LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: What would make CW Great?

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

golfjunky wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:47 pm
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:31 pm
golfjunky wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:28 pm I retract my above comment, it seems we back to the old ways FFS
How come? Please explain.

Guy
It’s ******* laughable.
What's laughable? I'm not a mind reader.

Please explain.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:49 pm
golfjunky wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:47 pm

Guy
It’s ******* laughable.
What's laughable? I'm not a mind reader.

Please explain.

Guy
As explained to you above, the 300 has been leaked early. If it’s not a leak (along with all the other times it’s happened) then it’s just unprofessional
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

golfjunky wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:52 pm
As explained to you above, the 300 has been leaked early. If it’s not a leak (along with all the other times it’s happened) then it’s just unprofessional
It has not been leaked and there has not been any form of IT hiccup.

In which case I guess you consider a 'Soft Launch' unprofessional.

Guy
These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post:
JasperCat
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

I don't understand what's causing all the heat. We were given a preview, the item has been listed for sale soon after. Yes, we weren't expecting it to be formally listed already, but so what? Most of the time a new release gets captured and leaked by person or persons unknown- this time they've gone ahead and released it under their own control. What's left to dispute?
These users thanked the author richtel for the post (total 3):
Bahnstormer_vRSwelshladJasperCat
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

I just don’t get publishing a date for release everytime for it to be ignored and then we always see it 24hrs previous
These users thanked the author golfjunky for the post:
jkbarnes
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
NationOfLaws
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by NationOfLaws »

Every time I've seen golfjunky worked up about something I've been so confused.
These users thanked the author NationOfLaws for the post (total 3):
golfjunkyA1soknownasJasperCat
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:56 pm
golfjunky wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:52 pm
It has not been leaked and there has not been any form of IT hiccup.

In which case I guess you consider a 'Soft Launch' unprofessional.

Guy
CW must think a Restricted audience is the whole world. I’ll stay with leak or IT cock-up
C75F3C64-E53C-404F-86E6-E7AB03CABEDB.png
NationOfLaws
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by NationOfLaws »

We can agree that making a product available before announcing that a product is available is in itself an audience-limiting maneuver, yes?
These users thanked the author NationOfLaws for the post:
JasperCat
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

golfjunky wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:21 pm CW must think a Restricted audience is the whole world. I’ll stay with leak or IT cock-up
Whether this meets that specific definition of a "soft launch" or not, this was definitely the plan all along. The Admin Team knew about it in advance. It was not a leak or IT cock-up. Whether you believe me is for you to decide, of course.
These users thanked the author welshlad for the post (total 3):
golfjunkyAmor Vincit OmniaBahnstormer_vRS
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:40 pm
golfjunky wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:28 pm I retract my above comment, it seems we back to the old ways FFS

Guy
I’m assuming it’s because the 300 Pro can currently be searched for and seen on CW’s webpage, despite it not having been officially launched yet.
It's more of a farrago than a embargo. I'm holding my counsel until tomorrow even so. I can wait.
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

golfjunky wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:00 pm I just don’t get publishing a date for release everytime for it to be ignored and then we always see it 24hrs previous
This “soft launch” method is quite common. I don’t understand the snarky upset? Many retailers run a soft open before a grand opening, and have done so for decades. Car manufacturers offer sneak peeks well in advance of order taking and the eventual model launch, true since my grandparents bought their first cars a century ago. Mont Blanc have done it with their pens for years. The car companies do it with more fanfare and glitz while retailers are typically quieter.

And what does getting upset about it do for you in the end?
These users thanked the author thomcat00 for the post:
JasperCat
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
NationOfLaws
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by NationOfLaws »

I do see getting frustrated when limited editions or sales go live prior to when they're supposed to, but in situations like these it makes zero difference.
These users thanked the author NationOfLaws for the post:
JasperCat
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I thought the reaction was that the Wednesday release created confusion. Those at the preview were asked to not discuss the 300 on the forum or elsewhere, until it was officially released on Thursday, but then found it appeared on the website on Wednesday. We then feel unsure about whether we should still refrain from discussion until Thursday, and whether any parts of the preview should remain confidential, possibly because maybe the Wednesday release had not been intended. That was my feeling, anyway.
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post (total 4):
golfjunkyalbionphotojkbarnesJasperCat
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

The preview thread opening post made it clear that nothing should be discussed until the watch was on the CW website. Thursday was not mentioned. I also made it clear yesterday that it was now fine to discuss it on the forum.
These users thanked the author welshlad for the post (total 3):
Bahnstormer_vRSRichard DJasperCat
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Gu5

Post by Gu5 »

CW is already great, here are some things that I like and I think could contribute to its success:

- Keep exploiting the light catcher case, you do not want to change it, it is stunning

- Make the same move of the Trident 300 with the C60 Abyss SH21 or the C60 Apex (the best looking CW timepiece so far IMO): reduce it to 38-39mm max and 12mm, dive and tool watch versions, skeletonized version too. If the engineering and cost of modifying the SH21 or building a similar smaller movement are not economical then use another movement.

- Make a "Daytona killer" using the light catcher. Same dimensions, the bezel is key, CW style/originality should go on the dial. It does not have to have a fancy movement, but something different than a Seagull (without doubling the price) would make it shine

- Add some finishing options, i.e. bead blasting, frosted.. at least for the case of dive and tool watches

- Improve the bezel mechanism to make it more satisfying and par with the quality of the other components

- Straps: quality and looks is alright, but they lack comfort. There should be thinner, more flexible and comfortable options

- Do not go fancy on boxes/packaging just to justify a price increase or look posh, in fact don't do posh

- Fix the newsletter and phony language, it is about the only cheap thing about CW.