Dial

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
camdenhells
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Dial

Post by camdenhells »

Sitting in the airport lounge looking down on my watch and I actually prefer the Christopher ward on my dial than the twin flags
I have a feeling Christopher ward will become a well know desirable watch company over the next ten years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: Dial

Post by magicman »

It all depends on the position for me, if its at 12 then I prefer the Name.

Regards Steve
These users thanked the author magicman for the post:
camdenhells
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
NationOfLaws
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by NationOfLaws »

At the risk of beating an already dead horse, the new logo has - according to Mike France - helped increase sales as much as 100% on some models. Some people prefer the wordmark but it appears many, many more are putting their money behind the twin flags.
These users thanked the author NationOfLaws for the post (total 2):
camdenhellsStif
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

I'd have been happy for "Christopher Ward" to continue being used if it was at 12. I think the TwinFlag is OK, at least on most of the watches released with it so far. I'd prefer it to be an applied item but understand the technical issues doing that, as has been discussed in another thread.
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

camdenhells wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:49 pm Sitting in the airport lounge looking down on my watch and I actually prefer the Christopher ward on my dial than the twin flags
I have a feeling Christopher ward will become a well know desirable watch company over the next ten years

Nope, not without a photo, we can't possibly see what you see,
These users thanked the author tikkathree for the post (total 2):
rkovarscamdenhells
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Didier.O
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Didier.O »

I've only had CW watches with the name at the 12, and I'll only have my 1st twin flag beginning of November, however the aforementioned idea of an applied twin flag (Im imagining the Grand Seiko logo) sounds really fine.
These users thanked the author Didier.O for the post:
Stif
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

camdenhells wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:49 pm Sitting in the airport lounge looking down on my watch and I actually prefer the Christopher ward on my dial than the twin flags

Sorry but I think your statement is slightly contradictory...you prefer the "old" dial with CW wordmark, yet you think CW will become a well known desirable brand over the next 10 years. Is that in spite of the dropping of the wordmark or because of it?
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
WileyECoyote
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 10

Post by WileyECoyote »

The twin flags logo versus the Christopher Ward word mark has already been discussed in depth. When it was announced that all of the Christopher Ward watch ranges would eventually transition to the twin flags on the dial & Christopher Ward on the back, initially I felt it was a merchandising mistake. Generally you do want the name of your company out where customers can see it. Obviously Mike & his team knew what they were doing if the sales for the twin flags models have increased like reported. It doesn't hurt to admit when you are wrong. I stand corrected. One thing that I did not think about but may have factored into their thinking was the impending release of smaller dial models ranging from 39 - 36. Having a simple twin flag logo versus a lengthier word mark makes a lot of sense with those smaller models as it just looks right.

Delmar
C60-Trident Atoll LE/Trident Pro 600
C65-AM GT LE/Super Compressor
C63 GMT Sealander/2023 Forum LE
C1 Russell Black Dial/C1 Morgan 3 Wheeler Chronometer/C8 Pilot Revival LE
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

camdenhells wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:49 pm I have a feeling Christopher ward will become a well know desirable watch company over the next ten years
Regardless of the branding on the dial, I also think Christopher Ward will become better known and respected over the next decade.

Leon
These users thanked the author Leon O for the post (total 2):
camdenhellsjkbarnes
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
camdenhells
Senior
Senior

Post by camdenhells »

Leon O wrote:
camdenhells wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:49 pm I have a feeling Christopher ward will become a well know desirable watch company over the next ten years
Regardless of the branding on the dial, I also think Christopher Ward will become better known and respected over the next decade.

Leon
Definitely, me too

camdenhells
Senior
Senior

Post by camdenhells »

Didier.O wrote:I've only had CW watches with the name at the 12, and I'll only have my 1st twin flag beginning of November, however the aforementioned idea of an applied twin flag (Im imagining the Grand Seiko logo) sounds really fine.
An applied twin flags logo would look better for sure , rolex have there “logo” and name on their dials , not sure if there’s enough space on a dial to have an applied logo plus Christopher ward on it
What i meant by my original post was i was proud of the fact i was wearing a Christopher ward watch and didn’t mind the name on the dial.

golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

camdenhells wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:49 pm

No chance
These users thanked the author golfjunky for the post:
Paul Drawmer
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

They have their followers for sure and appear to be doing increasingly good things, look at the Trident 300, not too much to complain about there. Will they trouble Rolex, Omega, Longines and the established big players...probably not yet. I see CW becoming increasingly popular going forward.

Des
These users thanked the author strapline for the post:
camdenhells
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^ Des I agree that they will become increasingly popular. I think that this will apply to both seasoned collectors and newbies.

I don’t like the use of the word “desirable” regarding watches, as to me it often conveys folk buying stuff, just because of a name, rather than having made an objective assessment about the watch.

Neil
These users thanked the author nbg for the post (total 2):
straplinejkbarnes
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
camdenhells
Senior
Senior

Post by camdenhells »

golfjunky wrote:
camdenhells wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:49 pm

No chance
Ten year is a long time