Fastest Finger on the Button

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Fastest Finger on the Button

Post by jkbarnes »

what-time-is-it wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:51 pm Sure, but this was the July '20 Summer sale so we are not talking 10 years ago - I do accept however this was 2020 when everything was up in the air with covid. As for the quality of the watch, it's the same watch that's on sale today, just with the red bezel and it went back because it was faulty.
Fair point. That puts a slightly different spin on your initial comment and my response.
Drew
Jkpa
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jkpa »

I changed my IG handle to chris_ward_collector.

I might as well lean into it ;)
samlin3317

Post by samlin3317 »

In the past sales, have we seen sales on the leather straps? Just curious.

Thank you!
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

samlin3317 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:28 pm In the past sales, have we seen sales on the leather straps? Just curious.

Thank you!
do you mean watches on leather straps, or separate leather straps. If the latter, then I think straps that are being discontinued are likely to come up. I think a lot of us can remember that sort of offer.

Also after the sale, we have had before a general 15% across the board sale, which would help with, say, regular leather straps. No guarantee of that, of course.
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

samlin3317 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:28 pm In the past sales, have we seen sales on the leather straps? Just curious.

Thank you!
There was a big strap only sale last year February. Straps do pop up here and there in this sale.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
AndroidIsAwesome

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

I picked up a c60 Lympstone yesterday in the sale. Every year I tell myself no more Christopher ward, and every year I buy something from the summer sale :lol:
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

what-time-is-it wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:31 pm Having witnessed a few sales and bought a few watches over the years, I'm struggling to see bargains.

I'm looking at the prices for the C60's which only a few years ago were £300 when on sale.

Good for CW if the hype of the sale means they can have established the FOMO because it's a sale, but the reality is the prices have been ticking up year on year and the sale price today for this curmudgeon is no longer a no brainer.
I think that. I remember there were often 50% off sale items, and NN were generally 40% off. Pretty well everything this time has been 30% off, with a few exceptions When you start with higher prices, the net result is quite a bit higher than before. Another 10% off is getting on for another £100 off. I remember buying my first C65 blue handwound for about £350, and I still love it. I just mentioned that the Atoll seemed to bear comparison with anything in this sale, and that sold out very quickly. The highest price for the Atoll was just over £600, on a bracelet, and £500 on a strap.

We have generally flamed Tribus watches here, but their 70% off sale brought COSC GMT's down to just over £500 on bracelets, and well under £500 on leather, and they were nowhere near as dodgy as they have been painted. Even Jody on JOMW said his TRI-02 was his best value watch of 2021.
Internaut
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Internaut »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:57 pm I picked up a c60 Lympstone yesterday in the sale. Every year I tell myself no more Christopher ward, and every year I buy something from the summer sale :lol:
This year I vowed no more than one. A second is due for delivery. To be fair my remaining itches were Japanese and Dive. I had planned to try and scratch both itches with one watch before the CW sale hoved into view.
Beat up vintage Swatch Irony, C5 Malvern (the original), Swiss Military Swiss Soldier Quartz, Seagull 1963, Swatch Blurang Automatic, Swatch Cafe de Flore, Sealander GMT, Trident Pro 600, Fitbit Charge 5. Festina 8810, Addiesdive AD2113 knock off.
TomaszW

Post by TomaszW »

Some items were added, including Titanium Bracelet for C63.
Jkpa
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jkpa »

Some C9s added
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

some aquitane's there too....
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
L55HEM
Junior
Junior

Post by L55HEM »

Kind of wish I pulled the trigger on the C63 Elite with titanium bracelet and paid through the interest free PayPal method… also king of hoping it doesn’t come back so I don’t have to buy it lol
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

SH21 for less than £650? That must be a first (NN C9 without COSC certificate)
These users thanked the author suicidal_orange for the post:
Jkpa
MichaelMD
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by MichaelMD »

The Aquitaines have arrived!
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Tracking details for despatched watches appear to have changed. Much easier to follow.

Mine looks like delivery tomorrow.
These users thanked the author TheBeatles for the post (total 2):
Bahnstormer_vRSJeremyS
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain