Discuss Christopher Ward watches
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

FYI: CWE LE Sealander

Post by thomcat00 »

Hi all,
Some of you have seen the Christopher Ward Enthusiasts group on Facebook have launched a Limited Edition Sealander. This is an information notice only. If you’re part of the CWE group, ordering has opened. I’m sharing here on the Forum as I am a member of both groups and wanted to raise awareness of the project here. All text below is from CWE. All registration is handled via CWE. Purchasing is through the brand directly. Questions should be directed to CWE.

—- CWE Announcement follows —-

>REGISTER NOW FOR THE CWE EXCLUSIVE SUNBURST SEALANDER<

Registration is now open for the limited-edition Christopher Ward red sunburst Sealander. Designed exclusively for CWE group members, it's a limited run that's only open for registration between 9pm 11 July and 9pm 25 July 2022.

To register, it's important to do the following:
• Comment below that you'd like one
• Email CWEfacebookgroup@gmail.com with your full name

When emailing, please let us know the serial number you'd prefer (50 or below), or whether you'd just like the earliest available. Using email to register will give a clear indication of who asked first, and it's required by Christopher Ward for production. Requested serial numbers will be allocated where possible, but please don't be disappointed if the one you want has gone, as FREE PERSONALISED ENGRAVING is included (see the renders from CW). To check what serial numbers are still available, please use the link to a spreadsheet at the end of this post.

>Prices<
• Bracelet version (with engraved clasp): £800
• Hybrid strap: £695
• Bracelet AND hybrid strap: £845
PayPal Finance will be an optional payment method.

>Order process<
To register your interest, it's important to email CWEfacebookgroup@gmail.com as these details will be forwarded to the Christopher Ward bespoke team on 26 July. From this point, Christopher Ward will send each person a link to a secure webpage to allow you to pre-order your watch, to choose bracelet and/or strap, and to enter your personalised engraving information. CW's pre-order page will remain active for two weeks.
ALL PAYMENT WILL BE HANDLED BY CHRISTOPHER WARD DIRECT. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS OF ANY KIND OUTSIDE OF CW'S OWN SITE.

>Delivery<
Watches will be delivered within 12 to 14 weeks of Christopher Ward's preorder system closing. Worldwide delivery is included.

>Number being made<
The plan is for 50 watches to be made, but as CW is making them to order, there's no cap, which means everyone in the group has the chance to buy one as long as they register interest BEFORE 9pm 25 July. After this time, no more orders will be taken, making it a true exclusive.

>How exclusive is it?<
Christopher Ward of course won't share its future plans for production models, but rumours so far have been around a smaller Sealander with pastel-coloured dials. When we asked Peter France (CW bespoke manager) whether it was likely we'd see a red sunburst Sealander officially from them any time soon, we were told "Not to my knowledge!"

>Serial number spreadsheet<
Please note that this is updated manually, so might be several hours out of date, depending on your timezone. Requested serial numbers are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Please don't be disappointed if yours has gone, as there's free personalised engraving on each watch. If you don't specify a preferred serial number in your email, or your choice is taken, the next available will be allocated. Once the first 50 serial numbers have been taken, they'll be allocated in order of emails received. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... fbclid#gid
These users thanked the author thomcat00 for the post (total 4):
OllyW0uatiOWJasperCatGoesTo11
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: FYI: CWE LE Sealander

Post by thomcat00 »

671C2BF3-A9F9-4EDE-AAAC-4DF6385F3826.jpeg
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by thomcat00 »

9E5DF49E-619C-426B-8EDE-5FBE292AFFD9.jpeg
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by thomcat00 »

08738443-4412-414C-8138-0093EECFEEAB.jpeg
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by thomcat00 »

BAF9BBEA-0CEB-4ABD-932C-19D713194659.jpeg
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by thomcat00 »

A24EDFD3-9C04-4A60-B7A3-25C0816043F6.jpeg
ScofieldReturns
Senior
Senior

Post by ScofieldReturns »

super tempting...not sure how much i'd actually wear a red watch. or if i should just wait and get the new red omega aqua terra
These users thanked the author ScofieldReturns for the post:
tikkathree
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Looks to be a nice tight process and sure to go ahead.

Congratulations and good luck.

As this is V3, could someone post a pic of V1 and V2?
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Internaut
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Internaut »

Is there a link to the CW Facebook page?
Beat up vintage Swatch Irony, C5 Malvern (the original), Swiss Military Swiss Soldier Quartz, Seagull 1963, Swatch Blurang Automatic, Swatch Cafe de Flore, Sealander GMT, Trident Pro 600, Fitbit Charge 5. Festina 8810, Addiesdive AD2113 knock off.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Internaut wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:44 am Is there a link to the CW Facebook page?
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post (total 2):
Internauttikkathree
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Internaut
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Internaut »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:45 am
Internaut wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:44 am Is there a link to the CW Facebook page?
Thanks. Admins approved me fairly quickly.
These users thanked the author Internaut for the post (total 2):
MiniMpiAmor Vincit Omnia
Beat up vintage Swatch Irony, C5 Malvern (the original), Swiss Military Swiss Soldier Quartz, Seagull 1963, Swatch Blurang Automatic, Swatch Cafe de Flore, Sealander GMT, Trident Pro 600, Fitbit Charge 5. Festina 8810, Addiesdive AD2113 knock off.
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

TheBeatles wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:38 am As this is V3, could someone post a pic of V1 and V2?
Not sure about V1, but here’s some photos of my V2 (C60 CWEC) :thumbup:

885A632C-E981-4B62-A276-D2E1F2A59E9F.jpeg
21FBDCEF-4027-4519-BEDB-D04321842501.jpeg
These users thanked the author JasperCat for the post (total 3):
tikkathreejkbarnesTonywalker
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
L55HEM
Junior
Junior

Post by L55HEM »

Love the look of this but don’t think I’d wear a red dial watch much either. Interesting though and good to see more custom watches coming out
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

L55HEM wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:35 pm Love the look of this but don’t think I’d wear a red dial watch much either. Interesting though and good to see more custom watches coming out
Agree with all of this. Some nice little touches with the box and engraved clasp and I think the TF looks good in white on that red dial.

I would have bought 1 of the C60 Trident CWEC though. I live in hope for a FLE.
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

L55HEM wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:35 pm Love the look of this but don’t think I’d wear a red dial watch much either. Interesting though and good to see more custom watches coming out
And when you look for red dials in the standard CW lineup over the years perhaps you aren't atypical. Off the top of my head there'd be a C60 Trident, the C7IRR, a black-eyed C4 Peregrine LE and erm..... I owned the C7IRR and somehow the dial colour was always disappointing under northern latitude sunlight conditions: was it the dial colour itself? Was it the AR on the crystal? I could never quite decide but it did seem to wash out quite easily.

Anyways I've gone through the thought process "I don't currently have a red dial - any make of watch - so should I?" and sadly decided that I probably wouldn't get a lot of wear from it. :thumbdown:
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands