How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
SimonGermany
Senior
Senior

Re: How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Post by SimonGermany »

I’ve never seen a CW ‚in the wild‘.

My C61 has received a few compliments though!
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:31 pm
Mikkei4 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:23 pm
Mikkei4 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:50 pm 42mm Blue & Orange C60 Trident GMT 600 spotted and confirmed on a Berkshire golf course this morning.
First I've seen in the wild.
Surprisingly saw another CW watch today at another Berkshire golf course - this time it was a Kingfisher with the Orange (? Is that what the colour is called?) dial.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

A rare spot but was it the Tangerine (quartz) or Burnt Orange (Automatic) Kingfisher you saw. :wink:

Guy
Burnt Orange Auto seen (again) this morning.
copemanphoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by copemanphoto »

I was just waking up in the recovery room on Thursday the past week after a medical procedure when my attending physician came in to check up on me and he noticed my Oris hat beside my bed.

That started a great 10 minute conversation about watches we both owned and loved and he showed me his CW C65 Super Compressor that he wore that day. He explained to me how the internal bezel worked and also the adjustable bracelet.

I told him about the new Sealander release and later that day emailed him the link from CW on the new watches. His reply was he is leaning towards the C63 Elite in titanium for his next acquisition.

So while this was my first time seeing a CW on someone else he is not my first Doctor who is a watch guy. That distinction belongs to my surgeon who walked into our first meeting wearing a Kermit and when I recognized it and mentioned it, well that started a nice conversation about watches and I remember my wife sitting there in disbelief that someone other than me could be this passionate about watches.

Cheers, Mike.
Cheers, Mike.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

copemanphoto wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:17 pm I was just waking up in the recovery room on Thursday the past week after a medical procedure when my attending physician came in to check up on me and he noticed my Oris hat beside my bed.

That started a great 10 minute conversation about watches we both owned and loved and he showed me his CW C65 Super Compressor that he wore that day. He explained to me how the internal bezel worked and also the adjustable bracelet.

I told him about the new Sealander release and later that day emailed him the link from CW on the new watches. His reply was he is leaning towards the C63 Elite in titanium for his next acquisition.

So while this was my first time seeing a CW on someone else he is not my first Doctor who is a watch guy. That distinction belongs to my surgeon who walked into our first meeting wearing a Kermit and when I recognized it and mentioned it, well that started a nice conversation about watches and I remember my wife sitting there in disbelief that someone other than me could be this passionate about watches.

Cheers, Mike.
Great story!
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

After 7 yrs of CW ownership, I’ve yet to see one in the wild.
Steve.
Jkpa
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jkpa »

Never happened before and I don’t expect it to ever happen either.
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

The closest I’ve come is seeing a C5 Mk2 for sale on eBay with the seller being in a city near me. The seller didn’t respond when I messaged them. :/
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

Matt Tebbut was wearing a bronze C60 on a blue hybrid strap on the telly at the weekend. Does that count?
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

0uatiOW wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:46 am Matt Tebbut was wearing a bronze C60 on a blue hybrid strap on the telly at the weekend. Does that count?
I would think that counts. Good catch!
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
bwedlund

Post by bwedlund »

I haven't seen one on the wild, and I have work it into a fairly large multibrand AD who also commented he hadn't seen one before.
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

TigerChris wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:31 pm
michelj13 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:04 pm If I see a stepping seconds hand, I may not try to have another look (watch snob I know that too)
Ahhh, but what if that stepping seconds hand turned out to be a JLC True Second and you've missed the change to take a closer look
Or a nice quartz Grand Seiko.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
MichaelMD
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by MichaelMD »

Never seen on in the wild, but I know there are a few folks on the Rolex forums with C.Wards
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

I’ve just been on a business trip to Orlando and on the return flight, I was very fortunate to get an upgrade into Upper Class with Virgin Atlantic… it’s been quite a few years since the last time, and so was very welcome after a long busy week :D

As we queued for boarding, I happened to notice the guy in front of me, appeared to be wearing a C65 Automatic on hybrid strap (it was the blue and orange that made me notice!).

Onboard, he was in the seat directly in front and so I asked him directly and he confirmed it was a CW and that he had “two or three” others :thumbup:

I was wearing my Concept, which he was most intrigued about (having never seen one for real).

So, my first CW “in the wild” and a relaxing end to my first Transatlantic business trip in quite a while too :lol:
These users thanked the author JasperCat for the post (total 4):
Bahnstormer_vRSjkbarnesChris375thomcat00
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

JasperCat wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:04 am As we queued for boarding, I happened to notice the guy in front of me, appeared to be wearing a C65 Automatic on hybrid strap (it was the blue and orange that made me notice!).

Onboard, he was in the seat directly in front and so I asked him directly and he confirmed it was a CW and that he had “two or three” others :thumbup:

I was wearing my Concept, which he was most intrigued about (having never seen one for real).
Surely as a multiple CW owner he'll be a member of this forum, too!? We should keep an eye out for someone posting on the same thread saying, "wow, I finally saw a CW out in the wilds, and it was a concept no less. I met the owner on a plane of all places." :lol:

Des
These users thanked the author strapline for the post (total 2):
jkbarnesJasperCat
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

strapline wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:00 pm Surely as a multiple CW owner he'll be a member of this forum, too!? We should keep an eye out for someone posting on the same thread saying, "wow, I finally saw a CW out in the wilds, and it was a concept no less. I met the owner on a plane of all places." :lol:
Des
That same thought crossed my mind only this morning, and I really should have asked him, but it was late and we were both about ready to hit the (admittedly superbly comfy) beds on the plane :lol:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King