Logo only on some existing CW models.

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: Logo only on some existing CW models.

Post by ajax87 »

^^^ I don’t think I’ve seen many people if any argue that point, Iain. It’s not about people being able to tell what brand I’m wearing. It’s just aesthetic, the swish only makes it look bare and unfinished.

I might get used to it someday, who knows. Maybe it’s just an unconscious bias since most everyone else has the name and logo.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

^^^^ I am aware people have differing views on the logo for a wide variety of reasons.

I may have dreamt it, but I’m sure I have read here, or on other social media platforms, some people saying that removing the name will lower the brand recognition.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ You've not dreamt it Iain, its certainly been muted in various posts on here.

Only time will tell . . . . . .

Guy

Sent from my XPERIA 5 III using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

iain wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:40 pm ^^^^ I am aware people have differing views on the logo for a wide variety of reasons.

I may have dreamt it, but I’m sure I have read here, or on other social media platforms, some people saying that removing the name will lower the brand recognition.
I might be thinking on a slightly different wavelength.

“I want people to know I’m wearing a CW” versus CW wanting to increase their brand recognition in the market.

I don’t see anybody saying it that first way.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^ Just out of interest, in the course of a normal day I wonder how many people take the slightest notice of the watch you are wearing.

I think as watch enthusiasts we tend to overestimate the knowledge and interest of other people. Two of the watches I wear regularly are considered fairly iconic in watch circles, but the vast majority of the people who see me wearing them regularly wouldn’t have a clue what they are.

I have been wearing Christopher Ward watches for over 10 years, and virtually everyone I have known over that period would say “Christopher Who?” Not that they would ask me anyway (v.s.)
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

We bought my Dad a Sealander last year for his birthday. Since then three other people he knows have bought one based on the looks alone. They saw it on his wrist and asked about it. These are normal everyday joes. I think more often than not that is the way it goes. 'That is really nice! Where did you get it?'
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

The great Swishover continues

96A4F6EB-DD1E-4259-BB9D-F9D1BB42FB72.jpeg
These users thanked the author ajax87 for the post (total 3):
jkbarnesMattyyBthomcat00
Alex
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

A member of the CWE Group, posted a couple of days ago that he'd heard from CW his new C65 Super Compressor, which was in the process of being shipped to him, has got the TwinFlag (Swish) logo.

Guy

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
ssholloway21
Senior
Senior

Post by ssholloway21 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:01 am A member of the CWE Group, posted a couple of days ago that he'd heard from CW his new C65 Super Compressor, which was in the process of being shipped to him, has got the TwinFlag (Swish) logo.

Guy

I noticed the SC with flags only over a week ago:

https://www.christopherward.com/int/ret ... B1-B0.html
These users thanked the author ssholloway21 for the post:
Bahnstormer_vRS