Fastest Finger on the Button

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Illiera
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Re: Fastest Finger on the Button

Post by Illiera »

And already gone! I managed to grab a screenshot of one.
B5031F84-0B21-4D1E-9B6F-A52B479FE8CF.png
C60 Trident Pro GMT 600
C900 Single Pusher
NationOfLaws
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by NationOfLaws »

Are the NN watches covered under 60/60?
Internaut
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Internaut »

NationOfLaws wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:46 pm Are the NN watches covered under 60/60?
It would appear so. 60/60 is plastered all over the pages of the nearly new watches, with no exceptions mentioned.
These users thanked the author Internaut for the post:
tikkathree
Beat up vintage Swatch Irony, C5 Malvern (the original), Swiss Military Swiss Soldier Quartz, Seagull 1963, Swatch Blurang Automatic, Swatch Cafe de Flore, Sealander GMT, Trident Pro 600, Fitbit Charge 5. Festina 8810, Addiesdive AD2113 knock off.
NationOfLaws
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by NationOfLaws »

Let’s hope so. The Dartmouth I ordered yesterday already shipped and a green Aquitaine showed up this morning. That was what I really wanted.
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Illiera wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:35 pm Aquitaines just moved onto the sales page
I called it!
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Just got an Aquitaine GMT. Phew!
audio.bill
Guru
Guru

Post by audio.bill »

Noticed that on at least some Aquitaine listings the heading doesn't state "Nearly New" but the description explains the Nearly New designation. Since they are listed at 30% off which is the NN discount apparently they are NN even though not designated as such in the heading. I know that many will say that they've received NN watches which are indistinguishable from new, but think it's best to know exactly what you're purchasing so that expectations can be set accordingly. I just called CW to alert them of this, they thanked me for calling and confirmed they are indeed NN and that their merchandising team will be updating the listings accordingly.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Yes they keep releasing more watches don't they. :D
NationOfLaws
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by NationOfLaws »

If a compelling Aquitaine prototype shows up I’m going to lose it
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Having witnessed a few sales and bought a few watches over the years, I'm struggling to see bargains.

I'm looking at the prices for the C60's which only a few years ago were £300 when on sale.

Good for CW if the hype of the sale means they can have established the FOMO because it's a sale, but the reality is the prices have been ticking up year on year and the sale price today for this curmudgeon is no longer a no brainer.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
NationOfLaws
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by NationOfLaws »

what-time-is-it wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:31 pm Having witnessed a few sales and bought a few watches over the years, I'm struggling to see bargains.

I'm looking at the prices for the C60's which only a few years ago were £300 when on sale.

Good for CW if the hype of the sale means they can have established the FOMO because it's a sale, but the reality is the prices have been ticking up year on year and the sale price today for this curmudgeon is no longer a no brainer.
Sure, but if - like me - you weren’t around for the olden days pricing these represent deals on what’s been available since I’ve been aware of the brand. $875 for the Aquitaine is pretty decent given its regular price.

If I had a time machine I wouldn’t pay these prices, but then again I would probably have used the time machine to invest in Apple in the ‘90s and I’d be buying JLCs and APs instead.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

NationOfLaws wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:35 pm
Sure, but if - like me - you weren’t around for the olden days pricing these represent deals on what’s been available since I’ve been aware of the brand. $875 for the Aquitaine is pretty decent given its regular price.

If I had a time machine I wouldn’t pay these prices, but then again I would probably have used the time machine to invest in Apple in the ‘90s and I’d be buying JLCs and APs instead.
Absolutely and I wish all buyers the best, but for me the prices are not the bargain - as an example I bought a nearly new C60 Trident 2 years ago for £297, today you can double it.

Chris
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

what-time-is-it wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:31 pm Having witnessed a few sales and bought a few watches over the years, I'm struggling to see bargains.

I suppose it’s all relative. 30-40% off is still 30-40% off, even if the base price has increased. It’s still a deal, just a more expensive deal now that prices have gone up. But it sounds like it’s fair to say the quality and craftsmanship of the watches has gone up too?

I can remember going with my parents to look at a new car, and my mom saying to the sales guy, and I quote, “You’re out of your g*dd*med mind if you think a person would pay more than $10,000 for a car!” then she walked out. Last year she paid $35,000 for a car.

In the words of Dwight Yokem, baby things change. :lol:
Drew
TomaszW

Post by TomaszW »

Illiera wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:35 pm Aquitaines just moved onto the sales page
I don't really know how it was during previous sales, but is it normal that they put a new design into sale? Seems weird to me. If it was up to me, unless they had a lot of returns, I would probably keep it off the sale until the next time to not make it seem like people don't like it or the regular price isn't the best deal.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:44 pm
I suppose it’s all relative. 30-40% off is still 30-40% off, even if the base price has increased. It’s still a deal, just a more expensive deal now that prices have gone up. But it sounds like it’s fair to say the quality and craftsmanship of the watches has gone up too?

I can remember going with my parents to look at a new car, and my mom saying to the sales guy, and I quote, “You’re out of your g*dd*med mind if you think a person would pay more than $10,000 for a car!” then she walked out. Last year she paid $35,000 for a car.

In the words of Dwight Yokem, baby things change. :lol:
Sure, but this was the July '20 Summer sale so we are not talking 10 years ago - I do accept however this was 2020 when everything was up in the air with covid. As for the quality of the watch, it's the same watch that's on sale today, just with the red bezel and it went back because it was faulty.
These users thanked the author what-time-is-it for the post:
jkbarnes

Chris