JKPA’s European Adventure – Summer ‘22. Watch of choice: C63 Sealander White. The One, The Only. Let’s #GODO everything!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Jkpa
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

JKPA’s European Adventure – Summer ‘22. Watch of choice: C63 Sealander White. The One, The Only. Let’s #GODO everything!

Post by Jkpa »

Ladies, lads.

It is my pleasure to announce CW has graciously sponsored my European adventure coming up this summer as I will be demonstrating the unparalleled versatility of this modest three-handed sports watch. This of course is not true, as I’m not an athlete, but rather a middle-aged American of Scandinavian heritage so I’d hardly qualify for any CW sponsorship but it’s OK (just having a bit of fun 😃)– I cannot wait to put this watch through its paces doing everything and anything a three week plus vacation back on the other side of the Atlantic will bring.

I’m taking a brand new C63 Sealander White with me on the trip. I ordered it yesterday from the CW website and it should arrive probably by early next week (if not tomorrow, CW has managed a two day delivery for me before which is incredible). I will treat the watch with my usual care, but not be worried about any sort of scratches, water resistance, dirt etc. It’s going to be used as it was intended and do absolutely everything on this trip. Any wear this watch will get it will get from enjoying life to the absolute fullest!

There will be flying, there will be luggage carrying, there will be dining out, there will be dining in, there will be driving, there will be swimming in pools and the ocean, there will be hiking (modestly, what am I? 25 years old? I’m not!). There will be family gatherings from near and far (My sisters flying in from Denmark to meet us and spend a week with us while we’re over there), there will be train rides at 300 km/h on the Eurostar, there will be sightseeing in London, Paris, Lisbon and other beautiful cities, I will be going to the top of a 2000m tall mountain, I will be taking a lot of pictures of watches and maybe even other things (!). My wife and I will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary while on this trip, so it’s a very special trip besides all the places we’re going and we absolutely cannot wait to go.

As for everyone else in the world, it’s been a few years since we’ve been anywhere and we really look forward to this vacation more than ever before. Even our 2019 European trip which was fantastic wasn’t as big in scope as this one will be. The last few months have been extra challenging as my wife has had a health scare and we’re still pending official results from the surgery she had a couple weeks ago. It may not be the news we want, but even if it’s not positive news, at least it’d be something we are catching at the earliest possible stage so treatment will be the best it can be. But with this hanging over our heads for a while, we really need this time away from “real life” and just enjoy the heck out of this trip. There are no restrictions, there are no budgets.

Yes, I already have a Sealander, so why buy another? Because it’s that good, and I wanted one I could treat with “less care” if you will, while we’re away. The Cream version is a one-off, literally, and irreplaceable. I want that to stay pristine forever. The White however, was bought on a strap and I’m already looking for about 5-7 new straps for it to take with me so to be able to swap anytime I wish depending on what I’m going that day. A black CW leather strap for dining out and wearing something a bit fancier than shorts and sandals, a camel leather strap for casual wear, and blue and orange rubber straps for the activities. The phrase “strap monster” is frequently used and perhaps over-used, but if any watch is that, it’s this one.

I will update this post with pictures just of this watch and its adventures as it arrives and as we go on the trip some weeks from now.

🚗 🏊‍♂️ 🏃‍♂️ ✈️ 🍱 🍹 🚂 🏔 ☀️ 🏖 🧳

-Jacob

I’ve created an Instagram page as well, please follow if you’d like: @c63SealanderGoDo

These users thanked the author Jkpa for the post (total 13):
jkbarnesKalli64IllieraInternautDavid. SJcalder680uatiOWMattyyBdipidyyMiniMpi and 3 more users
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: JKPA’s European Adventure – Summer ‘22. Watch of choice: C63 Sealander White. The One, The Only. Let’s #GODO everyth

Post by jkbarnes »

I can’t wait to follow the adventure! Care to share a brief overview of the trip?
These users thanked the author jkbarnes for the post:
Jkpa
Drew
Jkpa
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: JKPA’s European Adventure – Summer ‘22. Watch of choice: C63 Sealander White. The One, The Only. Let’s #GODO everyth

Post by Jkpa »

Sure!

