Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Re: New Atoll Special Edition

Post by Jcalder68 »

Nice colour.
Nice size.
I like the Swish and date at 6 o’clock.
I love the stainless bezel!
The only think stopping me popping one in my basket is the absence of a COSC movement option. A lot of CW’s limited editions have come with this option, shame not to have done the same with this model.
C
These users thanked the author Jcalder68 for the post:
L55HEM
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
napkun
CW-watches: 2

Post by napkun »

Ugh I thought after my C63 sapphire I'd be done for a while but then this pops up. Does anyone know how Christopher Ward handles preorders? Do they charge immediately or when it ships? Also are you able to cancel before it ships out?
Orient Kamasu | Ball Fireman Victory | Citizen NB1050-59A | CW C63 Auto | CW C60 Sapphire | C63 Bronze
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

napkun wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:11 pm Ugh I thought after my C63 sapphire I'd be done for a while but then this pops up. Does anyone know how Christopher Ward handles preorders? Do they charge immediately or when it ships? Also are you able to cancel before it ships out?
They charge immediately.

Taken from the FAQs on CW's website

"What does ‘pre-order’ mean?
It means that this watch isn’t ready yet and is still under construction at our atelier in Switzerland. The ‘pre-order date’ is the date we expect it to be ready to ship to customers. You will be charged upfront for this purchase.

Please note, if any of the components of your purchase are on pre-order, the whole order will be held until all items are in stock."

Helpful?

PS> When I ordered mine earlier today it was shown as 'In Stock' and is currently 'Being prepared for Dispatch'. However, I can see that the C60 Atoll is currently showing 'Pre-Order mid July 2022'.

Guy
These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post:
napkun
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

Nice watch, great price. Probably be sold out before the weekend’s out.

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
MichaelMD
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by MichaelMD »

Any chance a new $125 off comes out this weekend?

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author MichaelMD for the post:
L55HEM
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

MichaelMD wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:39 pm Any chance a new $125 off comes out this weekend?

I very much doubt this model would be allowed a discount at this price.
Actually…it would probably be tricky to find a better watch for the money
Cheers now, Paul
MichaelMD
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MichaelMD »

stefs wrote:
MichaelMD wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:39 pm Any chance a new $125 off comes out this weekend?

I very much doubt this model would be allowed a discount at this price.
Actually…it would probably be tricky to find a better watch for the money
I tend to agree. Struggling to come up with a reason not to get one of these. Being from the States I really appreciate that they kept this <$800 too.

biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

Its already a steal at the listed price, and still people want even more discount.
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

No.

Based on past experience the next £100/$125 Voucher Code will be released to coincide with the next issue of Loupe magazine, likely to be due towards the end of August, in time for the September releases.

To my mind the price of the C60 Atoll already has a £100/£125 discount (and more) factored into the price; as was the case with the C65 DiveTimer this time last year and the C65 AM 1VEV/2VEV before that.

Guy
These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post:
JasperCat
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
napkun

Post by napkun »

Just placed a pre order. Seeing as it's no longer possible to get any C60 for under 800 to the USA outside of the semi annual sales, this is quite the bargain. I'm excited to see pics of them from members who ordered before it went into pre order :D
These users thanked the author napkun for the post:
Bahnstormer_vRS
Orient Kamasu | Ball Fireman Victory | Citizen NB1050-59A | CW C63 Auto | CW C60 Sapphire | C63 Bronze
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

From my point of view
It is a really nice watch and a good price, however
I already have an ocean blue sc
I dont need it
I cant justify it
I probably would barely wear it.

I have ordered it :roll:
These users thanked the author stefs for the post (total 5):
Bahnstormer_vRSajax87tikkathreethomcat00Trs1982
Cheers now, Paul
GoesTo11

Post by GoesTo11 »

I am new to the board and relatively new to the watch disease. I love the old asymmetrical Hamiltons from around 1960, the Jetsons watches. I searched this board for "asymmetrical" and came across people ranting about anything asymmetrical -- the logo at 9:00, date windows at 3:00, just everything. So when I got the announcement email this morning, my first thought was "I can't wait to log into the CW forum and see what new reasons people come up with for not buying this watch." It seems to check all of the boxes that people want -- symmetrical, flag logo, affordable ... I think it's awesome.
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

New Atoll Special Edition

Post by Robotaz »

Cool how it was in stock and now it’s already preorder, which means we’re basically funding a half-ass Kickstarter project over and over. I just logged in to buy one, but now that I’m a “funder” for people who don’t have the money to deliver what they’re selling, I’m out. Not playing this cheesy game anymore.
These users thanked the author Robotaz for the post:
L55HEM
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
napkun wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:11 pm Ugh I thought after my C63 sapphire I'd be done for a while but then this pops up. Does anyone know how Christopher Ward handles preorders? Do they charge immediately or when it ships? Also are you able to cancel before it ships out?
They charge immediately.

Taken from the FAQs on CW's website

"What does ‘pre-order’ mean?
It means that this watch isn’t ready yet and is still under construction at our atelier in Switzerland. The ‘pre-order date’ is the date we expect it to be ready to ship to customers. You will be charged upfront for this purchase.

Please note, if any of the components of your purchase are on pre-order, the whole order will be held until all items are in stock."

Helpful?

PS> When I ordered mine earlier today it was shown as 'In Stock' and is currently 'Being prepared for Dispatch'. However, I can see that the C60 Atoll is currently showing 'Pre-Order mid July 2022'.

Guy
It means you bankroll grown adults who take your money and spread it around to cover themselves in a way they could not if you weren’t giving them your money to play with.
zacharrry
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 5

Post by zacharrry »

This was an instant buy, even though 40mm is a tad larger than I want. The watch looks like an Oris diver had a baby with an anOrdain. It's nuts. The price is nuts. CW legit knocked this one out of the park.
C3 Malvern Mk II, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident Diver, C60 Sapphire Black, C60 Atoll. Wishlist: C3 Malvern Mk I