A place to discuss other watch-brands
Internaut
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by Internaut »

BobMunro wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:20 pm
Internaut wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:49 am I don't think there are any grail watches that I dream of, but:

- Grand Seiko Heritage Collection Automatic Mens Watch SBGA283G (close enough to grail for me in terms of price)
- https://anordain.com/products/model-2-r ... een-medium (you go on a waiting list if you want one of these).

Waiting on the size of the annual Christmas bonus. A Japanese watch would round off my tiny collection* and something with a Spring Drive would be the icing on the cake.

* Not so much a collection as a bunch of watches acquired over time.
I have one of these on order :)

https://anordain.com/products/model-1-plum-fume
Simply beautiful.
Beat up vintage Swatch Irony, C5 Malvern (the original), Swiss Military Swiss Soldier Quartz, Seagull 1963, Swatch Blurang Automatic, Swatch Cafe de Flore, Sealander GMT, Trident Pro 600, Fitbit Charge 5. Festina 8810, Addiesdive AD2113 knock off.
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

DSC_0441.jpg
These users thanked the author stefs for the post:
kiter65
Cheers now, Paul
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Internaut wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:49 am I don't think there are any grail watches that I dream of, but:

- Grand Seiko Heritage Collection Automatic Mens Watch SBGA283G (close enough to grail for me in terms of price)
- https://anordain.com/products/model-2-r ... een-medium (you go on a waiting list if you want one of these).

Waiting on the size of the annual Christmas bonus. A Japanese watch would round off my tiny collection* and something with a Spring Drive would be the icing on the cake.

They are simply stunning and I would have one in a heartbeat if they were 41mm or near +/-. I have a colleague in our Glasgow office with a green and the dial is amazing! Congratulations 👍
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Post by Ttf23 »

Soporsche wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:30 pm

They are simply stunning and I would have one in a heartbeat if they were 41mm or near +/-. I have a colleague in our Glasgow office with a green and the dial is amazing! Congratulations 👍
The new model 1s are available in a large size - 41mm. Only trouble is the 2+ year waiting list!
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Ttf23 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:53 pm
Soporsche wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:30 pm

They are simply stunning......
The new model 1s are available in a large size - 41mm. Only trouble is the 2+ year waiting list!
Yep saw that thanks, the Teal is very nice indeed but it was the fumé specifically that I lust after and they only come in smaller sizes. Also 2 yrs, I am very impatient and I can't really think beyond 6 months so that doesn't appeal so much! 🙂
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

The dirty green dialed Seiko I loved when looking for a beater last year has reared it's head again in the form of a lightly used example on ebay for only £113.35 delivered.
Seiko SUR377P1.jpg
I don't like the two tone bracelet, I don't like the jarring white date wheel, I don't need another dressy watch and it would be better slightly bigger, yet it's availability keeps interrupting my thoughts. If I got a nice green strap and maybe a titanium crown... it would still spend most of it's life sat in my box.
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

stefs wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:46 pmDSC_0441.jpg
The IWC MkXVI probably has the best dial layout because of the way the date wheel is placed next to the marker. My MKXVIII has it sat a little bit in no mans land.

Unfortunately this was the last mark before they introduced the micro adjust to the bracelet which is where it lets itself down a little. Great watch though.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

Completely agree with you Iain. What also appeals is the slightly smaller and thinner case but with a significantly smaller lug to lug. A very nice watch
Cheers now, Paul
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

:fondof:
GMT Master II.jpg
These users thanked the author StrapMeister for the post (total 2):
kiter65watchaholic
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

There are no more than six brands that I don’t have that I would likely consider a watch from.

This is one of them. A new release in titanium. Also available in a RG case.
69111F48-8ABB-4A06-946A-2C46075C6A09.jpeg
Neil
These users thanked the author nbg for the post:
watchaholic
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

nbg wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:49 pm There are no more than six brands that I don’t have that I would likely consider a watch from.
Out of interest, Neil, what would the others be?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

^^^ Breguet, Czapek, Ulysse Nardin, Glasshutte Original and Chopard.

All high end, that each have a few watches that are different to the usual suspects and covering a wide range of styles.

Unlikely to draw attention from the wrong sort.

No bragging rights.

If I add one of those brands over the next couple of years I will be happy enough. Providing I get around to selling off at least a couple from the brand that I currently tend to wear the most.

Maybe six was too low, I have just remembered that I also like Zenith and specifically the Cartier Santos. :lol:

However you get the drift. From my perspective, for the style of watches I am drawn to, no point adding anything from a mass market brand, that tries to occupy the same space as Rolex. I would just look at it and think - why did I do that?

Neil
These users thanked the author nbg for the post (total 3):
kiter65Amor Vincit OmniaJasperCat
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Quite liking these at the moment. Interesting dial, complications and a good size.

Anybody know anything about them and how they differ from Grand Seiko (apart from £4000!). Equally, where does King Seiko fit - sounds like another 'premium' end to the Seiko range.....
Screenshot_20220518-150645_Chrome.jpg
Superthrust
Senior
Senior

Post by Superthrust »

Really interested by these, got an ingenieur vibe but with a movement worthy of the style!

The faceted syringe hands are my favourite aswell, love the similar ones on the JLC True Second and love them on these aswell....

Letting myself get one watch in the summer, but there's so many options it's hard to decide.... the norqains, the oris 403, bb58, omega seamaster....even looking at pequignet.

A trip to London is in order now covid has mostly buggered off!
These users thanked the author Superthrust for the post:
Soporsche
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

Well hello there titanium & green Longines no-date wobbler (sort of).... I may need to find you in a boutique somewhere

These users thanked the author jtc for the post:
Soporsche
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex