Halios Seaforth IV

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Wis
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Halios Seaforth IV

Post by Wis »

missF wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:06 pm I’m not sure if the current colour phase is so much a bandwagon as a dam that was waiting to burst. As if companies and buyers have been looking for this for a while, but most companies couldn’t risk being the first to jump in case it just didn’t take off.
I think this is a very astute analysis. The watch market has changed dramatically in just a few years, bringing in a lot of new buyers who are much less conservative than the old guard. My guess would be that we will see more experimentation and more colour going forward.
Bjørn
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

Nomos Tetra has had colour variations for ages. But they generally march to a different beat from other watch makers anyway.

I do like that pink Halios.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by gwells »

nomos has done color variations in a lot of watches. but they tend to be very pale pastels, not bright colors.
the "g" is for Greg...
Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Post by Ttf23 »

Update from Jason a few days ago

https://halioswatches.com/community/xen ... ay-16-2022

In short, ongoing delays, it’ll be released when it is released.
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

And a new picture of the pink dial with rotating bezel. This doesn't include the production indices, just a printed test dial.

SmartSelect_20220521-081839_Discord.jpg
These users thanked the author sproughton for the post:
Stif
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

Not feeling it at all. Maybe it’s just not my style, but it feels dated already.
SebLat

Post by SebLat »

I am not sure how it will age and be perceived in the long run but I think it works. Somehow, it manages not to be flashy in spite of this fairly unusual colour.
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sproughton »

sproughton wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:33 pm Continuing the trend of colourful dials is this sneak peek of the pink dialled SFIV:

Pink.jpg

I actually like it. Can't see me buying it but think it'd look good with the sapphire bezel.
"Can't see me buying it" became "have absolutely ordered this as soon as possible". Went for the stainless steel version with diver bezel. Will be a nice bright companion to my Lucerne Blue Sealander:
SmartSelect_20220815-135151_Chrome.jpg
Stif
NationOfLaws
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by NationOfLaws »

The Halios site is kind of wonky on mobile. I had to send them a note on their contact page because I couldn’t find a way to sign up for updates. Interesting watches for sure.
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by gwells »

Halios is my favorite micro, by far. watches that are less derivative/homage than most micros without being weird, good quality/QC/support, and an owner who's very hands on and one of the nicer guys in the business.
These users thanked the author gwells for the post (total 2):
sproughtonStif
the "g" is for Greg...
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sproughton »

NationOfLaws wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:28 pm The Halios site is kind of wonky on mobile. I had to send them a note on their contact page because I couldn’t find a way to sign up for updates. Interesting watches for sure.
Frankly it's an awful website.

He took down the option to sign up for updates recently as he was doing a draw to select 100 for the chance to buy the pink dial. Not sure he's added it back in yet.
NationOfLaws
NationOfLaws
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by NationOfLaws »

Well, I guess when you sell out of everything quickly a better site isn’t a huge priority
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

I like the style of these watches and would like to have a pastel blue but I really cannot be bothered with Halios any more. In a way I feel sorry for him but he seems to be totally hands-on to the extreme, unable to reduce his personal involvement to the n degree and so, other than a very fortunate 100 or so, it's his potential customers that loose out.

I know it's his business to run as he wishes so I'll help him out by not bothering to view Halios website anymore and not considering trying to purchase any of his watches.