July 2022 sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
GoesTo11
CW-watches: 1

July 2022 sale

Post by GoesTo11 »

To make this information easier to find for future forum visitors (and as a reminder for myself):

The July, 2022 sale items appeared to begin to appear at the CW website today, Tuesday July 5, around 1:30 p.m. GMT / 9:30 a.m. ET / 6:30 a.m. Pacific.

I received the announcement e-mail at 2:32 p.m. GMT. By then, folks were posting in the forum that they had purchased stuff. But I kept refreshing my searches and at 2:47 p.m. GMT I found a nearly new C1 Moonglow. Another one appeared after I bought mine, so it is wise to keep refreshing. I searched for "Moonglow" and "nearly" (i.e. "nearly new"). Apparently searching for "sale" brought up a much larger universe of choices.

Much more information about the July 2022 sale can be found in the thread entitled "Fastest Finger On The Button"

general-discussion/topic59242-15.html
These users thanked the author GoesTo11 for the post (total 4):
Stifthomcat00L55HEMjkbarnes
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: July 2022 sale

Post by jkbarnes »

Perhaps people can share photos on this thread when the purchase start showing up?
These users thanked the author jkbarnes for the post (total 2):
Stiftikkathree
Drew
CBMVic20
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by CBMVic20 »

I got the email and opened the site at 3.30pm at which point there were 112 watches (91 were automatic). 60 mins later there were fewer than 45 :shock:

At 6pm, there were about 20 left :silent:
These users thanked the author CBMVic20 for the post:
tikkathree
CW C9 SH21 | C60 Apex SH21 | C65 SH21
Ernst Benz Chronoscope DLC
Oris WilliamsF1 Day Date 2004
Phoibos Leviathan DLC
Seiko 5 Sports Orange "Baby" Monster
Tag Aquaracer | F1 Panda

Too many watches, not enough time :(
samlin3317

Post by samlin3317 »

GoesTo11 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:15 pm To make this information easier to find for future forum visitors (and as a reminder for myself):

The July, 2022 sale items appeared to begin to appear at the CW website today, Tuesday July 5, around 1:30 p.m. GMT / 9:30 a.m. ET / 6:30 a.m. Pacific.

I received the announcement e-mail at 2:32 p.m. GMT. By then, folks were posting in the forum that they had purchased stuff. But I kept refreshing my searches and at 2:47 p.m. GMT I found a nearly new C1 Moonglow. Another one appeared after I bought mine, so it is wise to keep refreshing. I searched for "Moonglow" and "nearly" (i.e. "nearly new"). Apparently searching for "sale" brought up a much larger universe of choices.

Much more information about the July 2022 sale can be found in the thread entitled "Fastest Finger On The Button"

general-discussion/topic59242-15.html
Got my C1 Moonglow today as well mate! Cheers :thumbup:
These users thanked the author samlin3317 for the post:
tikkathree
dsb18
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by dsb18 »

Managed to get a white C63 Sealander within 10 mins of getting the email, love the Sealander already have a green one which I will be putting up for sale when the white one comes, I think the white one will go with so many different straps.
These users thanked the author dsb18 for the post:
tikkathree
David
Bremont MBIII, C65 Aquitaine, C63 Colchester, C63 Sealander (White and Green), Oris Diver, Omerga Seamaster 300
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

dsb18 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:46 am Managed to get a white C63 Sealander within 10 mins of getting the email, love the Sealander already have a green one which I will be putting up for sale when the white one comes, I think the white one will go with so many different straps.
Enjoy, it is as they say a strap monster
These users thanked the author golfjunky for the post:
tikkathree
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Internaut
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Internaut »

Goodness, the Sealanders sold out quickly (especially the GMT). Anyway, after much dithering, I've just this minute pulled the trigger on a C60 Pro 600, 38mm. I've been after a dive style watch for some time, but watches suited to my skinny wrists (and tiny Trump hands) a few and far between. My choices were between this, the Oris Aquis Upcycle, or saving the pennies for one of the new Breitlings. A discount of over £200 won.
These users thanked the author Internaut for the post:
tikkathree
Beat up vintage Swatch Irony, C5 Malvern (the original), Swiss Military Swiss Soldier Quartz, Seagull 1963, Swatch Blurang Automatic, Swatch Cafe de Flore, Sealander GMT, Trident Pro 600, Fitbit Charge 5. Festina 8810, Addiesdive AD2113 knock off.
GoesTo11
CW-watches: 1

