C60 Elite Rubber Strap Advice ?

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
UfukCW

C60 Elite Rubber Strap Advice ?

Post by UfukCW »

Hello everyone,

I have recently purchased C60 Elite, I would like to use a rubber strap with it. CW Hybrid rubber is not for me. I would prefer something like breitling superocean or tissot seastar type with a push button clasp. ( There is no gap between the watch and strap ). Could you please recommned me if you tried something similar ?

Thank you.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: C60 Elite Rubber Strap Advice ?

Post by rkovars »

There aren't any out there that will take the bracelet clasp. There is a company that is in the process of making fitted rubber straps for the C60 but they are buckle and tang. They are sanctioned by CW and I believe got some help with tolerances etc. I don't know if they are planning on making a clasp version. The first version is due this fall I think.

Triton Straps
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post:
Stif
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
UfukCW

Post by UfukCW »

rkovars wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:22 pm There aren't any out there that will take the bracelet clasp. There is a company that is in the process of making fitted rubber straps for the C60 but they are buckle and tang. They are sanctioned by CW and I believe got some help with tolerances etc. I don't know if they are planning on making a clasp version. The first version is due this fall I think.

Triton Straps
Thank you very much !! That's exactly what I am looking for. I hope they make clasp version of this.
Gar787
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by Gar787 »

If it’s 20mm get on the Tribus site now. They’re selling their superb rubber straps for £30 which is madness.

https://tribus-watches.com/collections/straps
PHIL
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ I'm tempted to get a strap or two but the measurements of 80mm to the end of the buckle (which makes it about 70mm to the end of the strap) + 125mm is too short.

If the strap, not including the buckle, is 80mm / 125mm that will be fine.

Is someone able to measure their strap?

Thanks in advance.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

rkovars wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:22 pm There aren't any out there that will take the bracelet clasp. There is a company that is in the process of making fitted rubber straps for the C60 but they are buckle and tang. They are sanctioned by CW and I believe got some help with tolerances etc. I don't know if they are planning on making a clasp version. The first version is due this fall I think.

Triton Straps
Coo! Thanks for that information. :thumbup:
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

Gar787 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:39 pm If it’s 20mm get on the Tribus site now. They’re selling their superb rubber straps for £30 which is madness.

The Elite is 22mm and the OP is interested in fitted end straps which currently don't exist. I tried the Vanguard straps from Watch Gecko on my C60 but they are just off. I had to bend a spring bar to get it to seat correctly. It works okay but not perfectly ideal.

20220517_134450043_iOS.jpg
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
UfukCW

Post by UfukCW »

rkovars wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:26 pm
Gar787 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:39 pm If it’s 20mm get on the Tribus site now. They’re selling their superb rubber straps for £30 which is madness.

The Elite is 22mm and the OP is interested in fitted end straps which currently don't exist. I tried the Vanguard straps from Watch Gecko on my C60 but they are just off. I had to bend a spring bar to get it to seat correctly. It works okay but not perfectly ideal.

Thank you very much. It looks very good in my opinion. Price is a bit high, what do you think about quality ?
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:01 am ^^^^ I'm tempted to get a strap or two but the measurements of 80mm to the end of the buckle (which makes it about 70mm to the end of the strap) + 125mm is too short.

If the strap, not including the buckle, is 80mm / 125mm that will be fine.

Is someone able to measure their strap?

Thanks in advance.

Guy
I showed photos on another thread. (Possibly the Tribus thread itself). The Tribus website graphic is wrong. The straps are 125mm/80mm plus the clasp. No sweat. My wrist is 7.5inches and there's a lot of spare strap.
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post:
Stif
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

JAFO wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:36 pm I showed photos on another thread. The Tribus website graphic is wrong. The straps are 125mm/80mm plus the clasp
Ah, Dave; thank you.

I posted on this thread initially by mistake and then, once I'd realised, reposted in the Tribus thread, intending to delete this post but didn't get around to it. :oops: :oops:

In the meantime, thanks to your clarification on the Tribus thread, I purchased two of the Black straps, one each of the steel and gun buckles. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I just fitted a folding clasp and put one of those on my speedy, and it's on the middle hole of 9.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

UfukCW wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:00 pm

Thank you very much. It looks very good in my opinion. Price is a bit high, what do you think about quality ?
It's fine. Priced about right I think. But like I said, not an exact fit. It takes some wrangling to get it on. Once it is on it doesn't sit exactly right for me. If you had a wrist smaller than my 7.5 it might sit better.
Jack London
UfukCW

Post by UfukCW »

rkovars wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:56 pm
UfukCW wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:00 pm

It's fine. Priced about right I think. But like I said, not an exact fit. It takes some wrangling to get it on. Once it is on it doesn't sit exactly right for me. If you had a wrist smaller than my 7.5 it might sit better.
Thanks I understand. I think I will wait for Triton straps