Early Thoughts on the C60 Trident 300 Pro

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
NationOfLaws
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: Early Thoughts on the C60 Trident 300 Pro

Post by NationOfLaws »

nbg wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:10 am Thanks for taking the time to do that. :thumbup:

When you have time, It would be good to see a couple of pics taken outside in sunlight.

I really like the construction of the bezel, with the steel inner rim.

Neil
Missed this the other day. If I can get a few minutes away from work today I'll grab some.
These users thanked the author NationOfLaws for the post (total 2):
BigHairyGobblernbg
NationOfLaws
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by NationOfLaws »

BigHairyGobbler wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:51 pm Wonderful watch and thanks for sharing. I'm curious what your thoughts are on the taper to 16.5mm at the clasp. I'm ready to buy a 42mm model but am concerned about the taper. Thanks again!
Honestly it's something I don't even notice. The bracelet feels as good or better than previous models, and it looks appropriate to me.
These users thanked the author NationOfLaws for the post:
BigHairyGobbler
NationOfLaws
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by NationOfLaws »

C9C28767-EEE8-4CBB-BA66-6234083F7C01.jpeg
8A433529-5337-4425-95A6-33F69C02377D.jpeg
Try to ignore the bezel being off by one minute.
These users thanked the author NationOfLaws for the post (total 4):
jkbarneslizzyfanBigHairyGobblerJack52
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^ Thanks. :thumbup:

Looks rather good. I am still trying to work out if it is the same green as the Jura Green Sealander LE. It looks slightly different.

Will get around to paying CW a visit over the next couple of months and check out all the new models.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
NationOfLaws
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by NationOfLaws »

Hard to say. I wonder if emailing Declan would possibly get us some side-by-sides of the colors in the various ranges. Aquitaine vs. Trident vs. Sealander
Henryj
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Henryj »

I’m looking forward to some wrist shots of the 40mm in black. I think the taper to 16 is a winner.
The gods may note every sparrow that falls, but they make no effort to catch them.
BigHairyGobbler
CW-watches: 0

Post by BigHairyGobbler »

After looking at a few pictures I am still concerned the taper to 16.5mm is just too much. Gonna pass on this one.
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

I've discovered the meaning of frustration. I received an email from DPD this morning telling me my watch had been delivered to my next door neighbours. Nothing unusual in that i agree but I'm 150 miles away on holiday and not due back home until Saturday afternoon. Ahhhgggg !!!!!!!!
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

lizzyfan wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:35 pm I've discovered the meaning of frustration. I received an email from DPD this morning telling me my watch had been delivered to my next door neighbours. Nothing unusual in that i agree but I'm 150 miles away on holiday and not due back home until Saturday afternoon. Ahhhgggg !!!!!!!!
Usually when people have courier stories to tell it’s because a watch has gone AWOL somewhere in the vicinity of a stationary WIS. I think we all need to note that for once the watch is stationary where it should be and the WIS is AWOL! :D
These users thanked the author missF for the post (total 2):
David. Slizzyfan
BigHairyGobbler
CW-watches: 0

Post by BigHairyGobbler »

lizzyfan wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:35 pm I've discovered the meaning of frustration. I received an email from DPD this morning telling me my watch had been delivered to my next door neighbours. Nothing unusual in that i agree but I'm 150 miles away on holiday and not due back home until Saturday afternoon. Ahhhgggg !!!!!!!!
How did you know it was received by your neighbor?
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

BigHairyGobbler wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:53 pm How did you know it was received by your neighbor?
I had an email from DPD saying they had delivered to my next door neighbour & included a photo of their house!!
Last edited by welshlad on Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tidying up quote reference.
These users thanked the author lizzyfan for the post:
BigHairyGobbler
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

^^^
And your neighbours will never deny they received it. :D
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post:
lizzyfan
audio.bill
Guru
Guru

Post by audio.bill »

In the US DHL emailed confirming delivery my C60 Trident Pro 300 but I looked outside my door and it wasn't there. When I checked DHL's online delivery confirmation they had a picture of my package sitting outside a door number matching mine but I could tell it wasn't my door. So I went on a scavenger hunt of neighboring buildings and found my package sitting outside another door at the wrong street address. Was lucky to get it without further hassle, at least I won the scavenger hunt! :clap:
elrikos
Junior
Junior

Post by elrikos »

That is really lucky! I live on a street with house names rather than numbers. I quite often get the "you were out" message by email when I've been at home all day. Always because the courier is so pressed for time they can't look for our house. Takes ages to get hold of anyone, but if you don't the cycle repeats.
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

audio.bill wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:52 pm In the US DHL emailed confirming delivery my C60 Trident Pro 300 but I looked outside my door and it wasn't there. When I checked DHL's online delivery confirmation they had a picture of my package sitting outside a door number matching mine but I could tell it wasn't my door. So I went on a scavenger hunt of neighboring buildings and found my package sitting outside another door at the wrong street address. Was lucky to get it without further hassle, at least I won the scavenger hunt! :clap:
I had this same problem with US DHL. I was particularly frustrated, because I had left instructions for opening the dog gate on the front porch - there was no gate or even a porch on the house to which it was delivered. Fortunately, from the delivery picture I recognized the house where it had been dropped off.
These users thanked the author Leon O for the post:
audio.bill
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi