The Non-Curmudgeons Corner

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
NationOfLaws
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: The Non-Curmudgeons Corner

Post by NationOfLaws »

Inching ever closer to completing my masters. Every week I create this spreadsheet from scratch (because I really like Excel, actually, and find it soothing) to track the progress I’ve made against the week’s lecture videos. Tonight I finished my last one.

Just four more weeks of program capstone and I’m outta here. Can’t wait until I get my post-tea nights back. Or is it dinner?
225034AD-DC00-4AB5-B247-1412FC03C706.png
These users thanked the author NationOfLaws for the post (total 4):
jkbarnesThermexmanSoporscheStif
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I had an ultrasound scan today at the local cottage hospital. Standard NHS screening for abdominal aortic aneurysm, offered to men coming up for 65. Not exactly pleasant, because they really push it into your tummy.

However, two good outcomes. My aorta is completely normal – bang on average, as the doctor said. Secondly, I’m not pregnant. Must try harder. :lol:
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post (total 7):
jkbarnesThegreymanThermexmanwelshladBahnstormer_vRSNationOfLawsStif
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

Can’t sleep tonight.
Still, in Wildwood NJ, USA, it turns out I don’t have insomnia at all - it’s only 8pm :thumbup: :lol:
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Virgin Media.

18 month contract coming to an end in August and my debits were going up from £53 to £66 pcm. Rang VM and negotiated the new price down to £50 pcm. New Contract with those terms received 5 minutes later.

Two hours later I get another email from VM stating that my new Contract from August will be £66 pcm. WTF!

Rang VM again and they offered me another contract for £44 pcm. Terms received a few moments later.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

This made me smile today. Guy snapped this tapestry recently and sent me the picture.

I quite fancy riding around in a chariot pulled by lions. I probably wouldn’t mind getting my Pilgrim kit on and being led by the hand by a naked lady, if only she wasn’t draped in snakes and her name wasn’t Blind Fortune! :lol:

7D337E2E-C582-462E-9635-E1595B6E2B79.jpeg
Photo by Bahnstormer_vRS
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post (total 5):
straplinewelshladBahnstormer_vRSSoporscheStif
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:09 pm This made me smile today. Guy snapped this tapestry recently and sent me the picture.

I quite fancy riding around in a chariot pulled by lions. I probably wouldn’t mind getting my Pilgrim kit on and being led by the hand by a naked lady, if only she wasn’t draped in snakes and her name wasn’t Blind Fortune! :lol:

7D337E2E-C582-462E-9635-E1595B6E2B79.jpeg

Photo by Bahnstormer_vRS
But the burning question is what watch you you wear for the occasion? 😁
These users thanked the author Soporsche for the post:
Amor Vincit Omnia
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

^^^^ going off the picture on the carpet, he doesn’t wear anything but a cheeky smile. I don’t think that’s an image any of us wanted to think about…..
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

No pressure at all when the principal and superintendent show up in my classroom on the first day of school. Be cool…be cool…
These users thanked the author jkbarnes for the post:
Stif
Drew
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

I was reminded this morning of what a lovely place I work at when a young deer bounced across the entrance road just a few yards in front of my (very slowly moving) car.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Big milestone moment at Back-to-School night tonight! I’ve got a student this year whose mom is a former student of mine!

☑️ Achievement unlocked 🔓
These users thanked the author jkbarnes for the post (total 5):
welshladwatchaholicStifRichard Dajax87
Drew
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

Every cloud has a silver lining, I’ve been stood down from jury service. That’s three days in a row and with the barristers on indefinitely strike as from the 5th September there’s now very little chance of me being called up. I do have to remain on standby, but at least I can spend more good times with my grandson.
These users thanked the author Richard D for the post:
jkbarnes
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Just a general appreciation and thanks to all the people who take the time to record and upload a "how to" video for a random thing - could be changing a valve in your toilet cistern, do a factory reset on an iPhone or anything really.

Over the years I've found a number of such videos a great help in doing jobs round the house/garden/car. Recently there was a warning light on my wife's Panda for a faulty bulb. Yes someone had posted a video on how to remove the tail light and replace the bulb on a Panda, for a few pounds the job was a good 'un.
These users thanked the author Thegreyman for the post (total 4):
jkbarnesstraplineRichard DThermexman
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

Thegreyman wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:40 pm Just a general appreciation and thanks to all the people who take the time to record and upload a "how to" video for a random thing - could be changing a valve in your toilet cistern, do a factory reset on an iPhone or anything really.
Yep...there's a lot to be said for these type of videos; they can save you a lot of time, money and embarrassment. I used a couple when it came to me masticing in a shower tray. Mastic is notoriously tricky stuff, you only get one shot. Every thing you do thereafter only serves to make an a@£e of things. Really pleased with the outcome.

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

Thegreyman wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:40 pm Over the years I've found a number of such videos a great help in doing jobs round the house/garden/car.
Absolutely, sometimes entertaining too.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

strapline wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:36 pm
Thegreyman wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:40 pm Just a general appreciation and thanks to all the people who take the time to record and upload a "how to" video for a random thing - could be changing a valve in your toilet cistern, do a factory reset on an iPhone or anything really.
Yep...there's a lot to be said for these type of videos; they can save you a lot of time, money and embarrassment. I used a couple when it came to me masticing in a shower tray. Mastic is notoriously tricky stuff, you only get one shot. Every thing you do thereafter only serves to make an a@£e of things. Really pleased with the outcome.

Des
Des, one of my limited range of DIY skills in mastic, I could have given you some advice, could have been the random guy recording the video in this case, giving back so to speak :lol:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way