In broad strokes, we’re arriving in the UK to start the trip and then taking the train to France a few days later to celebrate our anniversary in Paris. What could be better than that? Then we head back across the channel again on the train and spend the last part of the week in England before flying to Portugal where we’ll spend a week in the area my wife is from originally, and having my sisters join us there for the week before they go back home, and then my wife, our son and I will be going to the South of the country to spend a week on the beach and soaking up the sun before heading back to the US.

Quote an itinerary and hopefully we will also find it relaxing despite being packed with activities 😊
These users thanked the author Jkpa for the post:
Kalli64
Kalli64
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 51

Post by Kalli64 »

What a great idea to review this trip to Europe with a specially bought watch.

Maybe we could even meet in person - depending on where your journey through Europe takes you :-)
These users thanked the author Kalli64 for the post (total 3):
JkpaThegreymantikkathree
Thomas

My CW collection:
C1 - 7x / C5 - 1x / C63 - 3x / C60 - 21x / C65 - 8x / C7 - 5x / C8 - 2x / C9 - 2x / C90 - 2x
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

Superb choice. The brilliant white will look fabulous no matter what the ocassion. Looking forward to following your trip. Stay safe. :thumbup:
These users thanked the author watchaholic for the post:
Jkpa
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

Brilliant! I love the sense in your post of busting out after a tough few years of global pandemic, and now your wife’s health scare. The whole world is going to feel like it’s been washed and freshly rinsed!
Your going to love your watch even more once it has been through all of that with you. :thumbup:
These users thanked the author missF for the post:
Jkpa
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Jkpa wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:36 pm Sure!

In broad strokes…
Well, that sounds just about perfect! I’m jealous.
These users thanked the author jkbarnes for the post:
Jkpa
Drew
Internaut
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Internaut »

These watches do work well on a variety of straps. I've had my GMT on the tide strap and a Bond NATO, so far. I expect to take delivery of a black leather strap (thanks to the Tribus* fire sale) in the next couple of days. Looking forward to breaking that in. Regrets? Absolutely should have bought it on bracelet.

* I hope I'm wrong and their business endures, but it did feel like picking at a carcass.
These users thanked the author Internaut for the post:
Jkpa
Beat up vintage Swatch Irony, C5 Malvern (the original), Swiss Military Swiss Soldier Quartz, Seagull 1963, Swatch Blurang Automatic, Swatch Cafe de Flore, Sealander GMT, Trident Pro 600, Fitbit Charge 5. Festina 8810, Addiesdive AD2113 knock off.
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

Cool!
These users thanked the author tikkathree for the post:
Jkpa
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Good man! taking one watch on a trip is THE thing to do, IMNVHO! :clap:
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post (total 2):
JkpaMiniMpi
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Jkpa
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jkpa »

IG page is off to a strong start. 1 single follower. But it’s a good one;)

These users thanked the author Jkpa for the post:
ajax87
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

@jkpa

I suggest a rousing rendition of You Are My Sunshine, (and many others) from the fabulous soundtrack of the fabulous "O Brother, Where Art Thou"
Enjoy your break :D

Here's Pappy O' Daniel leading George Clooney and the Soggy Bottom Boys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81YQFvmrOEs
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post (total 3):
JkpaMiniMpitikkathree
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

JAFO wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:08 pm @jkpa

I suggest a rousing rendition of You Are My Sunshine, (and many others) from the fabulous soundtrack of the fabulous "O Brother, Where Art Thou"
Enjoy your break :D

Here's Pappy O' Daniel leading George Clooney and the Soggy Bottom Boys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81YQFvmrOEs
That’s a better choice than Man of Constant Sorrow! :lol:

You’ve got at least one more follower now, too!
These users thanked the author jkbarnes for the post (total 2):
Jkpatikkathree
Drew
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Sounds epic! Hope you fully enjoy every second. Fingers crossed for good news about your wife.
These users thanked the author ajax87 for the post:
Jkpa
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
sinner777
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by sinner777 »

Come to Croatia. Skip usual suspects like Dubrovnik. Come to mountains. Its much better and cheaper. And U have fellow WIS there.
These users thanked the author sinner777 for the post (total 2):
MiniMpitikkathree