Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Two things I’ve not commented on, yet….

Post by Clach77 »

I was lucky to be online for the Aquitaine preview. I didn’t comment at the time, in part because I was on mute all the time. :)

I’ve loved the C65 Trident range since it was launched. It felt ‘just right’ to me. I bought (sold, then bought again) a black hand wound and now own several of the different versions. The Aquitaine initially left me slightly cold. Now that I’ve watched some of the videos that people I kindly linked to I’m starting to change my mind. From the launch and the photos online, the bezel looked a lot wider than the C65 Trident. Seeing the videos I’m now thinking that was just distortion caused by the box crystal and crystal bezel. I’m fairly sure that my next CWL will be green. It was going to be a C63, but now it might be an Aquitaine. There is no rush though and I may well end up buying neither. :oops: In conclusion, I am finding the Aquitaine to be a grower. I fully expect it to look a lot better in the metal.

The other thing I’ve not commented on for a while is the logo question. I’ve come to the conclusion that changing the logo on an existing line is the issue. I may not be reading things correctly, but that’s what I think the issue might be. When a new watch comes out with whatever logo, that’s just part of how that watch looks. If an existing model has a change of logo, that becomes the full focus. I’ll be interested to see what happens with the C60 Trident 3.1, which I assume with have the flags logo and date at 6. As to logos, I have my own preferences, but it hasn't stopped me from buying a watch I like.

As you may can tell, I’m at home recovering from (a frankly mild dose of) COVID19. So now I’ve more time than everyone would like to post my thoughts on the internet. :D
These users thanked the author Clach77 for the post (total 5):
jkbarnesMiniMpiThunder1Macdaztikkathree
Trying not to buy any more watches...
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Re: Two things I’ve not commented on, yet….

Post by MiniMpi »

Firstly I hope you recover quickly Alex and it continues to be mild symptoms for you mate ;)
I'm also in the same boat of the Aquitaine, I like it.....but I feel as you say it's a grower and definitely one you have to see and feel before it clicks with you.
These users thanked the author MiniMpi for the post:
jkbarnes
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

MiniMpi wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:46 pm Firstly I hope you recover quickly Alex and it continues to be mild symptoms for you mate ;)
I'm also in the same boat of the Aquitaine, I like it.....but I feel as you say it's a grower and definitely one you have to see and feel before it clicks with you.
+1..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

What I’ve had feels like mild flu. I’ve definitely had worse flu. Although I am now suffering from crushing tiredness. Thank goodness for all the vaccine work. :thumbup:

I’m hoping to see some Aquitaine’s on the forum soon. :)
Trying not to buy any more watches...