sealander black or white

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jayrob1984

sealander black or white

Post by jayrob1984 »

hi guys new o the forum not new to watches or CW. I'm about to pull the trigger on a c63 Sealander but cant decide if its the black or white, both on the bracelet . i want it to be my gada watch . the only thing i wont use it for is work . would like to hear you guys opinions and why
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: sealander black or white

Post by nbg »

Blue - because I already had a few white and black dial GMTs and my favourite brand doesn’t do a blue dial GMT, with a SS case.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

For me, it would need to be white for the Sealander Automatic but black if it was the Sealander GMT. Please don’t ask me to explain that, because I can’t really. The black automatic doesn’t excite me, but the white does. And inexplicably, the white GMT doesn’t excite me, but the black does. Weird…
Drew
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Black GMT for me, but only on a day that ends with Y.

I got mine last September and within a couple of weeks I took it on a trip to the Greek islands as my only watch. Superb watch and brilliantly legible.

Welcome to the forum. Please visit the Member Introduction section and tell us more about yourself. 8)

These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post (total 2):
MattyyBjkbarnes
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Gower8484
Senior
Senior

Post by Gower8484 »

White
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

I have the white GMT and I’m very happy with it. Not on a bracelet though.

These users thanked the author Clach77 for the post:
jkbarnes
Trying not to buy any more watches...
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

I have the black GMT and white auto which for me are the perfect combination.

I like the GMT in black because of the colour matching GMT hand and date wheel; and there is enough colour to provide contrast against the back dial. I prefer the auto in white also because of the colour matched date wheel, its simplicity and good overall legibility. With no distractions like bezels, etc. it also makes what is a relatively small watch appear larger.

I’ve previously had legibility problems with white dials from CW but they seem to have resolved these with the Sealander by changing the hands from a high polish to a more gunmetal finish. The white auto makes for a very nice everyday watch that looks good on no end of straps in addition to the bracelet.
These users thanked the author timor54 for the post (total 3):
jkbarnesClach77thomcat00
Tim
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

timor54 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:57 pm I have the black GMT and white auto which for me are the perfect combination.

I like the GMT in black because of the colour matching GMT hand and date wheel; and there is enough colour to provide contrast against the back dial. I prefer the auto in white also because of the colour matched date wheel, its simplicity and good overall legibility. With no distractions like bezels, etc. it also makes what is a relatively small watch appear larger.

I’ve previously had legibility problems with white dials from CW but they seem to have resolved these with the Sealander by changing the hands from a high polish to a more gunmetal finish. The white auto makes for a very nice everyday watch that looks good on no end of straps in addition to the bracelet.
Well obviously I like this post!
Drew
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Blue (even though that wasn't your question) in GMT or Auto.

If it's only between Black or White then black - the dial pops more for me maybe because there's more contrast against hands and the bezel. On the white there's not enough contrast from dial to bezel for my eyes.
Dayglow_01

Post by Dayglow_01 »

I've got the white dial GMT. It's a great looking watch and goes with everything. I'd definitely get it on the bracelet and then mix it up with other straps. The wait list was longer on the bracelet when I got mine so I got it on the tide strap and picked up the bracelet separately. It was my first and only white dial watch and I couldn't be happier. Especially the way the lume pops against it

IMG_20220211_220312_978.jpg
IMG_20220415_205553_453.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Dayglow_01 for the post (total 2):
jkbarnesrkovars
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

I have a C60 GMT with a black dial and a C63 auto with a white dial among my watches. I’m not sure I can help. :) I appreciate some versatility and variety among my watch options. The simplicity of the white auto appeals to me. But it also came after getting the black C60 a year earlier.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
jayrob1984

Post by jayrob1984 »

ordered a black one guys. cant it for it to arrive . will try take some good pics when it does
These users thanked the author jayrob1984 for the post (total 2):
ajax87dipidyy
BigPo

Post by BigPo »

Did you go for the GMT or the auto? I'm not a huge fan of GMTs, but I think the orange hand adds a lot in this case.
jayrob1984

Post by jayrob1984 »

hi guys i got my watch . i really like it but im a little disappointed with the accuracy . its with in the tolerance at +13s but was hoping for better .
DSC_0332.JPG
DSC_0339.JPG
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Congratulations, it looks terrific! Give it a day or two for the movement to settle down, and you may well find that the timekeeping improves.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)