CW Wish List

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Gu5

Re: CW Wish List

Post by Gu5 »

thomcat00 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:59 pm Thinking on this some more, I’d like to see a thinner SH21 watch. The Abyss SH21 is a watch I think I’d really like but it is too much watch for me: diameter and thickness are more than I want on my wrist. I’d be OK with the diameter if the height were reduced. I get on pretty well with my C8PR which is pretty wide but as a manually wound watch doesn’t have to accommodate the extras of a rotor. The C1 case is about the limit of what height I want with a watch. And I know proportions make all the difference in perception. I don’t need it to be world record holding thin. There is a reason, though, that I don’t choose to buy many divers and the height is a significant factor.
100% with you on this one. I wonder what it would take to gain enough traction on this topic.
camdenhells
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by camdenhells »

Alex r wrote:Black dial sealander 36 mm 20mm lug width
White applied markings blue lume
No date
3 -6-9 dial with triangle and swish at 12
2 lines of text at bottom half of dial to balance the dial
Christopher ward around the inside of the case (rehut but could be wrong )
Drilled lugs one or both sides

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk
100% count me in ImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

camdenhells wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:51 am
No date

So just another rip off Rolex then?
These users thanked the author golfjunky for the post:
jkbarnes
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

REHAUT = French word for flange. Basically comes from the verb to raise, since its function is to raise the crystal clear of the hands.

The talk about SH21: sizes of watches are pretty much constrained by the size of this movement, or rather this series of movements. It ain’t small and it ain’t slim. 40 mm is about minimum diameter. I think in terms of height they have produced hand wound models under 12 mm, but again I don’t think you can go much below that. If you start adding in complications, internal structures as in the Apex models, additional case strengthening for water resistance, especially in terms of adding a sapphire case back, that thickness is going to go up. Sod’s Law.
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post:
thomcat00
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
camdenhells
Senior
Senior

Post by camdenhells »

golfjunky wrote:
camdenhells wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:51 am
No date

So just another rip off Rolex then?
In a CW style though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

No.6 of Downers Rules
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Didier.O
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Didier.O »

For any style: 40mm or under (wearing true to size) with a minimum of 70h power reserve. Get rid of any date complication if needed.

Id really welcome an upgrade to the regular Sellita mvts.
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

At the risk of getting shot down in flames….
I’d like to see some models with quartz movements. No, I’m not talking 99p movements that might be won in a Christmas cracker, but how about some high-end, thermally compensated versions? I seem to recall that ETA do some as “off-the”shelf” offerings to third parties and I think it would reopen models to those who appreciate the resilience and grab-and-go versatility of quartz?
Just my 2p worth, keep well
C
These users thanked the author Jcalder68 for the post (total 2):
Roger32WatchMeGo
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Roger32

Post by Roger32 »

I would love to see CW produce some more quartz models, I loved my c7 rapide was a beauty of a watch. Would like to see a dive styled model with a quartz moment..
Jcalder68 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:37 pm At the risk of getting shot down in flames….
I’d like to see some models with quartz movements. No, I’m not talking 99p movements that might be won in a Christmas cracker, but how about some high-end, thermally compensated versions? I seem to recall that ETA do some as “off-the”shelf” offerings to third parties and I think it would reopen models to those who appreciate the resilience and grab-and-go versatility of quartz?
Just my 2p worth, keep well
C
These users thanked the author Roger32 for the post:
Jcalder68
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

Top of my wish list is please not another diver, at least not for a while.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Richard D wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:13 pm Top of my wish list is please not another diver, at least not for a while.
Yep I agree with this. I’m not in the market for a diver. Also, I’m not a fan of field watches and the Sandhurst/ Cranwells do nothing for me at all. Something in the C1 range please (especially if it resembles the Powerglow)
These users thanked the author Kansas City Milkman for the post (total 2):
JasperCatRichard D
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:52 pm
Richard D wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:13 pm Top of my wish list is please not another diver, at least not for a while.
Yep I agree with this. I’m not in the market for a diver. Also, I’m not a fan of field watches and the Sandhurst/ Cranwells do nothing for me at all. Something in the C1 range please (especially if it resembles the Powerglow)
Over the past few days I’ve been wearing my 5 Day, Jumping Hour and the SP. IMHO simply beautiful.
These users thanked the author Richard D for the post:
Kansas City Milkman
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Aresjab

Post by Aresjab »

I would love to see something in the new case depth rating (300m) that is COSC with an extended power reserve. I’d really like the 56 hour power reserve from the gmt movements in a normal watch.
C60 Bronze Ombré MK3

Jeff
Stever232
CW-watches: 2

Post by Stever232 »

Alrighty,

So I have a gen 2 onion hand 43mm 600 bronze, and it is my goodness my favorite watch. I use it for diving, every day wear, my last two deployments, everything. I would do horrible things if that green full bronze model that you have out had a blue option. The blue option is already made but it is in the smaller model! Just upsize it to the bigger normal size please please please so that I can get that tasty new lume and gorgeous dial. Green is a fad, blue and black dials are forever! All the best, love your watches <3

image.jpg
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Stever232 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:24 am Just upsize it to the bigger normal size please
I think they have recognised that “normal” is not set in stone, and depends very much upon the individual. Which is why they have the same watches in different sizes. You would like it in 42 mm, I assume?

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Do please visit the Member Introduction section and tell us about yourself.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)