Are people warming?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: Are people warming?

Post by ajax87 »

StrappedUp wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:10 pm Something to mull over. Click on the image and zoom in for a better look

Yup. Maybe a minor adjustment to the size and spacing, but this is what it should have been. Perhaps the swish could follow the aesthetic of the markers, with the same SS border and lume fill matching whatever is on the watch. Thanks for the mock-up!
These users thanked the author ajax87 for the post (total 2):
jkbarnescincfleet
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

StrappedUp wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:10 pm Something to mull over. Click on the image and zoom in for a better look

I think that small detail makes quite a big difference.
These users thanked the author jkbarnes for the post:
ajax87
Drew
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Post by Macdaz »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:01 pm
I think that small detail makes quite a big difference.
I agree...That looks soooooo much better. I didn't think it would make that much difference, but that configuration might turn my head!

(Maybe it is the logo after all!)
These users thanked the author Macdaz for the post (total 2):
ajax87cincfleet
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Macdaz wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:22 pm I agree...That looks soooooo much better. I didn't think it would make that much difference, but that configuration might turn my head!

I’ve got to be honest, I might actually think a little less of the line now after seeing that mock up!
Drew
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Post by Macdaz »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:00 pm
Macdaz wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:22 pm I agree...That looks soooooo much better. I didn't think it would make that much difference, but that configuration might turn my head!

I’ve got to be honest, I might actually think a little less of the line now after seeing that mock up!
We're a fickle bunch. :lol:
These users thanked the author Macdaz for the post:
jkbarnes
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Macdaz wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:08 pm We're a fickle bunch. :lol:
Now listen up kids. You have to choose an ice cream from the following: vanilla, chocolate or strawberry.

Can’t we have mint?

Yeah, with chocolate sauce!

No! We need crushed nuts with it.

We are nut free.

What about those new nut free nuts?

There is no such thing. They haven’t been invented yet.

Well that’s not good enough! Why haven’t they introduced them? Can’t they see there is a market for them?

Can’t we have a Big Mac instead?

Yeah! With fries!

No! Spicy wedges!

With extra paprika!

So the choice is ice cream or Big Mac, right?

Hey, wait a minute! We never mentioned big Mac.

No, but you should have done. We have our rights after all.

Whoa, Big Mac, same old rubbish logo! They should change the logo to Burger King and put it on a different part of the box.

Yeah, good point. They never listen.

So, about these chicken kebabs…?
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post (total 5):
jkbarnescincfleetiaingannetthomcat00
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
cincfleet
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 8

Post by cincfleet »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:21 pm
Macdaz wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:08 pm We're a fickle bunch. :lol:
Now listen up kids. You have to choose an ice cream from the following: vanilla, chocolate or strawberry.

Can’t we have mint?

Yeah, with chocolate sauce!

No! We need crushed nuts with it.

We are nut free.

What about those new nut free nuts?

There is no such thing. They haven’t been invented yet.

Well that’s not good enough! Why haven’t they introduced them? Can’t they see there is a market for them?

Can’t we have a Big Mac instead?

Yeah! With fries!

No! Spicy wedges!

With extra paprika!

So the choice is ice cream or Big Mac, right?

Hey, wait a minute! We never mentioned big Mac.

No, but you should have done. We have our rights after all.

Whoa, Big Mac, same old rubbish logo! They should change the logo to Burger King and put it on a different part of the box.

Yeah, good point. They never listen.

So, about these chicken kebabs…?
LOL, Oh my word, if CWL did "Monty Python" then this is the sketch I wanna see LOL :lol: I am thinking the Parrot sketch LOL :thumbup:
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

To me that mock up makes it too busy.

Logo only for me.

Don't like the watch in any case though :lol:
These users thanked the author gannet for the post:
Robotaz
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

I have been waiting for this and I like it. I found the wordmark unbalanced & unattractive, and I’m glad it’s gone. Cynically, I guess Mike finds it just as unappealing now and I can well understand why.

The Aquitaine is the closed I’ve been to buying current model CW watches (when funds permit and when “the one” turns up), and this change is definitely largely responsible.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

StrappedUp wrote:Something to mull over. Click on the image and zoom in for a better look

Looks Ok zoomed in, but back out like you see it on your wrist and I think it looks cluttered, illegible, and weird. Just my opinion.
Radboud
CW-watches: 12

Post by Radboud »

The Chr.WARD word mark would look great on the Aquitaine.
NationOfLaws
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by NationOfLaws »

Robotaz wrote:
StrappedUp wrote:Something to mull over. Click on the image and zoom in for a better look

Looks Ok zoomed in, but back out like you see it on your wrist and I think it looks cluttered, illegible, and weird. Just my opinion.
What I’m gathering from this thread is that I’d never want to make this decision for a brand with passionate customers. People feel really invested in things like this, and there’s not going to be a silver bullet that appeases everyone.

I truly love the new look and I get why others don’t. In fact, some of the responses in this thread have caused me to rethink the old logo. I like it better now that I see it through others’ eyes.
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

NationOfLaws wrote:
Robotaz wrote:

What I’m gathering from this thread is that I’d never want to make this decision for a brand with passionate customers. People feel really invested in things like this, and there’s not going to be a silver bullet that appeases everyone.

I truly love the new look and I get why others don’t. In fact, some of the responses in this thread have caused me to rethink the old logo. I like it better now that I see it through others’ eyes.
At least it’s not a gigantic, chintzy gold crown that looks like Bob Guccione in a green shag carpet Miami lounge in 1973.
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

strapline wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:11 pm It seemed that much of the initial discussion focussed on the complete omission of the wording Christopher Ward from the dial. In many ways this seemed to outshine all of the other enhancements that the new range offered.

Des
I've just cut and pasted this from my OP, I just felt I had to after seeing how the thread has developed. The 'logo' discussion, it's there again. It seems that there is little else to discuss as far as the Aquitaine launch is concerned and that's a shame. I have never come across a brand with this kind of identity issue or opaqueness. I genuinely can't think of another watchmaker, electronics company, clothing label, car manufacturer, breakfast cereal maker - the list goes on and on - that has a similar issue. In a bizarre way it seems to be Christopher Ward's USP.

Can you imagine if CW was a public company answerable to its shareholders. I'm sure you've got a good idea of what would top the agenda of pretty much every AGM! It is a shame that a brand that has achieved such notable firsts as being the first British brand to design and manufacture a commercially viable mechanical movement in a great many years, as well as being the first brand to produce a genuine super compressor, again in a great many years, is having to entertain this type of conversation. To the wider public these achievements will largely fall on deaf ears, or not be heard full stop. It seems that the logo issue will largely get in the way.

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Not really. I like the handset and the date window design but they are a bit too retro for me. Maybe when I see one in the metal I'll change my mind but thus far I am still unconvinced.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris