Is the logo changing soon?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Is the logo changing soon?

Post by golfjunky »

Yes and no
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

iain wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:32 am If a name change is on the cards then Christopher Ward is an anagram of Crow Hard Hipster.

Changing the brand name to that would give everyone something to crow on about….
It's also Horrid Watches PR unfortunately.
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post:
iain
cwa
Senior
Senior

Post by cwa »

marcosghost9 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:49 pm I think ellis & france has a nice sound to it.
Let’s see them put France on a brand that’s always prided itself on being British…
Marksp

Post by Marksp »

Hi,
I’ve just sent this email to Marketing and wondered if anyone else concurs:
“I have 11 of your watches and they display nearly as many different logos/fonts/symbols as there are watches. You’ll never be taken seriously as a watchmaker (and yes I have a C60 Concept) until you finally nail your name/logo. I note with interest that Rolex change their logo every other month (and their model range).
You’ve now reprised the twin flag logo (which I actually like); so are you now going to settle on this across the range and stick with it? Until you sort the name/logo and stop the stupid fire sales no one will ever take you seriously regardless of the horological quality of your timepieces.”
A bit OTT ??
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

Marksp wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:35 pm A bit OTT ??
Yes.
These users thanked the author biggus_richus for the post:
cwa
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Marksp wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:35 pm Hi,
“I have 11 of your watches and they display nearly as many different logos/fonts/symbols as there are watches. You’ll never be taken seriously as a watchmaker (and yes I have a C60 Concept) until you finally nail your name/logo. I note with interest that Rolex change their logo every other month (and their model range).
You’ve now reprised the twin flag logo (which I actually like); so are you now going to settle on this across the range and stick with it? Until you sort the name/logo and stop the stupid fire sales no one will ever take you seriously regardless of the horological quality of your timepieces.”
A bit OTT ??
So you have 11 CW watches (including a C60 Concept) and you're worried about them being taken seriously?
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Marksp wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:35 pm Hi,
A bit OTT ??
So what your saying is that you like CW watches but are still bummed that only the fan boys swoon and no one else?
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
MikeyT100
Senior
Senior

Post by MikeyT100 »

I notice the Super Compressor has just been re-released with the new flag only logo. Must mean that's what they're settling on? I'm not sure it works on that particular dial as it's already busy enough!
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

MikeyT100 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:40 pm I notice the Super Compressor has just been re-released with the new flag only logo. Must mean that's what they're settling on?
They have said it often enough in the last few weeks.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

MikeyT100 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:40 pm I notice the Super Compressor has just been re-released with the new flag only logo. Must mean that's what they're settling on? I'm not sure it works on that particular dial as it's already busy enough!
I think it looks okay but still glad I have the older version (even with the off center text :lol: ). The only one I don't think looks quite right is the Moonglow. They had one at Wind Up and they are centering the twin flags below the handset. It is super white and looks off to me.
Screenshot 2022-05-19 115126.jpg
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
cwa
Senior
Senior

Post by cwa »

MikeyT100 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:40 pm I notice the Super Compressor has just been re-released with the new flag only logo. Must mean that's what they're settling on? I'm not sure it works on that particular dial as it's already busy enough!
I don’t mind it on the SC.
I also don’t mind the text based.

If either come up in the next sale I dare say I’ll own one.
These users thanked the author cwa for the post:
MikeyT100
MikeyT100
Senior
Senior

Post by MikeyT100 »

rkovars wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:52 pm
I think it looks okay but still glad I have the older version (even with the off center text :lol: ). The only one I don't think looks quite right is the Moonglow. They had one at Wind Up and they are centering the twin flags below the handset. It is super white and looks off to me.
I too have a first edition model of the SC with the off center text!!! I decided to keep it as an oddball vs getting the dial replaced....
MikeyT100
Senior
Senior

Post by MikeyT100 »

cwa wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:54 am
I don’t mind it on the SC.
I also don’t mind the text based.

If either come up in the next sale I dare say I’ll own one.
I love my SC. A brilliant piece.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Looking forward to the C60 Trident GMT getting the TF logo on it so I can visit the showroom and compare it against the Sealander GMT.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

rkovars wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:52 pm

Screenshot 2022-05-19 115126.jpg
I think the moonglow might look good with no text whatsoever, not even the swiss made. Maybe have it as a completely sterile option. Something like that.