Fastest Finger on the Button

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
NationOfLaws
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: Fastest Finger on the Button

Post by NationOfLaws »

ctafield wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:11 pm Black GMT Aquitaine just arrived - dead on arrival. Second hand just not moving at all despite all manner of winding.
That’s suboptimal
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

ajax87 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:13 pm My sale purchase just showed up. I think the gunmetal hands and indexes absolutely make this watch. This is my first #tide strap, and while it is very nice, I think it’s maybe a bit too long for my skinny wrists. It just fits on the last hole, and should be good if it doesn’t stretch at all.
Visually, that tide is a perfect compliment. Like you, I do find the tide a bit long, but the two adjustable keepers help to keep it manageable.
These users thanked the author jkbarnes for the post:
ajax87
Drew
Internaut
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Internaut »

ctafield wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:11 pm Black GMT Aquitaine just arrived - dead on arrival. Second hand just not moving at all despite all manner of winding.
60/60 applies. If you want this bargain they'll have to fix it.
Beat up vintage Swatch Irony, C5 Malvern (the original), Swiss Military Swiss Soldier Quartz, Seagull 1963, Swatch Blurang Automatic, Swatch Cafe de Flore, Sealander GMT, Trident Pro 600, Fitbit Charge 5. Festina 8810, Addiesdive AD2113 knock off.
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

Wow, sorry! You’ve even given it some gentle shakes? It’s well within warranty, either for repair or refund, but how disappointing to await a new watch for it to be DOA.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
GoesTo11
CW-watches: 1

Post by GoesTo11 »

BeardoCI wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:10 pm Genuinely by accident ordered a C60 Sapphire Orange.
Won't cancel it though!
I love this comment. You put a smile on my face every time another person quotes it. I envy your spirit!
These users thanked the author GoesTo11 for the post:
BeardoCI
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Bident »

So happy I managed to get this Nearly New C63 GMT:
IMG_1900.jpeg
These users thanked the author Bident for the post (total 7):
jkbarnesajax87InternautrkovarsOllyWMiniMpiThegreyman
Best regards,
John
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Sorry to hear that.
CW will sort it out though, potentially with a brand new watch.
rockchalk06
Senior
Senior

Post by rockchalk06 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:11 pm
suicidal_orange wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:05 pm Is there any difference other than the movement (Abyss GMT)? I can't see any, but not sure how they can try and sell both versions at the same price when one's just better.

Though I guess once the V2 has gone the buyer of the V1 wont know :lol:
There may be a difference on the bezel action; unidirectional - V1, bi-directional - V2 but don't quote me.

When they're gone (the V2 version) they're gone!

Guy
I've been reading and trying to find a difference between the two. I bought the V2 off that sale. Invoice that I received via email said V2. Packaging and receipt in the box doesn't say.
Screenshot_3.jpg
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

rockchalk06 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:35 pm
I've been reading and trying to find a difference between the two. I bought the V2 off that sale. Invoice that I received via email said V2. Packaging and receipt in the box doesn't say.
Screenshot_3.jpg
The primary, and easily verifiable difference, is the movement used.

The earlier V1 version has the SW330-1 movement with 42hrs Power Reserve and, when adjusting the GMT hand it can feel a tad 'clunky'.

The later V2 version has a newer SW330-2 movement (as used in the C60 Anthropocene GMT, C63 Sealander GMT & C65 Aquitaine GMT) which has a much smoother action when adjusting the GMT hand and, most beneficially, a 56hrs Power Reserve.

You may read a few more details in the Movement section of the CWArchive.

I hope this helps and pleased let us know how you get on in 56 hours time. :wink: :wink:

Guy
These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post (total 2):
rockchalk06MiniMpi
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
rockchalk06
Senior
Senior

Post by rockchalk06 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:59 pm
Screenshot_3.jpg

The earlier V1 version has the SW330-1 movement with 42hrs Power Reserve and, when adjusting the GMT hand it can feel a tad 'clunky'.

The later V2 version has a newer SW330-2 movement (as used in the C60 Anthropocene GMT, C63 Sealander GMT & C65 Aquitaine GMT) which has a much smoother action when adjusting the GMT hand and, most beneficially, a 56hrs Power Reserve.

I hope this helps and pleased let us know how you get on in 56 hours time. :wink: :wink:

Guy
Good looking out! I appreciate the info.
These users thanked the author rockchalk06 for the post:
Bahnstormer_vRS
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

rockchalk06 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:39 am
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:59 pm
Screenshot_3.jpg

Guy
Good looking out! I appreciate the info.
I might be wrong here but I seem to remember a quick way to tell is that V1 has a unidirectional bezel and V2 will have a bidirectional bezel.
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post:
rockchalk06
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

rkovars wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:07 pm I might be wrong here but I seem to remember a quick way to tell is that V1 has a unidirectional bezel and V2 will have a bidirectional bezel.
That's a recollection I have too; except I've not got the V1 to verify it (unidirectional).

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:10 pm
rkovars wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:07 pmI might be wrong here but I seem to remember a quick way to tell is that V1 has a unidirectional bezel and V2 will have a bidirectional bezel.
That's a recollection I have too; except I've not got the V1 to verify it (unidirectional).
The one detail that's missing on the archive, because when it was made there were no bidirectional bezels. I wonder if it could be added?
These users thanked the author suicidal_orange for the post:
Bahnstormer_vRS
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

suicidal_orange wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:31 pm
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:10 pm
rkovars wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:07 pmI might be wrong here but I seem to remember a quick way to tell is that V1 has a unidirectional bezel and V2 will have a bidirectional bezel.
The one detail that's missing on the archive, because when it was made there were no bidirectional bezels. I wonder if it could be added?
Technically, I think yes. I haven't taken apart a C60 but I did take apart my C65 and it would be pretty easy to make the change. I modified my C65 to be bidirectional (here is the thread where I modded it). This isn't ideal. You would really want a different click spring design and a different bezel ring too.

Whether CW would do it or not who knows. You can always ask. The worst thing that will happen is that they say no.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
NationOfLaws
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by NationOfLaws »

I read that as him wanting to add the bezel type to the archive as a field, not add the bezel to the watch