs to make good by changing your life. How he might do that should legally be up to you I guess :D
These users thanked the author missF for the post (total 3):
ajax87StifROF68
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

jkbarnes wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:08 am It was all tongue in cheek, gentlemen. Every time I look at the watch, a big smile comes across my face, full stop. Anything else said was just for laughs.
Andrew, clearly I read too much into your post. However, I still find it a fascinating post.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

I think you should discuss you writing a guest piece for the next episode of Loupe, when Mike France comes back to you, naturally. It should be centred around the point you broker in your OP: Call me crazy, but among watch enthusiasts isn’t it simply taken as a given that when one finally receives a watch one’s been longing for, it will materially change every aspect of your life?

A piece written about the transformative power of watch lust and acquisition: what is within its remit and what is, frankly, somewhat beyond reasonable expectation. I guess it could be a kind of 'emotional Downer's rules'. Beyond the steel and in to the heart of the matter, that kind of thing. Done well it could be funny...very funny indeed. :D

Des
These users thanked the author strapline for the post (total 2):
Stifjkbarnes
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Richard D wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:42 pm
jkbarnes wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:08 am It was all tongue in cheek, gentlemen. Every time I look at the watch, a big smile comes across my face, full stop. Anything else said was just for laughs.
Andrew, clearly I read too much into your post. However, I still find it a fascinating post.
That’s easy to do. Sarcasm and satire don’t always translate well on a forum. And as I noted in a latter comment, this post could easily go from satire to serious if it let my watch buying run away from me.
Drew
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

strapline wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:42 pm I think you should discuss you writing a guest piece for the next episode of Loupe, when Mike France comes back to you, naturally. It should be centred around the point you broker in your OP: Call me crazy, but among watch enthusiasts isn’t it simply taken as a given that when one finally receives a watch one’s been longing for, it will materially change every aspect of your life?

A piece written about the transformative power of watch lust and acquisition: what is within its remit and what is, frankly, somewhat beyond reasonable expectation. I guess it could be a kind of 'emotional Downer's rules'. Beyond the steel and in to the heart of the matter, that kind of thing. Done well it could be funny...very funny indeed. :D

Des

The Metaphysics of Watch Buying: I Tick, Therefore I Time by Andrew Stanley
Drew
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

^^^ You should notify us when your treatise is published.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

1. What you're suffering is a well-understood but little mentioned phenomenon. :lol: Your choices are threefold:

a. Man up! It's not all about you, it's about the watch. Ask yourself how the watch feels right now.
b. Give it time: just as you are dealing with a finely tuned engine capable of great things, so you need to allow more rotations of the hour hand before you might feel the force.
c. There's an element of guilt associated with keeping your new acquisition from the one who thinks you love her and keep no secrets. Go to 2. below.

2. Not telling "the wife"? Slippery slope territory. PM her email address to me and I'll send her a link to this thread.
These users thanked the author tikkathree for the post:
jkbarnes
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Fat-Sam »

The question you need to ask is: Did you get a dopamine hit when you bought it? That was its purpose and when you need that dopamine hit again- get some new straps for it (why do you think I have over 20 straps for my Reverso - including many I will never use😄)

The hunt, the clicking on ‘purchase’ after the foreplay generated by entering your address and going through the PayPal nonsense and finally the watching of reviews/unboxing videos whilst you wait for the arrival and check the tracking 5 times a day, that is what drives me. Once I get the watch I invariably sell it after a few months and simply start the process again.

The only solution I have found is to be gifted a watch or to engrave it so that it can’t be sold*… and then I really enjoy it as the option has been taken out of my hands. Everything I’ve said is obviously tongue in cheek but equally… is completely true (for me).

*my self imposed rule, is to not sell watches I have been given. Which is also why I have an unworn SevenFriday and a Raymond Weil quartz that I only wear about the house 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️
These users thanked the author Fat-Sam for the post (total 2):
jkbarnesJAFO
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.*gift
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
DIY Explorer
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Longines x HODINKEE *FS
Laco Aachen 42 *FS
Tribus MDS *FS
ROF68
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 9

Post by ROF68 »

I am laughing out loud. Well played. Very well played. Love it.
These users thanked the author ROF68 for the post (total 2):
jkbarnesStif
Tim
“It isn’t much good having anything exciting, if you can’t share it with somebody.” —Winnie the Pooh

Trident Pro 300 | C60 Atoll | C63 Sealander (x2) | C63 Highlander | C65 Sandhurst | C65 Trident Auto | C65 Trident GMT | C65 Anthropocene
PeaTines

Post by PeaTines »

jkbarnes wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:37 am Um…my life seems to be relatively unchanged from before I had this watch?! I expected this watch to be transformative, you know? Like everything would be rainbows and unicorns after acquiring the watch I’ve been longing for for a few months. But nothing. Don’t get get me wrong, I love the watch, absolutely no regrets, but I don’t really feel any different now.
I looked into this previously and 60/60 only covers other's perceptions of you. Internal feelings of self-worth are excluded in the small print. Rest assured, we all feel an increased level of admiration now you are a 3 x watch owner collector'. :thumbup:
These users thanked the author PeaTines for the post (total 3):
jkbarnesFat-SamROF68