JasperCatthomcat00DilbertStif
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Re: C63 Ukraine edition

Post by Thunder1 »

That's a winner in so many ways!!..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Just saw this in my email. I wish I was in a position to buy one to help, but I’ll help in other smaller ways.

CW says that suppliers have reduced parts costs for this model so that even more money can do directly to those affected. Bravo :clap:
These users thanked the author ajax87 for the post (total 3):
jkbarnesthomcat00Dilbert
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
chriswt
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by chriswt »

Not sure how I feel about this having just seen the email.

There are lots of more effective ways to help and those that are looking to spend £700 on a watch might not want to be limited to this but may prefer that their purchase of any CW watch helps towards the charity in a smaller way.

Obviously I’m sure this won’t be a popular opinion but I “have Strong Opinions Loosely held” and am always happy to stand correctly if I’ve jumped the gun a bit!

:)
These users thanked the author chriswt for the post:
jkbarnes
chriswt
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by chriswt »

May be the option of an engraved case back which shows that the purchase was made with a profits or customer donation going towards the support of Ukraine.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

So my man maths makes that £500 donated for every watch, happy to be corrected if I've misread the blurb.

I think it's a nice idea, but I suspect many have already made a donation in other ways and it would be nice if the full £700 was donated...
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
The Snakes Hand
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by The Snakes Hand »

Anything that can motivate people to help is of course a good thing but I agree that there are more effective ways to help. For instance donating the price of the watch directly to the International Committee Of The Red Cross (ICRC) instead of buying the watch from CW and letting CW give the proceeds to the ICRC.

Many Ukrainians need help a lot more than any of us on this forum needs a new watch.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I don't really like that design to be honest

Yellow C60 with a blue bezel, or the other way round, or maybe all blue with yellow hands and detailing might be have more longevity.

On that theme, maybe a yellow/blue pepsi style bezel could be a permanent option for any white or black dial watch.
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post:
jkbarnes
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

JAFO wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:41 pm I don't really like that design to be honest

Yellow C60 with a blue bezel, or the other way round, or maybe all blue with yellow hands and detailing might be have more longevity.

On that theme, maybe a yellow/blue pepsi style bezel could be a permanent option for any white or black dial watch.

Ive just been thinking that exact thing.

Very well done to all at CW towers for implimenting something though. Credit where its due :clap:
These users thanked the author Dickchins for the post:
JasperCat
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

JAFO wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:41 pm I don't really like that design to be honest

Agree with this, unfortunately this design doesn't look particularly wearable.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Caller »

Its a very generous gesture by CW, I wonder whether they will be using gross or net profit in the circumstances?
'Tis me
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

Caller wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:18 pm Its a very generous gesture by CW, I wonder whether they will be using gross or net profit in the circumstances?
What does that even matter? They're donating £500 on a watch head with a £535 RRP once a strap or bracelet has been taken off. That's probably all of the profit plus a bit more besides.
These users thanked the author biggus_richus for the post:
JasperCat
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

what-time-is-it wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:33 pm So my man maths makes that £500 donated for every watch, happy to be corrected if I've misread the blurb.

I think it's a nice idea, but I suspect many have already made a donation in other ways and it would be nice if the full £700 was donated...
I agree that your man maths has divided £150,000 by 300 to arrive at £500. :)

I am trying to decide whether I really like the watch, or don’t like it at all.

Fair play though for CW producing the watch.

I am though thinking that even if I really do like the watch, I wouldn’t end up wearing it that often, so would instead donate more directly (in addition to whatever I may have already donated).

Some man maths from me: :)

- To get £500 directly to an appropriate charity a UK basic rate taxpayer would only have to pay over £400.
- The effective cost for a 40% taxpayer would only end up as £300.
- The cost to those with a marginal rate of 60% or 45% would be £200 or £275.

Neil
These users thanked the author nbg for the post:
what-time-is-it
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Stuart1
Senior
Senior

Post by Stuart1 »

I like the brighter coloured dials - all yellow or all blue I would have been in for both! Not sure on the 50-50 mix. It seems a bit bad if you buy then return it. I am going to have a think before I buy.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

nbg wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:03 pm
I am though thinking that even if I really do like the watch, I wouldn’t end up wearing it that often, so would instead donate more directly (in addition to whatever I may have already donated).

Some man maths from me: :)

- To get £500 directly to an appropriate charity a UK basic rate taxpayer would only have to pay over £400.
- The effective cost for a 40% taxpayer would only end up as £300.
- The cost to those with a marginal rate of 60% or 45% would be £200 or £275.

Neil
Don't forget those that also have our extra 1% "Nicola" tax to pay :thumbdown:

Re the watch I agree a great gesture by CW although not sure the design is that wearable. Hopefully the watch sells out and for those who don't want to buy one, they can always make a donation....gift aid it using Neil's good tax advice.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way