The Curmudgeons Corner

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: The Curmudgeons Corner

Post by iain »

One of the downsides of the forum ‘like’ feature is that it doesn’t convey more than a simple acknowledgment that you’ve read and ‘liked’ a comment.

Sometimes a post appears where you would like say a bit more and a like just isn’t appropriate. In these instances I’ll post a relevant comment to say what I mean. Usually a ‘like’ on its own from me just indicates I appreciate what someone has posted but I don’t feel the need to say more.

The curmudgeons thread doesn't allow discussion and I’m aware I’m bending the rules slightly here. However if I’ve liked a recent post in here it’s to give more of a virtual hug and a knowing acceptance of what someone might be feeling at the moment and is therefore a silent show of support. I’m wondering out loud if others may follow suit having read this post of mine.

This post is obviously a curmudgeonly comment on the shortcoming of the like feature…..
These users thanked the author iain for the post (total 6):
Bahnstormer_vRS0uatiOWjkbarnesstraplinerkovarsThermexman
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

How I despise eBay.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I've just started watching Coronation Street on catch up. Why on earth would they reveal all the story before the episode starts?
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Trip to Paris for the CL final on Saturday and back Sunday evening. How can what should be a dream trip, staying minutes away from the Arc de Triomphe and in a capital City of a European country end so badly? Sums it up when nobody really cared about the result and the main objective anyone could think about was trying to get back after the game without getting robbed by locals or threatened with violence by those who are there to keep everyone safe.

At least we live in the era of technology and where a large number of credible sources are able to document events to counter 'official' reports of those in charge who are trying to uphold myths that fans are like they were in the 80s which is simply not true.

Did see that the MoonSwatch was on sale, too big of a queue though and too little time, else a purchase could have saved the trip!
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

My school system compensates teachers when they are asked to cover classes for absent teachers (there’s a huge substitute teacher shortage right now). I was told I will be covering three different classes for a teacher who will be out.

When I inquired about being compensated for it, as is county policy, I was given the runaround initially then finally told, they “pulled some strings” so that I can get paid for it.

“Pulled strings,” my *ss! This is POLICY folks! Why do I even have to ask to be compensated?! Why is that not the default position?!

This building I work in is so toxic!
Drew
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

25 guests round for a jubilee garden party / BBQ. House tidy, time to dig the BBQ out of the shed.

“I didn’t think it had that giant rusty hole in the base when I put it away last autumn”

Emergency BBQ shopping trip it is then, thankfully somewhere was open that had them on sale but it’s smaller then is ideal when catering for a small crowd.
These users thanked the author iain for the post:
jkbarnes
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

Spent half of yesterday tidying ready to receive guests.

Today I’m slightly hungover and having to do it all again. Who knew spending all day and evening in the garden would result in such a mess indoors.

(Still it was a very enjoyable day, but I can’t say this in the curmudgeon thread….)
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by exHowfener »

There is a DVSA centre very close to where I live. I don't have a problem with learner drivers, we've all been there and I'm not that curmudgeonly. What is an ongoing irritation are the long streams of drivers who are clearly learning the test routes. In particular, the HGV drivers - apparently an important part of their learning involves parking at the side of the road and standing on the pavement smoking, thus blocking both the road and the pavement.
Look, go out and learn to drive, not just to pass the test.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by 0uatiOW »

Watch (or anything for that matter) For Sale posts without a price :censored:
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

I was really annoyed with the company I work for opening normal hours over the Queens Jubilee, they bang on about our welfare, work/ home life balance etc, yet want us to work all hours.
That is bad enough.....but yesterday was one of the busiest days we have had, today we were again run ragged
FFS people have a day off...spend time with your family, have a party / BBQ ....Stop coming to buy DIY stuff on a special occasion that none of us will ever see again, take a break enjoy yourself, so I can have a bank holiday off for once...
Back in again tomorrow ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
These users thanked the author kiter65 for the post:
jkbarnes
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

I never knowingly break speed limits and as a parent and grandfather am happy to have 20mph restrictions to safeguard children from danger.

Why is it then that when I have some massive SUV right up my bumper trying to bully me to go faster it is often being driven by a lady driver with a school child in the front seat late on the school run.

scooter
These users thanked the author scooter for the post:
watchaholic
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

I had a really nice day in Norwich today, with my parents, son and granddaughter, he lives in Lowestoft, I feel really at home and comfortable there. The problem is I would need to find another £300,000+ to buy the equivalent bungalow I own in Spalding to live there :( ....or I could just get an apartment :lol:
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by exHowfener »

We recently had a parcel of food due to be delivered by Yodel. My wife got an e-mail to say delivery between 4-6pm. No sign of it at 6, so that's plan B for our tea (fortunately our local chippy does deliveries). Finally an e-mail to say ... delivered to your safe place, front porch.

Curious as we don't have a front porch. Called at a neighbour in the next street as we live on a corner plot. No, no sign. What? A good half an hour later I saw a white van driving off followed shortly by my neighbour carrying a large box of food.

Now, how can you send an e-mail saying that delivery has been made to the wrong place 45 minutes before actually making the delivery to the wrong address? Surely that takes a special level of stupidity? To make matters worse, my neighbours house is literally across the road from the street sign so it's pretty hard to get it wrong.
These users thanked the author exHowfener for the post:
JAFO
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Why do certain people think it is ok to insult you / take the p*&&, yet if you retaliate/call them out all hell breaks lose :? :?
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

First world problem here, but why would anyone advertise a watch as extra thin,then fail to provide,
1. A picture from the side
2. Dimensions
:ka:
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight