TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: C65 Aquitaine Collection Preview

Post by TigerChris »

BobMunro wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:20 pm
TigerChris wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:16 pm
ssholloway21 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:15 pm So, what has everyone been up to?
Watching the hands on review of the new CW Aquitaine but ssssshhh, it’s secret! :lol: :lol:
Me too - I like the yellow one but the pink one is not for me.
Each to their own, I suppose - I actually thought the shade of pink used was quite nice. The yellows a little too ‘in your face’ I think
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

jkbarnes wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:24 am I thought for sure the collection would be live by the time I got up this morning. I was looking forward to taking it all in over morning coffee. Oh well.
But you are up very early Andrew. Your post was timed at 11:24 UK. That's about 5am, Virginia time. :D
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

TigerChris wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:04 pm So, let me get this straight in my head. There is an article with full details, including pricing, that’s been published within the last hour. There is a full ‘hands on’ review on you tube that is sponsored by Christopher Ward themselves. Yet, it’s not allowed to be discussed on here? In the words of Micky Morgan (most will need to Google it!) - I can’t spake!
Yup; I know Chris. I've taken a peek at the hands on video 'sponsored by Christopher Ward' as well; unfortunately its not a video by Christopher Ward themselves, yet.

Patience will be rewarded. :wink: :wink:

Guy

PS> thanks for not posting the link to the video; yet.
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

I wasn't able to attend the preview call on Tuesday. I've obviously now seen the watch on the unspecified other watch website article.

It does seem a bit anti-climactic and would have been better if CW could have gone live with the Aquitaine at 6am or whenever this morning to avoid all the spoilers.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

Recent experience has taught me that I don't necessarily go base over apex for a watch on first introduction so for now at least I'm playing it cool and waiting for some real "on wrist" footage to help me.

I'm looking to you guys to help me out here.....
These users thanked the author tikkathree for the post:
albionphoto
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

CW have now published their Official Video on YouTube, the link for which has bee posted in this, new, topic;- C65 Aquitaine Collection - Released

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

It's also posted on the website now.

https://www.christopherward.com/int/new-watches
These users thanked the author albionphoto for the post:
Bahnstormer_vRS
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

TigerChris wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:04 pm So, let me get this straight in my head. There is an article with full details, including pricing, that’s been published within the last hour. There is a full ‘hands on’ review on you tube that is sponsored by Christopher Ward themselves. Yet, it’s not allowed to be discussed on here? In the words of Micky Morgan (most will need to Google it!) - I can’t spake!

The thing to understand here is trust.

We made a commitment to CW that we would honor their request of an embargo until a given time or circumstance. We have chosen in the past and now to honor those commitments. CW trusts us to do so. It is a trust that we have earned.

I don't care what other sites, blogs or groups do. I only care that we fulfill our promise. Without that trust we would not be able to get some of the information that we do or hold events that we have had. It is that simple.
These users thanked the author Kip for the post (total 14):
SellPhywelshladJAFOStuart1albionphotoJasperCatjkbarnesthomcat00gannetjtc and 4 more users
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

Mike2795647 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:52 am
Lawrence wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:05 am I just saw the pics on another site and now I'm slightly sad.
Likewise, although will wait for the official pictures and specs (and hope to god it’s a 20mm lug width) Over the years I’ve read that so many people want CW to ditch the name and just go with the logo, now it’s happened, My initial reaction is that it makes it look more like a fashion brand watch and its lost some of its CW identity
The first rule of riot control is never give into the mob.

Ditching your own name for a logo because of some internet chatter.... It's astonishing.
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

Kip wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:18 pm

We made a commitment to CW that we would honor their request of an embargo until a given time or circumstance. We have chosen in the past and now to honor those commitments. CW trusts us to do so. It is a trust that we have earned.

I don't care what other sites, blogs or groups do. I only care that we fulfill our promise. Without that trust we would not be able to get some of the information that we do or hold events that we have had. It is that simple.
Totally agree with Kip here...

