rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: Are people warming?

Post by rkovars »

ajax87 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:45 pm
watchaholic wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:26 pm
ajax87 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:14 pm ^^^ The date wheel, swish, and markers all match color. :thumbup: :clap:
Why not make the date window round to match the blobs?
Everything we’re talking about boils down to personal preference, but I don’t mind the date window shape. I think it works because the trapezoid mirrors the upside down 12 o’clock triangle close enough.
And the quarter hour markers.
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post:
ajax87
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

ajax87 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:42 pm
Thanks for this, puts it in perspective a bit :thumbup:

I still think there’s a difference though. A small smattering of white in thin, delicate lettering isn’t as “in your face” as a thick white swish blob. The difference isn't as noticeable.

I also liked the swish only on the super compressor more when I saw the real life photos. Hasn’t been the same when I’ve seen real life Aquitaine photos though, and I can’t pinpoint why.
The Rolex on mine stands out pretty proud. Mine is slightly creamier than the posted pic and I think the hands obscuring the logo make a difference too.

It seems like if they are staying with the styling per model the 3-hander should have a sunray dial and white markers like the green and blue. Although if they stick with the matte dial it might keep the faux lume too like the green/cream. Could go either way.

One thing I think I have nailed down for myself is I am not a fan of the sunray dial. Nothing wrong with it per say, but I don't think it works in this case. I prefer a matte dial over this.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Yes. Black is definitely a good looker. I also agree with a previous post by another inmate. The bezel actually appears a bit narrower than originally thought which improves the look for me
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

richtel wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:13 pm I like that idea! -

C65-41AGM2-S0KK0-B0_Picture_1white.jpg
THIS! Much better with white as opposed to vintage lume.
Drew
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

richtel wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:13 pm
jkbarnes wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:13 pm
Quality Man wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:00 pm I have now warmed.
I thought we might see this thread pop up again. That black! If it had white lume instead of vintage, I’d be 100% hooked.
I like that idea! -

C65-41AGM2-S0KK0-B0_Picture_1white.jpg
The white markers and lume make this so much better, Now it needs a titanium case and bracelet and I might even be tempted.
These users thanked the author albionphoto for the post (total 2):
jkbarneswatchaholic
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
BigPo

Post by BigPo »

How long before we see a non-GMT in black?
Internaut
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Internaut »

strapline wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:11 pm Yep, that's the question I'm posing, and it relates entirely to the new Aquitaine releases. So, what are the views now that the dust has settled a little? It seemed that much of the initial discussion focussed on the complete omission of the wording Christopher Ward from the dial. In many ways this seemed to outshine all of the other enhancements that the new range offered. You've probably revisited a version or a couple of versions from the range on numerous occasions now; are you finding that a model has ignited the touch paper, perhaps altered initial reservations?

let's hear some current thinking! It'll be interesting to see where people lie now.

Des
The only issue I have with Aquataine is the size of them and, I understand, CW may address this at some point. The overall dive aesthetic, OTOH, is an area where I have some pretty set ideas of what I like. Is a Pepsi look remotely feasible with this type of bezel?

Otherwise, I think this line is beautiful.
Beat up vintage Swatch Irony, C5 Malvern (the original), Swiss Military Swiss Soldier Quartz, Seagull 1963, Swatch Blurang Automatic, Swatch Cafe de Flore, Sealander GMT, Trident Pro 600, Fitbit Charge 5. Festina 8810, Addiesdive AD2113 knock off.
Internaut
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Internaut »

strapline wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:11 pm Yep, that's the question I'm posing, and it relates entirely to the new Aquitaine releases. So, what are the views now that the dust has settled a little? It seemed that much of the initial discussion focussed on the complete omission of the wording Christopher Ward from the dial. In many ways this seemed to outshine all of the other enhancements that the new range offered. You've probably revisited a version or a couple of versions from the range on numerous occasions now; are you finding that a model has ignited the touch paper, perhaps altered initial reservations?

let's hear some current thinking! It'll be interesting to see where people lie now.

Des
The only issue I have with Aquataine is the size of them and, I understand, CW may address this at some point. The overall dive aesthetic, OTOH, is an area where I have some pretty set ideas of what I like. Is a Pepsi look remotely feasible with this type of bezel?

Otherwise, I think this line is beautiful.
Beat up vintage Swatch Irony, C5 Malvern (the original), Swiss Military Swiss Soldier Quartz, Seagull 1963, Swatch Blurang Automatic, Swatch Cafe de Flore, Sealander GMT, Trident Pro 600, Fitbit Charge 5. Festina 8810, Addiesdive AD2113 knock off.
dipidyy
Junior
Junior

Post by dipidyy »

Even as I’m one of those who warmed up from get go, I think Aquitane is a bit niche watch. Kinda like in a same ballpark as other vintage inspired watches. The buying audience will never be as big as of C60/63

This has definetly grown on me as my go to summer watch and while I initially disliked the ”dual” lume dear god after spending some time outdoors on a sunny dayImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk