C63 Sapphire GMT COSC LE

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
David. S
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Re: C63 Sapphire GMT COSC LE

Post by David. S »

Got the email today........my April delivery has been pushed back to early May....delays with the dials apparently.. :thumbdown:

David.
wookiechew23
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by wookiechew23 »

Sorry to hear that, and I hope you get yours soon!

I wonder what that will mean for the delivery dates for the second batch that was scheduled to be delivered in May - I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of mine in that batch. I guess we'll just wait and see if there's any information about it as we get closer to the delivery dates, and fingers crossed that there are no other delays!
These users thanked the author wookiechew23 for the post:
David. S
Arun

C63 Sealander GMT, C63 Sapphire GMT COSC LE, C1 Bel Canto, C12 Twelve Ti
Cs18

Post by Cs18 »

I was thinking this myself,
I have not had any further updates on my order and mine is in the may batch also
David. S
Guru
Guru

Post by David. S »

Screenshot_20220411-194020_Outlook.jpg
Here is a screenshot of the email.

David.
These users thanked the author David. S for the post:
Cs18
stokesy
CW-watches: 3

Post by stokesy »

I'm not worried about my order, but I do think it rather strange that the C63 Sapphire GMT COSC LE has disappeared from the CW site. I know it's sold out, but other LE sold out watches are still on the site and the only remaining reference that it ever existed is the manual.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^ Hello and welcome. Do please visit the Member Introduction section and tell us about yourself.

With reference to your question, it seems strange to me that some sold out items are still visible, but I would agree that some consistency is needed.

It’s always been a pet hate of mine to go onto vintage watch sites and have to trawl through dozens of sold items which haven’t been removed, in order to find one that is available. Wastes time and raises false hopes.

I hope your order is secure and you enjoy your watch when it comes.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
wookiechew23
Senior
Senior

Post by wookiechew23 »

I agree - it's very strange that it has disappeared all together.

I just got an email from CW saying that my order is delayed. They said there is an issue obtaining the sapphire dials, and there is not a solid time frame for when they will receive the dials. They will be back in touch on Monday with more details, and will send out more updates when they do receive the dials (which they hope will be in 2-3 weeks).

I'm certainly disappointed about this delay, but it also just makes me even more excited to get my hands on mine! Hopefully it gets here in the next month or two.
Arun

David. S
Guru
Guru

Post by David. S »

wookiechew23 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:21 pm I agree - it's very strange that it has disappeared all together.

I just got an email from CW saying that my order is delayed. They said there is an issue obtaining the sapphire dials, and there is not a solid time frame for when they will receive the dials. They will be back in touch on Monday with more details, and will send out more updates when they do receive the dials (which they hope will be in 2-3 weeks).

I'm certainly disappointed about this delay, but it also just makes me even more excited to get my hands on mine! Hopefully it gets here in the next month or two.

Hi ,
If you don't mind me asking , was your original delivery date early April or May ?

David.
wookiechew23
Senior
Senior

Post by wookiechew23 »

My original delivery date was May. I hadn't heard anything from them at all since I ordered in March, so it's good to finally hear something about the order.

Looking earlier in the thread, it seems you were in the April batch. Have you heard anything at all from them since the original email telling you about a delay?
Arun

David. S
Guru
Guru

Post by David. S »

wookiechew23 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:25 pm My original delivery date was May. I hadn't heard anything from them at all since I ordered in March, so it's good to finally hear something about the order.

Looking earlier in the thread, it seems you were in the April batch. Have you heard anything at all from them since the original email telling you about a delay?

Thanks for the reply,
no more news since the email I posted.
I'm not sure whether they still intend to send the watches out in two batches as originally planned or all at once when the dials are available.
I will post anymore emails on this thread.

David.
These users thanked the author David. S for the post:
wookiechew23
Cs18

Post by Cs18 »

I have had the same email today, I had the early May date for delivery,

I take it that none of the Watches from the April batch have been dispatched yet?
wookiechew23
Senior
Senior

Post by wookiechew23 »

I'm not sure anymore. The latest email I received mentions nothing about two batches, but it also doesn't mention anything about specific dates.

Thank you for keeping us updated - I will definitely do the same. Hopefully we hear more soon!
These users thanked the author wookiechew23 for the post:
David. S
Arun

AnthroFan

Post by AnthroFan »

I was in the original April release that got bumped to early May. I have NOT received that email yet so I’m keeping my fingers crossed.
These users thanked the author AnthroFan for the post:
David. S
jayb1907
Senior
Senior

Post by jayb1907 »

No e mail as of yet……a little disappointed to be honest
wookiechew23
Senior
Senior

Post by wookiechew23 »

I just received an email from CW! Here is the latest update:

"Further to our correspondence on Friday, we have had the following update:
Unfortunately we have been forced to push back the delivery date from Early May to End May due to the unforeseen delays to the dials. We are expecting to receive the watches on the week of the 23rd and despatch them the same week."

If this is accurate, based on my past experience with shipping, I think we can start to expect them being delivered in the first week of June!
Arun