Basically, just because someone else is either not following the rules, not bound by the rules or just an accidental error... this doesn't remove the obligation on anyone who agreed to abide by the embargo to continue to do so... it's called integrity... the military even embody it in an "honour code" :thumbup:

If we followed everyone else and started giving away information early, then CW would (quite rightly) stop the previews and then we all lose :problem:
These users thanked the author JasperCat for the post (total 4):
jkbarnesthomcat00Stuart1gannet
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Sunspot
CW-watches: 2

Post by Sunspot »

Thanks again for arranging the preview and happy that we continue to play by the rules so that we can have more previews in the future!
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

JasperCat wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:23 pm
Kip wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:18 pm

Totally agree with Kip here...

Basically, just because someone else is either not following the rules, not bound by the rules or just an accidental error... this doesn't remove the obligation on anyone who agreed to abide by the embargo to continue to do so... it's called integrity... the military even embody it in an "honour code" :thumbup:

If we followed everyone else and started giving away information early, then CW would (quite rightly) stop the previews and then we all lose :problem:
Firstly, I didn’t agree to any embargo as I didn’t attend the pre launch zoom thing. Secondly, I came onto the CW watch forum to discuss a new CW release after reading an article on it and watching a hands on video, which was even sponsored by CW themselves. It’s at this point I read that it’s not allowed to be discussed - something I found bonkers! If it wasn’t already in the public domain then fair enough but it was - jeez, even CW themselves stuffed up last night and published it on their own website!
These users thanked the author TigerChris for the post (total 3):
JasperCatFloridaPhilsproughton
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

TigerChris wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:23 pm Firstly, I didn’t agree to any embargo as I didn’t attend the pre launch zoom thing. Secondly, I came onto the CW watch forum to discuss a new CW release after reading an article on it and watching a hands on video, which was even sponsored by CW themselves. It’s at this point I read that it’s not allowed to be discussed - something I found bonkers! If it wasn’t already in the public domain then fair enough but it was - jeez, even CW themselves stuffed up last night and published it on their own website!
That's fair enough, if you didn't attend the preview and agree to the embargo, then of course no worries discussing anything at all :thumbup:

Fortunately, it's just a watch range anyway... not an issue of national security :lol:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

TigerChris wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:23 pm

Firstly, I didn’t agree to any embargo as I didn’t attend the pre launch zoom thing. Secondly, I came onto the CW watch forum to discuss a new CW release after reading an article on it and watching a hands on video, which was even sponsored by CW themselves. It’s at this point I read that it’s not allowed to be discussed - something I found bonkers! If it wasn’t already in the public domain then fair enough but it was - jeez, even CW themselves stuffed up last night and published it on their own website!
You may not have agreed to it, but we did. Hence the enforcement.
These users thanked the author Kip for the post (total 3):
jkbarnesJasperCatthomcat00
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

JasperCat wrote:
TigerChris wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:23 pm Firstly, I didn’t agree to any embargo as I didn’t attend the pre launch zoom thing. Secondly, I came onto the CW watch forum to discuss a new CW release after reading an article on it and watching a hands on video, which was even sponsored by CW themselves. It’s at this point I read that it’s not allowed to be discussed - something I found bonkers! If it wasn’t already in the public domain then fair enough but it was - jeez, even CW themselves stuffed up last night and published it on their own website!
That's fair enough, if you didn't attend the preview and agree to the embargo, then of course no worries discussing anything at all :thumbup:

Fortunately, it's just a watch range anyway... not an issue of national security :lol:
The drama is ridiculous.

People need to step away from the keyboards, put the meth pipes down, eat, get some sleep, and get on with life.

I for one am happy CW is solvent, creative, and trying to do better as a company that already does really, really well with the resources they have. The leaders put their own blood, sweat, tears, and capital into something that’s just a hobby for us. Get a grip and appreciate that.
These users thanked the author Robotaz for the post (total 2):
jkbarnesJasperCat