Post by GoesTo11 »

Again, just for my own benefit, when I return to this post in the future: I believe yesterday was the "preview" for members to hoover up most stuff, but then today new watches were added (apparently around 2 p.m. GMT / 9 a.m. Eastern?), including recent releases (Aquitane). Additional notes to myself for next time: a post on the Facebook group says that CW displays different watches depending on the currency you choose. And supposedly the pricing is more favorable if you don't choose USD -- remember to check this a few days beforehand in the future.
These users thanked the author GoesTo11 for the post:
tikkathree
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

GoesTo11 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:30 pm Again, just for my own benefit, when I return to this post in the future: I believe yesterday was the "preview" for members to hoover up most stuff, but then today new watches were added (apparently around 2 p.m. GMT / 9 a.m. Eastern?), including recent releases (Aquitane). Additional notes to myself for next time: a post on the Facebook group says that CW displays different watches depending on the currency you choose. And supposedly the pricing is more favorable if you don't choose USD -- remember to check this a few days beforehand in the future.
That would be the strong dollar. Right now would be a good time to buy in pounds as the dollar is doing well. Be careful that whatever method you use to pay doesn't eat up the savings with a currency conversion charge. Often if you are looking at something right around the $800 import line this method will get you below the line. Also note that the GBP price will change in the cart based on the shipping address when they remove VAT (20%).
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

rkovars wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:42 pm That would be the strong dollar. Right now would be a good time to buy in pounds as the dollar is doing well. Be careful that whatever method you use to pay doesn't eat up the savings with a currency conversion charge. Often if you are looking at something right around the $800 import line this method will get you below the line. Also note that the GBP price will change in the cart based on the shipping address when they remove VAT (20%).
We had a forum member (got banned, I think?) who used to work the conversion rates quite frequently with great success.
Drew
scampbell61
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by scampbell61 »

Curious, there are two C65 Aquitaine GMTs and a C65 Aquitaine on the sale site all afternoon at a nice discounted price for a new release. Why do you think they haven't sold???
Stewart
“Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.” ― Eric Hoffer

C65 -Dune, C63-Sealander GMT, C60 Atoll 300 “Shark White”, Twelve, and C65 Chronograph
TomaszW

Post by TomaszW »

scampbell61 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:16 pm Curious, there are two C65 Aquitaine GMTs and a C65 Aquitaine on the sale site all afternoon at a nice discounted price for a new release. Why do you think they haven't sold???
Assuming that you had the money for a watch, would you buy it? If not, the reason why you wouldn't do it is probably one of the reasons why other people are not willing to do it.

In my case, just mixed feelings about the design based on the pictures. Some people may think it looks like a toy due to the colours. Some people hate sunrays dials and I guess some dislike old radium lume used in some of those watches. Maybe some people think that those are review pieces.

The fact they put those watches on sale not so long after release is questionable to me which I mentioned in another thread.
TomaszW wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:48 pm
Illiera wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:35 pm Aquitaines just moved onto the sales page
I don't really know how it was during previous sales, but is it normal that they put a new design into sale? Seems weird to me. If it was up to me, unless they had a lot of returns, I would probably keep it off the sale until the next time to not make it seem like people don't like it or the regular price isn't the best deal.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

scampbell61 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:16 pm Curious, there are two C65 Aquitaine GMTs and a C65 Aquitaine on the sale site all afternoon at a nice discounted price for a new release. Why do you think they haven't sold???
There must be more than one available of each model, as there have been numerous reviews on the Aquitaine after all.

I've seen mention of several Aquitaine GMTs having been bought.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Cos it’s a flop
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Internaut
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Internaut »

golfjunky wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:15 am
Cos it’s a flop
All the Aquitaine watches in the sale so far have been in the Nearly New condition so have been returned under 60/60. There are lots of other (none Aquitaine) models also being sold in the nearly new condition, so I'm not sure if one can reasonably extrapolate that the Aquitaine is a flop.
Beat up vintage Swatch Irony, C5 Malvern (the original), Swiss Military Swiss Soldier Quartz, Seagull 1963, Swatch Blurang Automatic, Swatch Cafe de Flore, Sealander GMT, Trident Pro 600, Fitbit Charge 5. Festina 8810, Addiesdive AD2113 knock off.